Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms Drops To 3rd On The Depth Chart « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

bucs1

Practice Squad
: June 12, 2007, 04:12:36 PM

From MyFoxTampaBay.com: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/pages/Sports/NFL?pageId=6.3

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 12, 2007, 04:16:38 PM

His mechanics have never been where they need to be.  I also saw a blurb that said that he was not 100% back from the spleen injury.  I'm sure he's been limited in the offseason workouts which may explain why Gradkowski is taking 2nd string snaps.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 12, 2007, 04:21:47 PM

Simms
Garcia
McCown
Gradkowksi

One of these things is not like the other....won't even be on the roster come September.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 12, 2007, 04:24:25 PM

Just trade him and get it over with.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 12, 2007, 04:35:17 PM

You can't dump him cause you'd be back to where you were last year having only 1 QB with any experience. That alone will keep him on the squad.

140BPM

Practice Squad

#5 : June 12, 2007, 04:38:11 PM

Trade him for what?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#6 : June 12, 2007, 04:39:04 PM

You can't dump him cause you'd be back to where you were last year having only 1 QB with any experience. That alone will keep him on the squad.

B-I-N-G-O

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 12, 2007, 04:48:53 PM

Simms has started 15 games in his career, Gradkowksi 11. I'm not sure those 4 games mean that much especially since Grads outplayed him last season even with that lesser experience.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 12, 2007, 04:56:23 PM

I'm not a Simms fan, but I'd be concerned if we went into next season with Gradkowski as the backup and SImms no longer with the team.  Regardless of the number of starts each has.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 12, 2007, 05:02:37 PM

Simms has started 15 games in his career, Gradkowksi 11. I'm not sure those 4 games mean that much especially since Grads outplayed him last season even with that lesser experience.

I agree with this.  Plus McCown will be in his 4th year (3rd in Gruden's system).  This puts us in a better depth situation than a lot of the teams in the NFL.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 12, 2007, 05:04:18 PM

Trade him for what?

Whatever you can get.  He's got a very reasonable contract, which menas he won't have to renegotiate before a trade.  I was thinking we could have probably nabbed a 4th on draft day.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 12, 2007, 05:12:16 PM

Trade him for what?

Whatever you can get. He's got a very reasonable contract, which menas he won't have to renegotiate before a trade. I was thinking we could have probably nabbed a 4th on draft day.
We just signed him for 2 years $14.5 million. Even if that is performance-based I can't see another team wanting to take that on, let alone spend a draft pick to take it on.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 12, 2007, 05:13:40 PM

Gradkowski SUCKS.

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 12, 2007, 05:26:00 PM

Gradkowski SUCKS.
Give the kid a chance...last year he and the rest of the team were horrible, but until he is given the time element to be successful in this system, I think you are a little off base with your comment

You must be accountable for your actions!

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 12, 2007, 05:30:55 PM

Trade him for what?

Whatever you can get. He's got a very reasonable contract, which menas he won't have to renegotiate before a trade. I was thinking we could have probably nabbed a 4th on draft day.
We just signed him for 2 years $14.5 million. Even if that is performance-based I can't see another team wanting to take that on, let alone spend a draft pick to take it on.

His 07 and 08 salaries as a backup are only $2MM per year.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms Drops To 3rd On The Depth Chart « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools