Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Jags release Safety Donovin Darius « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabingnrt

Starter

: June 14, 2007, 12:46:50 PM

I personally think were ok at safety with Piscitelli, Allen, Phillips, and Jackson....

but I was curious as to if anyone knows if it was due to injury issues or whatever?

Like both Shelton Quarles, LaVar Arrington, and Al Wilson dont look like they will play ever again...

tonilynn

Starter

#1 : June 14, 2007, 01:14:35 PM

Ladies and gentlemen we just found the Bucs new safety i think we should jump on it regardless of what we got out of the draft Piscitelli and Jackson are both rookies and Darius would really help our defense

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 14, 2007, 02:00:28 PM

Donovin is a howling wolf out there man...he can bring the wood, he is a good strong safety.  This is one guy I think the Bucs should at least make a run at. 

tonilynn

Starter

#3 : June 14, 2007, 02:09:19 PM

please excuse what i just said he has been a great player in this league but you are no good if you are not healthy and he has had major injuries the past 2 seasons so with all that being said i think he is worth the league min. for a player of his cailiber and have alot of incentives in the contract that i think he can acheive with his play if only he could stay healthy he is a former pro-bowler but do the bucs take a chance i say i would hope we aleast show interest he plays in jacksonville and we are in Flordia so he would not have to go far we don't know what we are getting from the safety's we have now and if he comes in and plays well then we took care of one of our major weaknesses this offseason with our rookies and darius but its not up to me so lets see what the front office whats to do then see if darius is interested as well in coming to tampa but anyway aleast there is someone out there now that aleast is interesting to tampa and could very easily help this team if healthy cause he would def start as one of our safetys

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 14, 2007, 02:21:18 PM

I don't think he ever made the pro bowl....I could be wrong...

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#5 : June 14, 2007, 03:06:24 PM

If the Bucs could bring him in, all the better. He is definately better than Allen and Phillips and while I'm optomistic about Sabby, you do what is necessary to improve a glaring weakness.

#6 : June 14, 2007, 05:09:32 PM

we should take a chance on him

#7 : June 14, 2007, 05:18:54 PM

I personally think were ok at safety with Piscitelli, Allen, Phillips, and Jackson....

but I was curious as to if anyone knows if it was due to injury issues or whatever?

Like both Shelton Quarles, LaVar Arrington, and Al Wilson dont look like they will play ever again...

yes it was due to injury

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2904087

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 14, 2007, 07:11:00 PM

The Bucs need to bring him in. Like some said before he is better than both Allen and Phillips, and right now an upgrade would be helpful. Looks like the Jagz cut him to sign Mcray.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

JC510

Practice Squad

#9 : June 14, 2007, 07:54:02 PM

Not gonna happen.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 14, 2007, 10:33:18 PM

Bucs have just spent two picks on safeties, and have last year's group.  All are starting to get with it with the return of Raheem Morris.  No so sure getting an injuried guy with a big price tag is such a great idea.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

#11 : June 15, 2007, 12:30:25 AM

I changed my mind we dont need him

FlexXVI

Second String
#12 : June 15, 2007, 10:20:38 AM

Plays like John Lynch, which we like, but the Bucs apparently don't.  I wonder if he could be converted to linebacker

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 15, 2007, 10:38:52 AM

I think we should try for him.  We still have no idea just HOW good our draftees will be.  It'll be a huge step up if we could get an ESTABLISHED veteran like Double-D on our defense...and not just Phillips and Allen, who are mediocre.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#14 : June 15, 2007, 02:21:57 PM

I agree with the above post.  We need to improve the position anyway we can.  Just because we drafted Gaines Adams doesn't mean we don't go after Julius Peppers if he becomes available.  We need to improve anyway possible.  Especially at Safety.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Jags release Safety Donovin Darius « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools