Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's play which would you want? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: November 01, 2006, 11:10:19 AM

I would want Leinart, then Young.  No disrespect to Grads, but I believe the ceiling is much higher for those two.

psymun

Starter
#1 : November 01, 2006, 10:45:47 AM

Player                Team (draft status)   ATT   COMP   PCT   YDS   TD   IC   RAT   W-L
Bruce Gradkowski   Tampa Bay (6)   155    80       51.6    598     4   1       69.1    2-2
Matt Leinart               Arizona (1)           153   79       51.6    899      5   5       66.9    0-4
Vince Young            Tennessee (1)     114   54       47.4   599      4   4       60.5    2-2

Which QB would you want at this point? Each have started 4 games... And have over 100 attempts...

SCBUCFAN

Pro Bowler

#2 : November 01, 2006, 11:06:05 AM

Matt Leinart               Arizona (1)           153   79       51.6    899      5   5       66.9    0-4

Well if we had our pick I would go for this guy......But Grads is not a bad second choice. ;)

psymun

Starter
#3 : November 01, 2006, 11:12:18 AM

This IS how it will continue to be all season... They're rookies... Rookies struggle... All 3 are in the same situation, receivers dropping passes, lack of a running game, bad offensive line... and just a little more info... according to a report I was reading on ESPN insider, if you take away the dropped passes, all 3 QBs completion percentages would be a lot higher... Grads and Leinart would both be at about 61 percent, and Young's would be at about 55%... And each QB would likely have 1 more win...

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#4 : November 01, 2006, 11:35:31 AM

Gradkowski, the one stat that stand out most, he has only thrown 1 INT, even in the high winds didnt throw a int

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 01, 2006, 11:47:43 AM

I would want Leinart, then Young.  No disrespect to Grads, but I believe the ceiling is much higher for those two.

Why do you feel they have more potential? Is that because of draft status? The proof is in the pudding, Grads is performing an inch better than both of those high draft picks. I would take the 6th round pick who shows command and good decision-making over top 10 picks with essentially the same characteristics.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : November 01, 2006, 11:51:07 AM

I like Leinart, if he lives up to potential he could have a really good career. That said, at THIS stage, I prefer the guy who has thrown fewer INTs because when you have a rookie starting defenses tend to feast on their turnovers. Not having many, especially after facing some aggressive defenses, shows smarts and an understanding of protecting the football.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 01, 2006, 11:53:12 AM

I would want Leinart, then Young.  No disrespect to Grads, but I believe the ceiling is much higher for those two.

Why do you feel they have more potential? Is that because of draft status? The proof is in the pudding, Grads is performing an inch better than both of those high draft picks. I would take the 6th round pick who shows command and good decision-making over top 10 picks with essentially the same characteristics.

What proof?  Leinart has 300 more yards on the same amount of completions while Young has the same yardage with half the completions.  Those stats also don't show the impact of Young's running on a game either.  They have more picks because they are being asked to go out there and win games, not manage them.  

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#8 : November 01, 2006, 11:57:01 AM

Those stats also don't show the impact of Young's running on a game either.  They have more picks because they are being asked to go out there and win games, not manage them. 

What?  What are you talking about?  What about Grad's impact on his ability to run?  Did you forget it was his scramble that set up the game winning field goal?  Grads not only has managed games but he has made throws to put the Bucs in positon to win games. 

Do you watch Bucs games?

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#9 : November 01, 2006, 12:00:04 PM

Those stats also don't show the impact of Young's running on a game either. They have more picks because they are being asked to go out there and win games, not manage them.

What? What are you talking about? What about Grad's impact on his ability to run? Did you forget it was his scramble that set up the game winning field goal? Grads not only has managed games but he has made throws to put the Bucs in positon to win games.

Do you watch Bucs games?

Grad's running ability PALES in comparison to Young's.  I like Grad's scrambling just fine, but please don't try to tell me that equals Young's 30 yard TD run on Sunday.  Get serious man!  I know you like the guy, and I do to, but let's be realistic here.  Young's running ability affects a game infinately more than Grad's.  You don't have to game plan for Grad's running.  Can you say that about Young?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 01, 2006, 12:01:02 PM

You don't have to game plan for Grad's running.

You are beyond clueless. 

Garv

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 01, 2006, 12:05:37 PM

The guy who fits THIS team, right now and for as long as Jon's WCO is here, is Bruce Gradkowski.
You want to start all over with, say, Denny Green? Matt Leinart perhaps. I don't know.

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#12 : November 01, 2006, 12:05:45 PM

You are beyond clueless.

You honestly believe that teams are sitting around worrying if Grads is going to break a 50 yard TD run on them?  And stop with the name calling.  For all you guys saying how the board is going downhill, it's you who keep throwing the names out.

coopsxx

Starter
#13 : November 01, 2006, 12:06:28 PM

it's irrelevent we have grad and we will win or die with him. i LOVE the fact he don't throw int's that is summit that cant be taught, accuracy knowledge of defenses atc will all improve so he is the least of my worry with this team

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 01, 2006, 12:07:17 PM

You are beyond clueless.

You honestly believe that teams are sitting around worrying if Grads is going to break a 50 yard TD run on them?  And stop with the name calling.  For all you guys saying how the board is going downhill, it's you who keep throwing the names out.

Yes.

Rationality is dissapearing and my patience is thinning.  A lovely combination.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's play which would you want? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools