Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: question about Mars and the Bible... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 13 14 15

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #210 : July 18, 2007, 12:18:47 AM »

What have you chosen to believe in - if not some others origin

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070712/sc_nm/butterflies_dc_2

I'll remember to paste just the pertinent parts. I'll just post the link so you can read the entire article.

Basing a belief in evolution on butterflies that change from male to females?

If you give it a bit more time perhaps they'll find that this may not have a lot of veracity.
Do you remember the life on mars as proved by the arctic rock thoery:
http://whyfiles.org/shorties/mars_rock_not.html -

kinda wiped out that story...are the Somoan Butterflies next?

Darwin, Neitzche and Steenhausen - were cited as well.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

« #211 : July 18, 2007, 01:01:43 AM »

Nice copy and paste job. I'll remember to not make it tough on you by pasting just the pertinent parts. I'll just post the link so you can read the entire article.

That wasn't actually a cut and paste job. You asked for one piece of evidence and I provided it.

By the way - your basing your belief in evolution on butterflies that change from male to females? I think there are some amorphic Frogs that can do that too.

I'm not certain what you're trying to say here. Did you not actually read the article, or were you just incapable of comprehending it? It makes no mention of males transitioning to females. The article is about a genetic mutation rapidly spreading through a population, allowing them to overcome a parasitic attack. At no time did I state that my beliefs were based on this single article.

You're not very good at this.

What's that? Acting like a **CENSORED**? You'll find that I'm quite adept at it. I had been avoiding it as I was under the misconception that you actually wanted an intelligent debate. Seeing as that is not the case, why don't you scurry on back to your shepherd, the other sheep miss you.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #212 : July 18, 2007, 01:32:47 AM »

Whether you meant to "invoke" Neitzche, or not, the explanation fits. I would posit that Post-Modernism and Neitzche's new theology created the nihilism he thought would take place.

People feel that they have no purpose and therefore life is meaningless because they have been told that they are products of accidents - you can call it a forced cause if you want - but the result is the same. No purpose, no hope, no meaning.

We have seen a rise in divorce rates and an increase in death rates. Drinking and drug use abound - these are symptoms of hopelessness. We have not freed ourselves, we have freed ourselves of guilt.

I think we need either Nietzche's superman (ubermensch) or Jesus Christs compassion. Since the new post modern age has "killed god" we have so much peace around the world.

It's pretty easy to see a pattern develop. Man is the common denominator between a godless world and one with God in it. When MAN perverts religion for selfish purposes he does it for materialistic gaines. Can't man still pervert his own intentions? What have we gained by "killing god" or the need for him? Seems to me that the problems are on the rise - they aren't going away.

I said you took God from man - that was of course figuritively speaking - and it wasn't fair.

God is real and He has a purpose for each of you. He has a plan for you, he wants to know you and wants you to know Him.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

« #213 : July 18, 2007, 01:37:35 AM »

Nice copy and paste job. I'll remember to not make it tough on you by pasting just the pertinent parts. I'll just post the link so you can read the entire article.

That wasn't actually a cut and paste job. You asked for one piece of evidence and I provided it.

By the way - your basing your belief in evolution on butterflies that change from male to females? I think there are some amorphic Frogs that can do that too.

I'm not certain what you're trying to say here. Did you not actually read the article, or were you just incapable of comprehending it? It makes no mention of males transitioning to females. The article is about a genetic mutation rapidly spreading through a population, allowing them to overcome a parasitic attack. At no time did I state that my beliefs were based on this single article.

You're not very good at this.

What's that? Acting like a **CENSORED**? You'll find that I'm quite adept at it. I had been avoiding it as I was under the misconception that you actually wanted an intelligent debate. Seeing as that is not the case, why don't you scurry on back to your shepherd, the other sheep miss you.

I'm afraid you caught me in a completely human state of mind. Not a good trip into the city for my son's senior pictures. I had second thoughts about my post, once I settled in with my tea, so I changed it.

Unfortunately you must have been in the middle of posting your reply.

I do want to have a debate - sorry for the harshness of the tone.

« #214 : July 18, 2007, 01:42:53 AM »

As you wish. I will address your previous post tomorrow. I'm having too much fun reading the Falcons board right now.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #215 : July 18, 2007, 08:14:47 PM »

The Bible does not say if there is life on other planets. It simply says that God created the heavens and earth. 
I John 1:3 says, "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made".
Hebrews 11:3, "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

Finding life on Mars [or any other planet] has no impact on my belief in God or his son Jesus Christ [my savior] - For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Revelations chapter 21:
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
  Page: 1 ... 13 14 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: question about Mars and the Bible... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools