Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms Drops To 3rd On The Depth Chart « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Ignohippo

Second String

#30 : June 12, 2007, 11:32:36 PM

I would still say this is Gruden trying to give Simms a wake up call. There's no reason to make these statements this early otherwise. It may also be a reflection of Simms not being as rehabbed at this point as he should be from his splenectomy. They's no way they'd keep Simms' contract if he's #3.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 13, 2007, 11:04:57 AM

I can't help wonder if talks with Plummer might be influencing the desicion to send Simms to the Third spot.
If the Bucs can convince Plummer that the O-fence can be picked up quickly and that he would have a chance to compete for the staring position.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 13, 2007, 11:11:20 AM

I can't help wonder if talks with Plummer might be influencing the desicion to send Simms to the Third spot.
If the Bucs can convince Plummer that the O-fence can be picked up quickly and that he would have a chance to compete for the staring position.

well that would be stupid because you'd want some value for Simms if that happens. Stating in the media that he's fallen all the way to 3rd isnt going to help you in the event you want to trade him.

T

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 13, 2007, 11:15:17 AM

Let Simms earn something. He played horribly last year and needs to prove himself all over again. With as bad as our offensive line is all 3 QB's may get plenty of time to play in 2007.

devasher

Starter
#34 : June 13, 2007, 11:47:05 AM

Well it looks like part of my prediction is coming true...Simms is playing at Gradkowski's level (or worse) at this point. If that is the case I don't imagine McCown is too far behind and Simms contract isn't cheap enough to merit 3rd string placement.

IMO Simms will have to improve significantly to merit a roster spot at his price tag.

Adding another veteran through a trade (like Culpepper or Garrard) isn't looking as crazy as some might think with 7 QB's already under contract, when only one has proven much of anything in the NFL.

Balls Out

Starter
#35 : June 13, 2007, 11:59:37 AM

To all the Gruden haters, hears a couple things to consider before spewing your nonsense:

- The man's won a Superbowl, and before you say it was Dungy's team, watch 'America's Game' on the Bucs victory and specifically what Sapp had to say about the coaching that year.
- Since the Superbowl the team has been in salary cap hell...having said that, there were some poor decisions made using the luxury hind sight, but find me one coach in the league, not named Belichek, that hasn't...plus people tend to forget how young he is for an NFL coach, mistakes will be made.
- Players around the league have a great deal of respect for him...do you ever notice how whenever an offensive free agent signs with the Bucs, they always state the "chance to play for Gruden" was one of their reasons for signing. The greatest receiver to ever play the game, Jerry Rice, chose Oakland over all the other teams because he wanted to play for Gruden, he said so himself when NFL network featured him in a "In their own words" segment.

Maybe all the haters know something Jerry Rice and Warren Sapp don't, but I think I'm still going to take their word for it, call me crazy...

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

T

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 13, 2007, 01:38:00 PM

It's funny how most fans hate or dislike Gruden for accomplishin something great while adoring Dungy for being mediocre.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 13, 2007, 01:46:39 PM

- Players around the league have a great deal of respect for him...do you ever notice how whenever an offensive free agent signs with the Bucs, they always state the "chance to play for Gruden" was one of their reasons for signing.

...and that band you saw really loves coming to <insert name of your town here>.

Your rant is both silly and pointless but this point implies you are dumb enough to believe what players say. Notice no player ever signs anywhere and says, "Gosh, I'd rather have been somewhere else but these schmucks are the only one's who'd give me a contract".

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#38 : June 13, 2007, 01:56:56 PM

It's funny how most fans hate or dislike Gruden for accomplishin something great while adoring Dungy for being mediocre.

I hate to get into the Gru/Dungy debates but how do you figure Dungy as mediocre? He has a 123-70 record, has been in the playoffs 9 of his last 11 seasons, and is a superbowl champion. If anything, he's consistent as hell.

T

Hall of Famer

#39 : June 13, 2007, 02:55:23 PM

I hate to get into the Gru/Dungy debates but how do you figure Dungy as mediocre? He has a 123-70 record, has been in the playoffs 9 of his last 11 seasons, and is a superbowl champion. If anything, he's consistent as hell.

He was mediocre here in Tampa where it matters. I really don't care what he does in Indy, once he got fired(which was the right thing to do) I didn't care what he did. People here in Tampa have problems letting go of the past. Dungy brought the Buccaneers to respectability along with the Glazers(who should get the most praise) but he was a consistently mediocre coach. He landed a prime gig in Indy where a offense was already in place, that he has nothing to do with, and he just has to help improve the defense slightly every year. Manning and Tom Moore really run that team.I stopped seeing Dungy as a "Head" Coach when Peyton Manning in a game two years ago waived off the puntteam and decided himself to go for it on 4th down.

So yes, while I appreciate everything Dungy contributed to the Tampa organazation, he is no longer the Coach of the Buccaneers so I don't care about him at all.I care about the success of the Buccaneer organazation and not anyone paticular player or coach.

#40 : June 13, 2007, 03:11:48 PM

Just trade him and get it over with.
Let Simms earn something. He played horribly last year and needs to prove himself all over again. With as bad as our offensive line is all 3 QB's may get plenty of time to play in 2007.

dont trade him he is good bad o-lines for any qb mean they will do bad and plus even if garcia gets th starting job which he probably will we dont know if he will retire or not and if we trade simms and garcia retires who will we get ??????? who knows simms is a good qb give him time he isnt as bad as he plays he just needs a o-line if we have a good one this year and he takes over next year I bet he will do good but that's me and like T said we could have another bad o-line and he could get a chance to play and do good or bad we dont know spo only time will tell

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 13, 2007, 03:13:14 PM

Come on "hate", you know that's a can of worms. I agree that Dungy is consistent but his years in Tampa he consistently lost in the first round of the playoffs. That can't happen over and over. Are you saying Dungy should not have been given the boot?

T

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 13, 2007, 04:24:09 PM

To get back on topic, Simms has alot to prove. It's not like he was a great QB who lost his starting job to a injury. He had 1 TD and 7 Interceptions and 1 rushing TD, he was not setting the league on fire, Garcia and Plummer were acquired because, Simms was horrible. I like Simms talent but he's gotta put everything together, or he's gonna be out of this league pretty soon.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 13, 2007, 04:32:08 PM

Simms is our best QB on the team, Gruden is making a big mistake. :P

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 13, 2007, 04:43:58 PM

Well it looks like part of my prediction is coming true...Simms is playing at Gradkowski's level (or worse) at this point. If that is the case I don't imagine McCown is too far behind and Simms contract isn't cheap enough to merit 3rd string placement.

IMO Simms will have to improve significantly to merit a roster spot at his price tag.

Adding another veteran through a trade (like Culpepper or Garrard) isn't looking as crazy as some might think with 7 QB's already under contract, when only one has proven much of anything in the NFL.

Culpepper Garrard thing was a joke everyone. Do not be alarmed.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Simms Drops To 3rd On The Depth Chart « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools