Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's play which would you want? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#15 : November 01, 2006, 12:07:49 PM

And how did my praising Young's running somehow get twisted into me bashing Grads' running?  If we're talking about linebackers, do I need to throw in that I believe Grads could make that tackle as well?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#16 : November 01, 2006, 12:08:49 PM

You don't have to game plan for Grad's running.

You are beyond clueless.

You honestly believe that teams are sitting around worrying if Grads is going to break a 50 yard TD run on them? And stop with the name calling. For all you guys saying how the board is going downhill, it's you who keep throwing the names out.

Yes.

Rationality is dissapearing and my patience is thinning. A lovely combination.

If you honestly believe that, then we have different definitions of rationality.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 01, 2006, 12:09:51 PM

And how did my praising Young's running somehow get twisted into me bashing Grads' running?  If we're talking about linebackers, do I need to throw in that I believe Grads could make that tackle as well?

I do not know maybe you should read what you post?

You don't have to game plan for Grad's running.  Can you say that about Young?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#18 : November 01, 2006, 12:11:54 PM

And how did my praising Young's running somehow get twisted into me bashing Grads' running? If we're talking about linebackers, do I need to throw in that I believe Grads could make that tackle as well?

I do not know maybe you should read what you post?

You don't have to game plan for Grad's running. Can you say that about Young?

I mean before that.  I talk about how those stats don't show the impact that Young's running has and you respond with, "What?  What are you talking about?... Do you watch Bucs game?"  I praised Young's running and you implied that I am stupid out of nowhere.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 01, 2006, 12:17:19 PM

Grads' highest rushing average on the season is 6 ypc.  Young has 2 games of 11 ypc.  I am not bashing Grads' running ability, but you cannot compare it to Young's.

DBuc

Second String

#20 : November 01, 2006, 12:17:28 PM

I really like Grads and believe (hope) he will be a good quarterback...but Leihart and Young were drafted higher because of their measurables and potential (as well as amazing productivity for high profile programs)...I would love to have either one of them, I think Gruden would too (he has always said he would like a 1st round quarterback)...I understand the point of your post, however and that is that they are performing at about the same level as Grads despite having been top draft choices...and nobody knows if either will be better players than Grads in the future...and I agree...One other thing...one of the posters said that these quarterbacks are being asked to do more  in games than Grads...I am not sure about that...Grads has been up against much better competition and has been leading his team in tight games...I can't think asking more of a rookie quarterback than to perform comebacks against the likes of New Orleans, Cincinnati and Philadelphia...That's asking a lot of your quarterback...not running around trying to put up numbers against Arizona and Houston.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 01, 2006, 12:22:41 PM

I really like Grads and believe (hope) he will be a good quarterback...but Leihart and Young were drafted higher because of their measurables and potential (as well as amazing productivity for high profile programs)...I would love to have either one of them, I think Gruden would too (he has always said he would like a 1st round quarterback)...I understand the point of your post, however and that is that they are performing at about the same level as Grads despite having been top draft choices...and nobody knows if either will be better players than Grads in the future...and I agree...One other thing...one of the posters said that these quarterbacks are being asked to do more  in games than Grads...I am not sure about that...Grads has been up against much better competition and has been leading his team in tight games...I can't think asking more of a rookie quarterback than to perform comebacks against the likes of New Orleans, Cincinnati and Philadelphia...That's asking a lot of your quarterback...not running around trying to put up numbers against Arizona and Houston.

My point is that Leinart and Young, moreso Leinart, are airing it out.  When you take more chances, more interceptions will come.  Denny Green is calling for Leinart to throw it all over the field, and that's what he's doing.  He has more interceptions because of that, but he also has a lot more yardage.  His offense moves very well, while ours hasn't in 2 weeks.

Maybe it's time to let Grads cut it loose and see what he can do.  We'll hope Galloway and Clayton hold on this time.   ;D

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#22 : November 01, 2006, 01:50:44 PM

Maybe it's time to let Grads cut it loose and see what he can do. We'll hope Galloway and Clayton hold on this time. ;D

On the contrary, letting it rip gets turnovers and it is why the Cards lost to a team as craptastic as the Raiders. You don't want to turn your rookie qB loose. You want to manage his situations to get your best shot at winning.

I think we've moved on to the "what can he do" stage.  Sadly, winning will become secondary here very soon.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 01, 2006, 08:34:46 PM

You honestly believe that teams are sitting around worrying if Grads is going to break a 50 yard TD run on them?

No, they aren't. But I can tell you for certain, in defensive meetings they ARE talking about keeping an eye out for his ability to scramble, especially on 3rd down. So they're not worried about a 50-yard TD run to the extent they have a "spy" on him like with a McNabb or a Vick, but they hav concerns about his mobility.

BayDay39

Second String

#24 : November 01, 2006, 09:17:19 PM

I really like Grads and believe (hope) he will be a good quarterback...but Leihart and Young were drafted higher because of their measurables and potential (as well as amazing productivity for high profile programs)...I would love to have either one of them, I think Gruden would too (he has always said he would like a 1st round quarterback)...I understand the point of your post, however and that is that they are performing at about the same level as Grads despite having been top draft choices...and nobody knows if either will be better players than Grads in the future...and I agree...One other thing...one of the posters said that these quarterbacks are being asked to do more  in games than Grads...I am not sure about that...Grads has been up against much better competition and has been leading his team in tight games...I can't think asking more of a rookie quarterback than to perform comebacks against the likes of New Orleans, Cincinnati and Philadelphia...That's asking a lot of your quarterback...not running around trying to put up numbers against Arizona and Houston.

no disrespect to any of yalls arguement.. but i think it is far too soon to compare these rookie qbs. A lot of Quarterbacks have potential coming out of the draft: Akili Smith, Tim Couch, RYAN LEAF, Joey Harrington... There is no way to tell what or what not a quarterback can do in this league after 4 games. I love that we have Grads... Yea sure, Leinart and Young would sell more jerseys right now. I believe in Grads and think he is our best option for this offense. Give him time to work with the offense and we'll get there. Also, people tend to overlook the fact we have 2 rookies starting on the line. And only 4 1/2 people starting on the line when Mahan is in.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's play which would you want? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools