Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why We Should Appreciate The Glazers « previous next »
Page: 1 2

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#15 : June 14, 2007, 06:49:42 PM

I appreciate the beard with no stash look.  I also hope they don't listen to ingorant fans who would stick with Gruden forever regardless of how many losing seasons we have, and fire him with anything less than a wildcard slot.

T

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 14, 2007, 06:58:37 PM

I appreciate the beard with no stash look. I also hope they don't listen to ingorant fans who would stick with Gruden forever regardless of how many losing seasons we have, and fire him with anything less than a wildcard slot.
I doubt Gruden is gone if we don't get the Wildcard now if it's another double digit losing season? Then he will be gone, I think this year the win total needs to be 7-9 wins and a playoff birth in 2008.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 14, 2007, 07:08:46 PM

Hugh Jr is laying low down here in Sarasota...just blocked a new exit on I -75....I'm still cursed by the Culverhouse's...I know...an exorcism...first we dig....

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#18 : June 14, 2007, 07:10:02 PM

Gruden has HIS guy at QB, someone who he would say fits HIS system perfect, if we can't make the playoffs with his guy and we did make it with 3 guys he didn't like (Johnson, Griese/Simms) I can't see how he keeps his job.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 14, 2007, 09:08:11 PM

Gruden has HIS guy at QB, someone who he would say fits HIS system perfect, if we can't make the playoffs with his guy and we did make it with 3 guys he didn't like (Johnson, Griese/Simms) I can't see how he keeps his job.
Talk about ignorant.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 14, 2007, 09:49:51 PM

I appreciate that the Glazers didn't name the new stadium Houlihans Stadium.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#21 : June 14, 2007, 10:08:54 PM

Talk about ignorant.

What's funny about this comment is how a couple years ago Gruden's supposed love affair with Griese was so horrible and Simms should have been the starter over him according to the above poster.  LOL

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 14, 2007, 10:31:23 PM

Culverhouse had many issues that adversely affected the club and the community.  That does not make me appreciate the Glazers.  I am not saying I don't like them, just saying they aren't some sort of saving grace.  Want to see great owner - go to Pittsburgh. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

T

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 15, 2007, 08:04:53 PM

Culverhouse had many issues that adversely affected the club and the community. That does not make me appreciate the Glazers. I am not saying I don't like them, just saying they aren't some sort of saving grace. Want to see great owner - go to Pittsburgh.

The Glazers are great owners because, they are willing to do anything to provide the community with a winning team something that Culverhouse refused to do because he was so cheap. That was my point, all Buc fans should appreciate the Glazers for doing everything within their power to provide the community with a winning team. Whats so great about Pittsburgh? Yes, the Rooney's are classy and have a strong foundation of stability. But when it comes to opening up the checkbook they are notoriously cheap. But you can't blame them, they would have to overpay like crazy to get Free Agents to come to a crappy city like Pittsburgh.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 16, 2007, 11:12:59 AM

We appreciate he Glazers because anyone who is old enough to recall Hugh *spit* Culverhouse knows what he did to wreck this team. Curse those stupid uniforms for luring me in.

Haha...couldn't resist the creamsicle, eh?  Or was it Bucco Bruthe???  (always lisp when you say his name) ;)

Incidentally, have you seen Bucco lately?  He's aged like Bilbo without the ring since he vacated the side of our helmets...

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 18, 2007, 02:54:53 PM

Culverhouse was the first step in winning a superbowl here. Thing is the second step wasn't taken till the Glaziers bought the team.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 18, 2007, 03:25:34 PM

Culverhouse had many issues that adversely affected the club and the community. That does not make me appreciate the Glazers. I am not saying I don't like them, just saying they aren't some sort of saving grace. Want to see great owner - go to Pittsburgh.

The Glazers are great owners because, they are willing to do anything to provide the community with a winning team something that Culverhouse refused to do because he was so cheap. That was my point, all Buc fans should appreciate the Glazers for doing everything within their power to provide the community with a winning team. Whats so great about Pittsburgh? Yes, the Rooney's are classy and have a strong foundation of stability. But when it comes to opening up the checkbook they are notoriously cheap. But you can't blame them, they would have to overpay like crazy to get Free Agents to come to a crappy city like Pittsburgh.

Comparing the vast majority of owners to Culverhouse would render them great.  Would suggest this is an invalid criteria - even Bidwell shows well against Culverhouse.

What is so great about Pittsburgh?  Successful franchise with 5 SB rings, tons of pro bowlers.  Players who are released when they get too expensive - and the best are kept.  Watch the performance of the guys that leave - few if any have the same success with the new clubs. 

As for the crappy city - I suppose it would be based on what one likes. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why We Should Appreciate The Glazers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools