Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hank Aaron « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 32

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 12, 2007, 09:11:55 PM

Aaron needs to grow up and stay silent on the subject or continue to look foolish and childlike.

do you know how idiotic this statement is?  all aaron wants to do is stay silent on the subject, and ALL the media wants is more coverage of him.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 12, 2007, 09:19:09 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why a ball player would take narcotics...

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 12, 2007, 09:20:44 PM

LOL!!!
This guy has lost a ton of credibility with his actions toward Barry Bonds taking over the top spot as the Home Run King. He continues to take the low road with his comments and act as if he is ten years old.
I'm by no means a Barry Bonds fan, but the guy is pretty awesome, before and after steroids. Aaron needs to grow up and stay silent on the subject or continue to look foolish and childlike.
That is one of the most stupid things I have ever read on this message board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#18 : June 12, 2007, 09:26:02 PM

A pain relieving drug, often very addictive.  I take Enbrel for arthritis, and believe me, it makes my racquetball game much, much better.  I would think that Aaron might have had to take something to stay competitive to play so late in his career.
I believe you knew what I was talking about to begin with.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#19 : June 12, 2007, 10:25:28 PM

This guy has lost a ton of credibility with his actions toward Barry Bonds taking over the top spot as the Home Run King. He continues to take the low road with his comments and act as if he is ten years old.
I'm by no means a Barry Bonds fan, but the guy is pretty awesome, before and after steroids. Aaron needs to grow up and stay silent on the subject or continue to look foolish and childlike.

CLICK!

CLICK!

CLICK!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#20 : June 12, 2007, 10:26:05 PM

Who the heck knows what Hank Aaron took back in the day. Speed and many other illegal narcotics were readily available during his era, and from past player reports were frequently taken. The steroids never once gave Bonds the ability to hit or make great catches like he made just the other night. I admire the guy, even though he is a self made jerk.

CLICK!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 12, 2007, 10:26:53 PM

I'm going to say it; If Barry Bonds was white, we would not be having this conversation. The only reason Aaron has an issue with it is the fact that it moves him out of the top spot. The old man needs to get over it.

no need to read any further, someone here is either high as a kite or stupid, you be the judge...

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#22 : June 12, 2007, 11:15:25 PM

A pain relieving drug, often very addictive.  I take Enbrel for arthritis, and believe me, it makes my racquetball game much, much better.  I would think that Aaron might have had to take something to stay competitive to play so late in his career.
I believe you knew what I was talking about to begin with.

You're a liar if you tell me you take narcotics before you play handball and you play better.

Yeah, narcotics are pain relievers. They also slow down your nervous system and put you to sleep. Seems like being slow, drowsy, dizzy, and weak would make you a better player, right?

Narcotics, the next great performance enhancing drug.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 12, 2007, 11:25:59 PM

I think Aaron did try to take the high road and stay silent on the subject, but the media will not give him a moment's peace. If I recall, when asked if he would be there when Bonds hit the historic home run, Aaron said nothing -- literally nothing. Silence speaks volumes. NO one can ever know what Aaron went through in that season. The very idea that he is racist shows you have no sense of history because Aaron faced it every day of his life while chasing that record. I doubt Bonds has had to do the same.

da49erfan

Starter

#24 : June 13, 2007, 12:23:01 AM

I am not going to throw any insults out b/c it is simply your opinion, but...

i side w/ aaron. i am not going to celebrate a tainted record. people say this is a race issue, however he is chasing a black man's record. aaron dealt w/ much more than bonds ever has. bonds just has tons of people booing and throwing a fake syringe at him. though i am sure binds deals w/ this a little, but aaron dealt w/ much more racial threats as well as death threats. i believe it was on ESPN that i heard at some point that Aaron had to sleep in the locker room of the stadiums at times b/c he feared for his life if he left the stadium. and once again, the media is blowing this something out of proportion. i completely agree that bonds before or after roids, that he was an amazing player and very well could have finished his career as one of the greatest to play the game. but cheating is cheating, no matter how you look at it. also, IMO, maris still holds the single season HR record, but thats just me.

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#25 : June 13, 2007, 12:37:13 AM

I am not going to throw any insults out b/c it is simply your opinion, but...

i side w/ aaron. i am not going to celebrate a tainted record. people say this is a race issue, however he is chasing a black man's record. aaron dealt w/ much more than bonds ever has. bonds just has tons of people booing and throwing a fake syringe at him. though i am sure binds deals w/ this a little, but aaron dealt w/ much more racial threats as well as death threats. i believe it was on ESPN that i heard at some point that Aaron had to sleep in the locker room of the stadiums at times b/c he feared for his life if he left the stadium. and once again, the media is blowing this something out of proportion. i completely agree that bonds before or after roids, that he was an amazing player and very well could have finished his career as one of the greatest to play the game. but cheating is cheating, no matter how you look at it. also, IMO, maris still holds the single season HR record, but thats just me.

Thanks bro for just commenting and not wiggin out!  I would hate to meet up with some of these guys on their bad days; jeesh!!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#26 : June 13, 2007, 09:59:19 AM

It also has to piss Aaron off every time Bonds brings up something about racism knowing what Hank had to go through back in the day while Barry can afford a private jet and is allowed to stay in the nicest hotel in town.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 13, 2007, 11:58:06 AM

Bonds is all about Bonds.

I HATE the guy.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 13, 2007, 12:47:26 PM

Bonds.....lower than pond scum
Hammering Hank..........true american hero!

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 13, 2007, 01:54:02 PM

I am a fan of Bonds.

I think Aaron has made himself look like an idiot more than anything.

Bonds would be under the same scrutiny reguardless of race.

Bonds is the greatest player I have ever seen, artificial or not.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hank Aaron « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools