Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hank Aaron « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 32

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
: June 12, 2007, 07:33:03 PM

This guy has lost a ton of credibility with his actions toward Barry Bonds taking over the top spot as the Home Run King.  He continues to take the low road with his comments and act as if he is ten years old. 
I'm by no means a Barry Bonds fan, but the guy is pretty awesome, before and after steroids.  Aaron needs to grow up and stay silent on the subject or continue to look foolish and childlike.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 12, 2007, 07:45:03 PM

I'm with Aaron. He did it with no help so why should he watch Bonds with help?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 12, 2007, 07:47:17 PM

Aaron's not looking or people to tell his opinion to.  They're coming to him.  He's not obligated to root for Barry Bonds.

#3 : June 12, 2007, 08:12:11 PM

This is exactly why the steriod users should have the records erased out of the history books. Aaron did it legally, Bonds is a cheater. Banish his records he's a freakin' junky juicer.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#4 : June 12, 2007, 08:13:01 PM

This guy has lost a ton of credibility with his actions toward Barry Bonds taking over the top spot as the Home Run King.  He continues to take the low road with his comments and act as if he is ten years old. 
I'm by no means a Barry Bonds fan, but the guy is pretty awesome, before and after steroids.  Aaron needs to grow up and stay silent on the subject or continue to look foolish and childlike.
That is one of the most stupid things I have ever read on this message board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 12, 2007, 08:14:29 PM

Who the heck knows what Hank Aaron took back in the day.  Speed and many other illegal narcotics were readily available during his era, and from past player reports were frequently taken.  The steroids never once gave Bonds the ability to hit or make great catches like he made just the other night.  I admire the guy, even though he is a self made jerk. 

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 12, 2007, 08:15:10 PM

wow, BucsGuru is a retard

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 12, 2007, 08:16:38 PM

Who the heck knows what Hank Aaron took back in the day.  Speed and many other illegal narcotics were readily available during his era, and from past player reports were frequently taken. 

wtf? Why the hell would a baseball player take a narcotic??

Do you even know what you're talking about?

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
[/b]

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 12, 2007, 08:17:12 PM

I'm going to say it; If Barry Bonds was white, we would not be having this conversation.  The only reason Aaron has an issue with it is the fact that it moves him out of the top spot.  The old man needs to get over it.

#9 : June 12, 2007, 08:18:25 PM

Didn't McGwire get hit with a whole slew of columns written about how he's a cheater and such after being caught with andro? And didn't the HOF just shoot the WHITE McGwire down from election?

Yes...

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 12, 2007, 08:18:53 PM

I'm going to say it; If Barry Bonds was white, we would not be having this conversation.  The only reason Aaron has an issue with it is the fact that it moves him out of the top spot.  The old man needs to get over it.

OH MY GOD! YOU FIGURED IT OUT! AARON HATES BONDS BECAUSE....HE'S BLACK!!

Freakin' genius you are, man!

[/b]

Booker

Hall of Famer

#11 : June 12, 2007, 08:22:34 PM

So speed makes you hit the ball further like Steroids do?LOL

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#12 : June 12, 2007, 08:24:36 PM

It's amazing how many people have hate for Bonds.  Seed, let me start over buddy.  I'm not a fan of Bonds, but it sure seems very childish in the way that Aaron is going about all of the publicity Bonds is receiving for breaking his record.  Like the saying goes, if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all.  No need to call someone mentally retarded over a posted opinion.  How old are you anyway?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#13 : June 12, 2007, 08:46:52 PM

Aaron had to overcome boos and death threats when he was approaching Ruth's record.  He has earned the right to say whatever he wants.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 12, 2007, 08:50:03 PM

Didn't McGwire get hit with a whole slew of columns written about how he's a cheater and such after being caught with andro? And didn't the HOF just shoot the WHITE McGwire down from election?

Yes...

McGwire did the right thing and retired when the whole issue came to light.  Barry is bringing this on himself by continuing to chase Aaron's record.  I hope he is kept out of the HOF as well.  Imagine the all time hits leader and home run king not in Coopersfield.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hank Aaron « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools