Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I am a fan of Alstott (Not because he is white) « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« : June 14, 2007, 11:43:18 AM »

The reason I am a fan of Alstott is because of his style of play. Here is a man who will take on apposing players one on one and clobber them go over them abuse them and gain 10 more yards. This is obviously do to somewhat his ability but it is mostly attitude and will. Who could ever forget one of the best 1-2 yard run in the history of the NFL. Bucs were up in Minnesota  taking on the Vikings. Bucs were trying to get in the end zone. They handed it off to Alstott right up the gut and Alstott was stopped piled up at the line of scrimmage no where to go 2 Vikings bringing him down and 1 other had him by the foot. Wait Alstott kicked out of the foot hold backed up spun off his would be tacklers running over to the left side plowing into 2 more Vikings turning into a huge pushing mach with another Viking piling on to help his team mates bring down Alstott. Alstott lowers one shoulder while turning his body the opposite direction shedding 2 Viking and then back peddles over another Viking just as he is hit by one last Viking falling and back paddling backwards while stretching out the football Bucs score Bucs score Alstott did it what a touch down.
You can’t help but cheer for a guy with that much hart. How many times have we seen him totally exposed to getting tackled in the open field and he just gets lower to the ground then the tackler and explodes into that defender so he can keep on trucking for a first down down the sidelines.
Now I have herd it and read that we who are white fans by the white player jersey and prefer the white players over the African American players because of racism.

Those accusations could have some truth to them. In my case it to could be in a way true. If the style of football that I like is a hard hitting open field crashing direct head on head smack down bone crushing style rather then a flash, juke, jive, and dance style of football and if there tends to be a different style of play between the races do to ability, culture or strengths as you yourself might see it then my favoring of one style of play over the other would lead you to accuse me of racism. However for me it does not matter what color of skin they are (Frankly from where I sit in the stadium you can’t see the color of there skin just the numbers on the jersey) its how they play the game.

Can you accuse me of Racism for my preference I guess you can. Just remember as you are hitting me with the racist tag. You are hitting me with that tag not with the knowledge of who I am, how I raise my family, how I treat my neighbors or how I help others. You are hitting me with the tag because of my opinion which may differ from yours. Or my opinion may not benefit you and how you have stereo typed yourself or your race.

By the way I do have a jersey and it is a Williams jersey the way that man finishes his runs wow you got to love it. Remind me of “Sweatness”

goto11

Starter
« #1 : June 14, 2007, 02:46:26 PM »

Wow dude.  Defensive much?  Alstott is one of the most popular players in Bucs history.  You don't need to justify why you like him.  Sounds like you've been accused of racism before.

On another note, does anyone know of an Alstott highlight reel?  I had forgotten about that Minnesota run, but I know the one you're talking about.  A 5 or 10 minute reel of Alstott's "greatest hits" would be awesome.  I know someone out there has the footage to do it.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
« #2 : June 14, 2007, 04:40:33 PM »

Racist.

NativeOfTheBay

Second String

« #3 : June 14, 2007, 06:21:37 PM »

Wow dude. Defensive much? Alstott is one of the most popular players in Bucs history. You don't need to justify why you like him. Sounds like you've been accused of racism before.

On another note, does anyone know of an Alstott highlight reel? I had forgotten about that Minnesota run, but I know the one you're talking about. A 5 or 10 minute reel of Alstott's "greatest hits" would be awesome. I know someone out there has the footage to do it.

ALstott vs Vikes

umguy1999

Practice Squad

« #4 : June 14, 2007, 06:26:49 PM »

Why do you care what people think? I find that when people have to defend something off the bat there is usually an issue, like when someone says "I mean no offense, but..." it usually means you are about to be ofended.

I am a fan of the KKK, not because they are racist but because I think the white sheets are very fasionable, I put a number 40 on the back of mine and wear it to every Bucs game.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #5 : June 14, 2007, 09:48:53 PM »

I think you fan of Alstott cause your brainwashed by Karen.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
« #6 : June 14, 2007, 09:58:19 PM »

wow what a great topic I always love to talk about this thanks for posting this topic!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #7 : June 14, 2007, 10:33:49 PM »

Man - I had thought this topic had been banned. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
« #8 : June 15, 2007, 01:32:46 AM »

This thread is crazy......people love Alstott for what he has done for this organization and if you have the need to mention that he is white you have issues.   Give me a team that resembles a bag of skittles as long as they give their best and don't act like the Bengals off the field. 

Huey Freeman

Starter
« #9 : June 15, 2007, 01:47:59 AM »

Alstott is white?  Somewhere, a point is being missed..... 

ranman

Pro Bowler
« #10 : June 15, 2007, 10:12:47 AM »

Whatever happened to spell check?  Or, having to pass 6th grade grammar to get one's GED??

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #11 : June 15, 2007, 10:42:59 AM »

Whatever happened to spell check? Or, having to pass 6th grade grammar to get one's GED??

Please except my apologies on my grammar and spelling. It is a weakness of mine. However we all can’t be English lit majors now can we. I leave that up to my secretary and attornies.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #12 : June 15, 2007, 10:46:58 AM »

If the style of football that I like is a hard hitting open field crashing direct head on head smack down bone crushing style rather then a flash, juke, jive, and dance style of football and if there tends to be a different style of play between the races do to ability, culture or strengths as you yourself might see it then my favoring of one style of play over the other would lead you to accuse me of racism.
It's pretty racist to say black players prefer a dancing/juking style of playing football.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

abucsfan

Starter

« #13 : June 15, 2007, 11:33:20 AM »

Wow, I love that run!  A train at his absolute best.  Anyone remember what year it was?

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #14 : June 15, 2007, 12:04:36 PM »

If the style of football that I like is a hard hitting open field crashing direct head on head smack down bone crushing style rather then a flash, juke, jive, and dance style of football and if there tends to be a different style of play between the races do to ability, culture or strengths as you yourself might see it then my favoring of one style of play over the other would lead you to accuse me of racism.
It's pretty racist to say black players prefer a dancing/juking style of playing football.

Hey "Feel Real Good" that was my point in this thread. Read on and you will see that was the point of the thread.
It is the one yelling Racist who is actually the racist
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why I am a fan of Alstott (Not because he is white) « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools