Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: College Football Recruiting « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 13, 2007, 09:23:57 AM

HMMM? "FSU effectively said, UF is loaded, we aren't , you can play right away, there you won't, you can be our Percy Harvin."

That sounds like a most truthful statement. Most certainly UF is indeed loaded at WR and likewise Reed does in fact have a chance to play right away at FSU and certainly he could be FSU's version of Percy Harvin if he has what it takes..

No need to spin anything I am perfectly comfortable with your last statement.
UF was recruiting Reed as a corner, where both starters were leaving.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#16 : June 13, 2007, 09:28:55 AM

Which goes against the comment that they don't tell guys they will play early.

I documented the Reed interview once, I'm not going to waste time searching for it again.  I told you where to find it, that's about all I am prepared to do.  Most every school recruting Reed did so as a CB.  FSU even telling him he is going to be Percy Harvin is in itself a lie.  He isn't  nearly as talented as Harvin.  Want to make a wager that he ends up at CB at FSU?    

As for Brooks watch "In his own words" on Sunshine.  He talks of 2 reasons he chose FSU.  #1 was they told him he could play Safety, and UF insisted he needed to be a LB.  #2 a friend of his went to FSU.  

You can sling around insults and call me a liar all you want, I don't care.  Unlike you, my goal in life is not to please anyone else or make them come to my side.  I am perfectly comfortable where I am at, while you obviously have this deep rooted jealousy and envy, judging by your constant belittling of others and other schools.

You can sit here and act like FSU is 100% honest with recruits and NEVER tells one he will start early, never tells a guy he will play a certain position to lure him only to switch him, never has violated any rules, etc.

The rest of us will sit back and laugh at how ignorant and naïve someone must be to believe all that.

I find it most amusing that you say "I'm sure Bobby said or meant this....." but when I or another says Urban probably didn't say "You are going to be our starter from day 1" you chalk it up as gator blather. Typical for you.

Of course, we should always believe what a recruit says.  And one recruit saying UM said this, UF says that, and FSU said this surely means they take this same approach with ALL guys.  LMAO!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#17 : June 13, 2007, 10:52:48 AM

The February 1, 1991 St. Pete Times reported the commitment of Brooks to FSU, identifying him as a "6-foot, 200-pound strong safety/outside linebacker." The article quoted Brooks saying that "he chose FSU over Florida because  the Seminoles would let him play strong safety instead of linebacker."

Runole

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 13, 2007, 11:20:34 AM

The February 1, 1991 St. Pete Times reported the commitment of Brooks to FSU, identifying him as a "6-foot, 200-pound strong safety/outside linebacker." The article quoted Brooks saying that "he chose FSU over Florida because  the Seminoles would let him play strong safety instead of linebacker."

And Brooks chose to play LB  so whats the problem??

As to Reed obviously he wanted to play on offense which he will at FSU.

Both examples are much to do about nothing....

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#19 : June 13, 2007, 12:10:23 PM

They are just as much of "nothing" as the guy you quoted originally. 

Brooks was moved to LB even though he was promised S.   It won't surprise me one bit to see Reed as a CB.  FSU is notorious for taking guys who are projected as other positions, getting them to sign by telling them "come here, we'll let you play your HS position and they won't" only to switch them to said spot once they are hooked.  Then it becomes "play where we want or transfer and sit out"  No player at that point is going to do that as he would be frowned upon as not a team player.  FSU lured Brooks and Reed this way, just as they did saying Dexter Jackson could play QB as well as Anquan Boldin. 

But hey, you do what works I guess. 

It will be shocking if Reed ends up at WR when his career at FSU is over.  Most every school, including UF, recruited him as a CB because that is where he projects.  In swoops FSU with promises of being "Percy Harvin" and playing right away and he commits to FSU, switching from UF.  I don't have a problem with Reed doing this but I think lying to the kid is wrong.  Certainly it is not indicative of this higher standard of recruiting you claim FSU to have.

Either way, just as we don't truly know what Urban said to Johnson, we don't know exactly what Bowden or Jimbo said to Reed.  Urban might have said "potentially a 4year starter" and Bobby could have said "we could see you playing early and being like Percy"  Then when Johnson and Reed cmment on it, it becomes different.

Which is why your original post is ignorant.  I am sure if Johnson said "Bobby lied to me and also bashed other programs" you wouldn't be posting this saying take this kids word on his take on what happened.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 13, 2007, 02:13:30 PM

you ask for the link/quote and get it.  but instead of accepting it you twist it.  its really a lot more fun to "argue" on the internet with point-counterpoint rather than point-spin/twist/change the subject.

no one has a problem with brooks choosing to play LB.   everyone (but brooks) knew his future was at LB.  the subject was on what fsu told him to gain advantage.   only 2 people really know what is said in these recruitments, and even then one side may choose to hear something not said.

from everything ive read about Urban Meyer i seriously doubt he would guarantee a 4 year starting job.  I doubt bobby bowden/mickey andrews would guarantee it either.  does it happen at other schools?  sure.  but from what ive seen of Meyer so far any venom spewed is unwarranted.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 13, 2007, 02:16:10 PM

"They are just as much of "nothing" as the guy you quoted originally. "

No! there is a big difference between an assertion by you with no proof, and an actual linked quote that you are obviously quite upset.   

"I am sure if Johnson said "Bobby lied to me and also bashed other programs" you wouldn't be posting this saying take this kids word on his take on what happened."

No but you would...  The day a recruit actually stated that would be most surprising considering I have never seen such a statement over Bowden's entire career.  Of course, I have seen Gator fans make such "made up" statements for years of course without any documentation to back up their assertion..   Always seem to lose links and documentation?? Do we see a pattern here?

I post actual quotes from a cane recruit, and you post opinions on what you allege were promises made to Reed and Brooks?

JMHO but I see quite a difference between an alleged comment by you and an actual quote according to Cane sport.

And you wonder why I question your credibility?

Its OK you can believe anything you want about FSU and Bowden.

Hey I could believe in the Easter Bunny too!   

You are correct we don't know what Bowden or Meyer actually said!!   I just don't allege what someone said like you apparently.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 13, 2007, 02:35:48 PM

you ask for the link/quote and get it.  but instead of accepting it you twist it.  its really a lot more fun to "argue" on the internet with point-counterpoint rather than point-spin/twist/change the subject.

no one has a problem with brooks choosing to play LB.   everyone (but brooks) knew his future was at LB.  the subject was on what fsu told him to gain advantage.   only 2 people really know what is said in these recruitments, and even then one side may choose to hear something not said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm? I just checked the ST Pete Times for once again an "alleged article" that doesn't  seem to exist. There seems to be no article in the St Pete Times on Derrick Brooks such a thing on Feb 1st 1991? How surprising!!

The only article I found on FEB 1st was this one:

6.    St. Petersburg Times - February 1, 1991

Expanded SEC schedule gives UF breathing room   
    A Florida football tradition a not-so-loved tradition has been wiped out by the new expanded Southeastern Conference schedule. Beginning in 1992, the Gators will no longer play Auburn and Georgia on back-to-back weekends late in the season, as they have done for nearly 30 years. Instead, the Gators will play Auburn in week seven and Georgia in week nine. Week eight will either be an off week or a non-conference opponent.Florida often has stumbled late in the season when having to face the...

Pardon me if I doubt it mentions Brooks...  Geesh!  you gators fans will make up anything. I have to admit the article is interesting I see the gators as usual looking for the easy way out!! LOL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 from everything ive read about Urban Meyer i seriously doubt he would guarantee a 4 year starting job.  I doubt bobby bowden/mickey andrews would guarantee it either.  does it happen at other schools?  sure.  but from what ive seen of Meyer so far any venom spewed is unwarranted.

Patrick Johnson has apparently a different viewpoint and has stated it publicly about it.  Darn kid!! LOL

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#23 : June 13, 2007, 02:41:37 PM

LMAO!

Do you ignore what I post if it goes against your belief?  I did post an actual quote from Brooks here with a date/time and source, and posted an interview by Reed previously.

Look up the article son!

I gave you 2 options for Brooks and 2 for Reed.  I'm not going to hold your hand for you. I linked Reed once (even though it was premium material which I will not do again). It is impossible to link Brooks own words from his mouth, but I told you where to hear it.  You can  call me a liar alll you want, but it doesn't change the fact of what Brooks and Reed said.  

So you are suggesting that based on this one guy's comment, FSU has NEVER told any recruit they would play right away and UM and UF do?  That's a fairly big leap there buddy.

You can be naïve if you want.  You can call me a liar all you want to. But calling me a liar isn't  going to make the truth go away.  No matter how bad you want us all to believe FSU is so much better.

Next you are going to tell me that the "boys will be boys" and "I am praying it's not a felony" quotes by Bowden are made up as well??????

LOL!

And no, I wouldn't post it because I DON'T CARE!  How often do you see me post anything about FSU?  Rarely.  And even then most of the time it is only in response to something you say about UF. Unlike you I know that everyone makes mistakes, everyone says things or does things they shouldn't, etc.  I don't waste my time going around trying to point fingers and say "look what XXXX said about FSU and UF, the way UF did it is so much better"  I choose to rely on UF success rather than FSU failure to make myself feel good about UF.  You on the other hand go around posting anything and everything no matter how trivial about UF to try and feel good about the fact FSU can no longer get it done on the field.  Thanks for reminding me!

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#24 : June 13, 2007, 02:46:40 PM

RUNOLE you are about to ge OWNED!

I NEVER want to see you post about honesty, integrity, or any of that crap EVER again.

You conveniently post the article but STOP quoting before the part where like I said, it states Brooks chose FSU over UF because they would let him play S over LB.

Go ahead, be honest, post the whole article.  It's the last 3 lines you lying little snake.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 13, 2007, 02:51:38 PM

HOLY COW!   its time for you to apologize to ray and all the other Gator fans you just insulted.  if you would have READ the article you just BOLDED you would have seen the exact quote.  i am freaking amazed you searched for the article BUT DIDNT READ IT!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#26 : June 13, 2007, 02:54:36 PM

Ready for GAME SET AND MATCH?  
Now who is the LIAR?  I am curious why you stopped quoting before the end?  HMMM, maybe THIS is why.

-------------------------------

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/50594262.html?dids=50594262:50594262&FMT=FT&FMTS=ABS:FT&date=Feb+1%2C+1991&author=JOHN+ROMANO&pub=St.+Petersburg+Times&edition=&startpage=5.C&desc=Expanded+SEC+schedule+gives+UF+breathing+room+Series%3A+COLLEGE+FOOTBA

St. Petersburg Times - St. Petersburg, Fla. Author: JOHN ROMANO Date: Feb 1, 1991 Section: SPORTS Text Word Count: 476    Document Text

Copyright Times Publishing Co. Feb 1, 1991
A Florida football tradition - a not-so-loved tradition - has been wiped out by the new expanded Southeastern Conference schedule.
 Beginning in 1992, the Gators will no longer play Auburn and Georgia on back-to-back weekends late in the season, as they have done for nearly 30 years. Instead, the Gators will play Auburn in week seven and Georgia in week nine. Week eight will either be an off week or a non-conference opponent.
 Florida often has stumbled late in the season when having to face the two perennial SEC powers on consecutive weekends.
Other changes in the schedule, announced Thursday by athletic director Bill Arnsparger, will put Kentucky at the start of the schedule instead of the usual late November date, when Lexington is colder.
 "When you have eight league games in this conference, you can't help but end up with some situations where you play outstanding opponents on back-to-back weeks, but I feel that we did address some situations that have been of concern to Florida," Arnsparger said in a statement.
 "We no longer will play Auburn and Georgia on back-to-back weeks, we will not have to travel to Kentucky in November, and the new schedule format ensures that we will have some home games during the month of November every year."
 The change in the scheduling format became necessary when Arkansas and South Carolina joined the SEC. The 10-school conference has been split into two divisions and member teams now will play eight league games instead of seven.
 Florida already has backed out of games with Miami, citing the expanded league
schedule and the need for more revenue-producing home games.
 The new format will work like this:
The Gators will play Kentucky in week two, Tennessee in week three, a designated "rotator" game (either Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss or Mississippi State) in week five, LSU in week six, Auburn in week seven, Georgia in week nine, South Carolina in week 11 and Vanderbilt in week 12.
 The SEC championship between division winners would be in week 14, the first Saturday in December.
"We still have some work to do," said Arnsparger. "We have to determine which conference games will be home and away and then schedule the three non-conference games to ensure that we have the required six total home dates we need."

Pensacola All-American picks FSU
 Florida State landed one of the top defensive players in the country Thursday night when Pensacola's Derrick Brooks said he would join the Seminoles on national signing day next week.
 The 6-foot, 200-pound strong safety/outside linebacker from Pensacola Washington is a
Parade All-American and was named by USA Today as the top defensive player in the country.
 He said he chose FSU over Florida because he felt the Seminoles would let him play strong safety instead of linebacker.

----------------------

OWNED you liar.  After posting HALF the article we see who lacks honesty and integrity.

I don't ever want to see you preach of the sorts again.

You are the one making stuff up you liar.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#27 : June 13, 2007, 04:11:29 PM

Ha ha ha  !!!   Thanks for actually being truthful for a change!!!

You gator fans are hysterical!!   Hey thanks for the whole article!!   However, I am sure if you ask Derrick after he arrived at FSU he Changed his mind!!   Sorry about that!!   And your point is??

I can guarantee if Derrick was set on being a safety he would have been. That is the way Bobby has always been.

I guess I need to speak with Derrick about what a stir he caused present day Gator fans from a comment he made over 16 years ago! LOL Note: changed for my proof reader RAY since I originally put 26 years!)  And to think Ray of all people would dredge up something from so long ago..  Good research RAY!! LOL

Runole

Hall of Famer
#28 : June 13, 2007, 04:19:03 PM

RUNOLE you are about to ge OWNED!

I NEVER want to see you post about honesty, integrity, or any of that crap EVER again.

You conveniently post the article but STOP quoting before the part where like I said, it states Brooks chose FSU over UF because they would let him play S over LB.

Go ahead, be honest, post the whole article.  It's the last 3 lines you lying little snake.

Guess what??? RAY you will continue to see me call you out for the fool you normally are!!   But again good research!!! LOL

Oh and my search only allows  the "partial article"  Funny though an article about Brooks would be on an article about Florida trying to take the easy way out...  oh well my assertion was in error!!  You actually were being truthful!!  Good to see it!! 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#29 : June 13, 2007, 04:30:22 PM

LOL.

Way to try and back out of being an ass.

Like usual I was right and you were wrong.

No matter how much you want to call me a liar I don't lie on here.  I don't need to.  You on theother hand just got EXPOSED as dishonest and lacking integrity.  You questioned my honesty and integrity, demeaned me and Gator fans as a whole, and were DEAD WRONG. 

And for the record, the articles were separate.  They were under "College Headlines" and one was the blurb about the SEC changing formats and the other was about DB.  Just as today they often group the headlines together for college  teams.  Where it starts "Pensacola All-American picks FSU..." that is a separate article.

By the way, I know you have that Seminole Math working for you, but last I checked 1991 was 16 years ago not 26!  Strike another one up for me!

You can continue to call me a liar on these boards and I know you will. That is your MO.  When someone differs from you or raises another point they are surely lying. But like I proved here it is usually just you spouting off acting like you know it all, calling peole a liar thinking it will make it true.  But it is generally wrong and I find it amusing to bust you for all to see.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: College Football Recruiting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools