Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: College Football Recruiting « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Runole

Hall of Famer
#30 : June 13, 2007, 04:45:39 PM

OH ray go take a drink!!  You take this stuff far too seriously!!   

Glad you noticed the error in math...  Even I make mistakes....  Unlike you right??   LOL

When  you put something that looks like BS I most certainly will call you on it.  You are a sensitive  gator homer that easily gets his panties in a wad.  That is your MO.

I didn't get exposed for anything ...  my quote "Hmmm? I just checked the ST Pete Times for once again an "alleged article" that doesn't  seem to exist."   Glad you showed me that it actually did exist..    Gee you can actually be credible!! I may have to rethink that you sometimes have research to back your assertions.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#31 : June 13, 2007, 07:54:06 PM

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

You lack honesty and integrity.  You are quick to judge but like usual you were WRONG!

The only sensitive homer is you.  Your envy of UF is evident judging by your countless posts demeaning UF and their fans. FSU no longer gets it done on the field so you result to insults.  Truly amusing.

Thanks for playing so I could prove you to be an ass yet again!

Snook

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 14, 2007, 04:54:51 PM

UF's never mislead a recruit?  That's pretty amazing in 100 years of football.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 14, 2007, 05:01:20 PM

How does anyone here know that FSU didn't honestly try DB out at safety first? 

How do we know he didn't played there in spring/fall practices and that it wasn't working out for either party?

How do we know DB didn't figure that he wouldn't crack the starting lineup at Strong Safety as long as Leon Fowler was around (3 year starter 90-92)?

How do we know that it wasn't DB's choice once he got to Tallahassee to move to/play LB while at FSU to simply get on the field and get PT?  And while he was there, he learned that LB was where he needed to be.  In fact, he told NFL scouts that he didn't want to work out at S for the combine because he was a LINEBACKER.

How do we know this wasn't HIS choice? 

We don't. 

Just because he said he went to FSU because they'd allow him to play safety doesn't mean that they lied to him because he ended up at linebacker.   Its only a lie if FSU FORCED him to play LB.  If it was Derrick's choice to move rather than sit on the bench for 2 years behind Fowler, then this whole "FSU lies to recruits" thing is BS.

You've arrived at that conclusion because of ASSUMPTIONS.  You're assuming FSU lied to Derrick just because he ended up at LB. 

Only person who can say FSU misled or lied to him is DERRICK BROOKS.  And I seriously doubt FSU forced him to play LB and purposely lied about allowing him to play safety. 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#34 : June 14, 2007, 05:12:15 PM

Actually Snook, I never made that claim nor have I seen anyone.

What we have seen is RUNOLE claim that FSU has NEVER misled, lied, or done anything other than be perfect over their history.  They always take this approach of being completely honest with recruiting.

I do not ever claim UF to be perfect in any way. I am smart enough to know that sometimes things go on with players and coaches that you can't control.  I'm not going to sit here and act like everyone is a Saint 100% of the time.  I'm not that arrogant or ignorant.

And you are right, it is all stupid and a bunch of assumptions.  Just like Runole's assumption that based on that one guy from Miami that FSU never has told a guy he would play right away and UF and UM always do. 

Things go on with recruiting that no one really knows.  I am not going to sit here and act like my school does it so much better.  That is arrogant, ignorant, and a pretty big assumption to make with little to no factual basis.  Runole chooses to make these assumptions but in the end they just come back to make him look like a fool. Just like him accusing me of lying and accusing all gator fans as such.  He's a bitter old man with nothing better to do.  I hope one day he finds peace with himself and realizes that digging for your rivals failures is weak. Get it done on the field and you don't have to spend time looking for little story's to twist.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 14, 2007, 05:19:15 PM

No, it looks like FSU lied to him to get him to come there (gee, where have we heard that before?) and then switched him after the fact. Looks like UF knew his future was at LB and told him so. 

Reading this, I was thinking you said FSU lied to DB. 

Brooks was moved to LB even though he was promised S.

And this statement by you is an assumption.  No one knows if FSU moved DB or if DB decided to move once he got to Tallahassee. 

But whatever...  Fair enough.  I just wanted that to be clear.  Its ASSUMED that DB was lied to.  That's it.  I personally don't think he was lied to.  But no one knows except Derrick.  It'd be a good question to have answered by him.  I'm curious now to know the answer. 

I wonder if anyone at PR could get the answer on how DB ended up at LB instead of SS at FSU. 

But back to topic... All schools "bend" the truth to lure recruits.  FSU isn't any different from anyone else.  Including UF.  We can agree on that.  AND that Runole is an idiot.

The first post in this thread is stupid too.  Why can't we all just ignore Runole?

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#36 : June 14, 2007, 05:26:53 PM

Personally, a small part of me likes seeing him get so riled up.  Then, when stuff like this happens and he comes out looking like a donkey, well, it's funny to see him try and squirm his way out of it.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 14, 2007, 05:29:27 PM

Personally, a small part of me likes seeing him get so riled up.  Then, when stuff like this happens and he comes out looking like a donkey, well, it's funny to see him try and squirm his way out of it.

Yeah, I figured that.  Whatever makes you happy.  One thing is for sure, he's pretty senile. 

I just have to chime in sometimes when I feel FSU is being slighted.  I'm not here to take his back, I just wanted to clear up the DB situation.  Saying he was lied to by FSU isn't really fair unless we know the whole story. 

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#38 : June 14, 2007, 08:25:15 PM

The thing I like about that more than anything is the fact that even if FSU was in good faith in saying he could play S, UF knew his future was as a LB from day 1 and told him so.  Says a lot about their ability to evaluate players.

Was he lied to?  I'm not sure.  It seems like it, but who knows.  He was allowed to try S but was FSU's intentions all along for him at LB? It sure seems that way.  In a recent interview DB did repeat that was his reason for going to FSU.  And it sure does seem like FSU takes a lot of guys who other teams are recruiting for different positions, tells them they can play the position they want, only to switch them to where most wanted them.

Either way Runole called me a liar and said I made it up.  That's the bigger issue.  Like usual he was wrong and like usual I laugh at how much of an ass he made of himself. To see someone as **CENSORED**y and arrogant as runole make huge accusations only to fall flat on his face is quite the treat.

I wasn't really saying one way or the other, all I said was Brooks said he chose FSU because they'd let him play S and UF wouldn't.  Runole ran with it and then got owned.  I never imagined it would be as great as it was, but it was a hell of a laugh! 

I'll never say such things as "UF's way is better than FSU."  I am smart enough to know that each kid is different, every coach is different.  You never believe everything every coach, recruit, or player says.  If we took the word of every recruit that spurned a team there would be some serious crap floating around.  But I take it with a grain of salt, and don't read into things such as "they said I'd play 4 years" and say that's gospel.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 14, 2007, 11:14:23 PM

Hey Ray "Once in awhile a blind sow stumbles on an acorn"!!   I can admit when I make a mistake or am wrong.  The bigger question is can you ever admit you are wrong???  I have yet to see it!! 

Your problem Ray is you are too damn easy... A glutton for punishment.   Actually I am truly happy that proving me wrong made you happy.  Lord Knows you have suffered often.  I can just imagine the  sheer glee of it all!!  You are such a silly little boy!!

The point that Snook is relating to is Bowden is an extremely ethical, honest, and decent man.  Is he perfect?  Nope!   Does he make mistakes?  Yep..  However, there are very few in college football history that will ever have his legacy and what he has stood for.

I can guarantee that Brooks made the choice to play LB not FSU.   That is the "Bowden Way"!!  If he had truly wanted to play Safety he would have.

One day you will learn how Bowden recruits and it is really very simple.  He is straightforward and honest and his word actually means something.  Truly a rare quality these days. 

Oh and yeh sure  I am senile  Snook???    Assuming that actually was true what does that make you for responding to this post??? ;D

Oh and RAY?

"But I take it with a grain of salt, and don't read into things such as "they said I'd play 4 years" and say that's gospel."

Who said anything was gospel?   I just posted a "quote" and you went ballistic like you always do!!   Like taking candy from a baby!! 

Hmmmmm?   I will let you in a little secret RAY??  As Snook has mentioned  "Why can't we all just ignore Runole?"

Sad fact is I own RAY and I am his puppet master!! ;D :D   Doesn't matter if I post something in error or am exactly right. I can always count on mostly Ray to answer my call !.....

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#40 : June 15, 2007, 12:05:00 AM

can we please just bicker about facts and situations rather than you guys just taking shots at each other?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#41 : June 15, 2007, 09:30:59 AM

LOL.  Way to try and twist it (hmmm, a common theme with you) to detract attention away from the facts here.

The only person OWNED here Runole is YOU!  I own you, always have and always will.  You are my little puppy that piddles on the floor, gets spanked, but always comes back for more!

Why don't I ignore you?  Because it is amusing to watch you toot your own horn, call me out, only to get SMACKED down time after time.  For someone who thinks so highly of himself you sure are a glutton for punishment.  I must give you credit though, you take your licks and come back for more.

You can claim all that nonsense you want, but time after time FSU takes recruits by promising stuff they never intend to keep.  This is a tactic used by many so it's not a huge deal, but becomes one when you ignorantly claim FSU is better and would NEVER to this. The track record speaks for itself though.  When I present evidence you say I'm lying.  Then when I prove it by showing the article you backtrack, then say "Well golly, there must be some other explanation..."  But if A gator fan tries to explain that maybe what the UM guy said wasn't 100% accurate, you dismiss him as just ignorant gator blather. Fact is there is the FSU way is no different from most any school. Does it always come from Bowden?  Maybe not.  But last I checked Bowden isn't  always the guy out on the trail. The fact that you need to even attempt to brag about how much better FSU is by some quote from some UM recruit further proves my statement that FSU can no longer get it done on the field, and you know it.

You are such a hypocrite, and a liar who lacks honesty and integrity.  It is truly funny since you so desperately want everyone to believe you have these qualities, yet in this thread you show you do not.  You called out me and a whole nation of fans, only to get caught with your tail between your legs.

Now come right back.  *Whistle*  Come here puppy!  Come to daddy!  I know you won't let your daddy down!

Snook

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 15, 2007, 11:02:44 AM

I can guarantee that Brooks made the choice to play LB not FSU.

Its my opinion that Leon Fowler was the main reason DB ended up at Linebacker.  That boy was a poor man's John Lynch.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#43 : June 15, 2007, 12:09:01 PM

Why was Bert Reed recruited almost exclusively as a CB yet FSU told him he'd be "Percy Harvin?"  When he ends up at CB is that going to be "his choice?" 
What about Dexter Jackson or Anquan Boldin?  Same story. Nobody wanted them at QB yet FSU told them they could, only to move them.

Look, its not a big deal, just don't act like your program is so honest and holy when they aren't  much different (if any) than most.

I can guarantee you some player has been told by FSU he'll start right away and some player has been told he could play a spot FSU had no intentions of playing him.  Just as UF, has and just as every other school has.

The only difference is they don't go around acting like their poop don't stink and like they are better.  Runole does.  It's quite ignorant and arrogant actually.

For all he talks about the arrogance of UF fans, he is by far the most arrogant person I have ever encountered.  Hypocrite.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 15, 2007, 02:18:21 PM

Good Gawd!  Ray!   Are you still whining and crying about this topic?   Must have really hit a nerve..

Oh well keep showing the world your persona....    Sigh!!  You just don't get it on any level... I bait the hook and you just can't resist.   I even tell you I have baited the hook and you still bite?   

Again I ask the Question RAY have you ever admitted you were wrong about anything???   That is truly your problem!!!

------------------------------------------------

arrogant??  look in the mirror!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: College Football Recruiting « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools