Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hank Aaron « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 30 31 32

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#465 : July 09, 2007, 12:24:06 PM

Not only are you Racist but you cant read!! LOL

and with that statement, you have lost all credibility when it comes to this arguement, not that you had any before, but now, you are just plain asinine...

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#466 : July 09, 2007, 12:25:14 PM

The Bottom line is Aaron Used Greenies which were illegal but no one will say a word.

no one is saying it for a reason...

you are a small man cool...

Snook

Hall of Famer

#467 : July 09, 2007, 02:14:10 PM

Its strange how there's all this "evidence" and "proof" that Bonds used steroids - Has Bonds ever been suspended by MLB?

That speaks VOLUMES as to what my point is - MLB is the cause, Bonds is the effect. 

Sorry snook, but that's not right either as Aaron is:

Only player to hit at least 30 home runs in 15 seasons
Only player to hit at least 20 home runs in 20 seasons

Impressive.  But Bonds still hits a HR more often per AB.  That is, in my opinion, how you measure consistency.  And Bonds isn't far off these two "records" either.  He's hit at least 30 home runs in 14 seasons.  This season would be #15.  And he's hit 20 or more home runs in 18 seasons.  This season would be #19. 

A-Rod's on his way to both of these landmarks as well.  He's hit 20+ in 12 seasons and 30+ in 11.  Is he on roids? 

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#468 : July 09, 2007, 02:24:19 PM

Is he on roids?
Probably

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Snook

Hall of Famer

#469 : July 09, 2007, 02:29:25 PM

Is he on roids?
Probably

Haha I actually agree.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#470 : July 09, 2007, 02:57:38 PM

Only way to know if he's on steroids is to test him. According to the rules you have to have some pretense - can't just randomly test for everything. I think every time you approach a record you should submit to testing. Problem is - with HGH you have to test the day of and sometimes it's still not caught.

I ask you - if the record has been challenged only by Aaron and Bonds in the last 100 years - would you be a little su**CENSORED**ious that you'd have someone even CLOSE to catching Bonds this soon? Most prolific HR hitters seem to fade after 500....

I am a little jaded - I think PED's are becoming a problem in ALL competitive, high profile, high payout, sports. The risk of gettting caught is dwarfed by the opportunity to make millions - gthe penalty is too lenient. Stiffer penalty...say like other forms of cheating (point shaving and gambling). make them life time bans if your caught...then you might get back some semblance of reality. I am losing interest.

If we don't find a way to diagnose the the cheating (paszt and present). Then you'll be right - we'll ramp up all the records - then we'll clamp down on cheating with robust anti cheating rules.

Then no records will be broken...there won't be a way to attain it - of course by then they'll be genetically engineering genes to augment...

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Snook

Hall of Famer

#471 : July 09, 2007, 03:12:42 PM

Only way to know if he's on steroids is to test him. According to the rules you have to have some pretense - can't just randomly test for everything.

That's the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard.  Another reason why MLB is a joke.

I ask you - if the record has been challenged only by Aaron and Bonds in the last 100 years - would you be a little su**CENSORED**ious that you'd have someone even CLOSE to catching Bonds this soon? Most prolific HR hitters seem to fade after 500....

Ruth held the record for 41 years.  Aaron will have it for 31.  Not much of a difference to me.  And if someone challenges Bonds' record in 10 years (probably A-Rod), I won't consider it su**CENSORED**ious.  Why should I?  Its not A-Rod's fault that he played close to the same time period as Bonds.  Their stats are independent of one another.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#472 : July 09, 2007, 04:21:23 PM

Only way to know if he's on steroids is to test him. According to the rules you have to have some pretense - can't just randomly test for everything.

That's the STUPIDEST thing I've ever heard. Another reason why MLB is a joke.

Ruth held the record for 41 years. Aaron will have it for 31. Not much of a difference to me. And if someone challenges Bonds' record in 10 years (probably A-Rod), I won't consider it su**CENSORED**ious. Why should I? Its not A-Rod's fault that he played close to the same time period as Bonds. Their stats are independent of one another.

And that's the reason I've lost interest in baseball - I peak at the Reds and Ray's Box scores - but I no longer go to games and I am fed up with the brazen cheating/salary issues/small market non-competitiveness/Collective bargaining that interrupts seasons....

MLB being stupid? Agreed - anybody that would allow an owner to simultaneuosly hold the position of commisioner is asking for trouble. When the eventual full time commisioner is Bud Selig - there is no hope.

Could be me leaving the game behind - but I think the game left me.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Snook

Hall of Famer

#473 : July 09, 2007, 04:25:52 PM

And that's the reason I've lost interest in baseball - I peak at the Reds and Ray's Box scores - but I no longer go to games and I am fed up with the brazen cheating/salary issues/small market non-competitiveness/Collective bargaining that interrupts seasons....

MLB being stupid? Agreed - anybody that would allow an owner to simultaneuosly hold the position of commisioner is asking for trouble. When the eventual full time commisioner is Bud Selig - there is no hope.

Could be me leaving the game behind - but I think the game left me.

I'm right there with you.  I agree with everything you just posted.  I was a HUGE baseball fan growing up but the strike year pretty much shut it down for me.  And soon after that the roid activity began...  I haven't been back since.  I guess its out of spite that I want to see Bonds break the HR record.  I think it will be fitting for a fraud of a league to have its most hallowed record considered a fraud. 

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#474 : July 12, 2007, 10:54:42 AM

This guy has lost a ton of credibility with his actions toward Barry Bonds taking over the top spot as the Home Run King. He continues to take the low road with his comments and act as if he is ten years old.
I'm by no means a Barry Bonds fan, but the guy is pretty awesome, before and after steroids. Aaron needs to grow up and stay silent on the subject or continue to look foolish and childlike.

Dude, you've got to be kidding right?  EVERYBODY knows Barry cheated!  I'd like to think he didn't.  He's never tested positive so I would still defend him.  But calling Hank out for what he believes and feels is almost slander in this situation.  Hank can feel and do what the Hell he wants to do, really...he's earned that.  Clearly he believes Barry cheated and with good reason.  One of the most hallowed stats in all of sports will be broken by a cheater and you EXPECT the current owner of the record to be grown up about it?  While you sort of have to defend Bonds until he comes up positive or someone rolls over on him, you can't blame Hank for feeling the way he feels.  Much less tell a man who's gone through so much in his life to play the game that he loves, has been a great spokes person and embassador for the game to get over it...Can't do that either...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#475 : July 16, 2007, 12:08:16 PM

speaking of class, did anyone see Bonds acting like a total jerk-off in his post game interview from last night?

You would never hear a class act like Hank Aaron say the F word in an interview, NEVER!

Bonds is a punk.

Bonds is a cheater.

Page: 1 ... 30 31 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hank Aaron « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools