Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms: "It's Frustrating" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#30 : June 15, 2007, 09:53:12 PM

Its not like Simms never played well or does not have the ability to play well, but in games where we can't run or pass block and defenses can just toy with our O-line and have 4 D-lineman sitting back waiting to bat passes. Most coaches would find a way to use that to his teams advantage, but Gruden prefers to keep trying the 3 step drops over and over again.
We are terrible with screens because we hardly use them in games, forget about draw plays we don't try those either. Just line up call 3 step drop after 3 step drop, and have the QB throw through 7 defenders with all the routes going in that 10 yard crowded area, but if you are gong to do that you need a Keyshawn type of player, we don't have that. We have soft spoken, lazy Clayton who seems to just lay on a hammock off season.
Garcia was in the pro-bowl and had 5 or 6 years in the NFL and a ton more starts under his belt before he laid the eggs in Detroit and with the Browns, Simms got his TC snaps (the ones he should have had if Gruden didn't have a crush on Grad's) against the Ravens, Falcons and Panthers. I guess snaps and timing have nothing to do with one another.
Simms took a 5-11 team to 11-5, granted Griese and Caddy helped, but Clayton and the O-line were still pretty darn bad. In fact
Simms brought us back to win 2 games that the defense almost lost for us, so without him we would have been 9-7, and Gruden would probably have no job this year.
I don't see the logic in a 37 year old QB on a team that has many gaps and needs and weaknesses on our team. I guess the future doesn't matter anymore? I guess the Bills should have kept Bledsoe because J.P. Losman was so bad, but he was pretty good last year, lets not give Simms a chance though he has all the tools and has proven he can run this weak offense lets stick to a guy with a year or two left in him, lets put all our hopes into a 37 year old QB, and a 6th round undersized QB with a noodle arm. Sounds good to me.

cricket, cricket, cricket, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#31 : June 15, 2007, 10:18:11 PM

Its not like Simms never played well or does not have the ability to play well, but in games where we can't run or pass block and defenses can just toy with our O-line and have 4 D-lineman sitting back waiting to bat passes. Most coaches would find a way to use that to his teams advantage, but Gruden prefers to keep trying the 3 step drops over and over again.
We are terrible with screens because we hardly use them in games, forget about draw plays we don't try those either. Just line up call 3 step drop after 3 step drop, and have the QB throw through 7 defenders with all the routes going in that 10 yard crowded area, but if you are gong to do that you need a Keyshawn type of player, we don't have that. We have soft spoken, lazy Clayton who seems to just lay on a hammock off season.
Garcia was in the pro-bowl and had 5 or 6 years in the NFL and a ton more starts under his belt before he laid the eggs in Detroit and with the Browns, Simms got his TC snaps (the ones he should have had if Gruden didn't have a crush on Grad's) against the Ravens, Falcons and Panthers. I guess snaps and timing have nothing to do with one another.
Simms took a 5-11 team to 11-5, granted Griese and Caddy helped, but Clayton and the O-line were still pretty darn bad. In fact
Simms brought us back to win 2 games that the defense almost lost for us, so without him we would have been 9-7, and Gruden would probably have no job this year.
I don't see the logic in a 37 year old QB on a team that has many gaps and needs and weaknesses on our team. I guess the future doesn't matter anymore? I guess the Bills should have kept Bledsoe because J.P. Losman was so bad, but he was pretty good last year, lets not give Simms a chance though he has all the tools and has proven he can run this weak offense lets stick to a guy with a year or two left in him, lets put all our hopes into a 37 year old QB, and a 6th round undersized QB with a noodle arm. Sounds good to me.

you must be simms agent... nobody can truly be as clueless as your posts in this thread have been. i mean... have you watched simms play?? without your i hate chucky glasses and simms is god tshirt on???

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 15, 2007, 11:35:34 PM

you must be simms agent... nobody can truly be as clueless as your posts in this thread have been. i mean... have you watched simms play?? without your i hate chucky glasses and simms is god tshirt on???

LOL

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 15, 2007, 11:51:39 PM

He thinks it's frustrating ... I found it pretty frustrating to watch him throw 1 TD to 7 INT's in those first 3 games.

He has been given 4 years now to quote/unquote learn the system.  And instead of progressing each year, it seems he's gone backwards.  After 4 years how can anyone think he's our QB of the future?  At this point I'd rather keep McCown and trade Simms for a few pallets of bottled water so they don't have to run out this year when it's 1000 fricken degrees in the stands.

LtFox

Starter

#34 : June 16, 2007, 05:49:00 PM

Simms isn't half as frustrated as the average fan that watches him get at LEAST 3 balls batted down per game. I love his attitude and believe he has all the tools to be successful EXCEPT the fact that he just keeps making the same mistake(s) over and over again.

#35 : June 16, 2007, 07:48:42 PM

LMAO!!!!!

gousfbulls

Starter

#36 : June 16, 2007, 08:11:19 PM

We got to the SB because of our DEFENSE, we won because the Raiders were still using Grudens system and our D knew all the check downs, audibles, etc. etc. etc  ..What other game did we have that many INTs and INTs for TD's.
Its a weak system that may work if you have 3 good WR's a HB that can catch and a good QB[/b], even then its easy to stop as proven in our 5-11. 7-9, 4-12 seasons.  Play to stop the run and you will also stop most of our pasing plays without even trying.

So, can you tell me when, at any time during out 5-11, 7-9, and 4-12 seasons that we had "3 good WR's, an HB that can catch (healthy), and a good QB"? Those seasons weren't so bad solely because of a failure of the WCO, my friend....

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#37 : June 18, 2007, 03:43:38 PM

In other words you haven't read a single post I wrote you are just jumping in with the Gruden can do no wrong sheep. You must be quite ignorant given the number of posts you have made and not knowing that my opinion is just as valid if not more valid than yours because you offer nothing in the form of rebuttal, if you can double your creativity you may work your way up to "I'm rubber your glue...." baa baaa.... KrAzYbUc 5,000 postings and no point...

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#38 : June 18, 2007, 04:02:20 PM

Major weakness was QB. That's why the 37 year old is here.

Yea - that IS IT. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms: "It's Frustrating" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools