Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: your Top 10 all time favorite Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 16, 2007, 02:49:30 PM

My 10 most disliked Bucs of all time:

Keyshawn Johnson
Alvin Harper
Dan Sileo
Booker Reese
Dan Moritz
Bo Jackson
Danny Peebles
Chris Chandler
Jack Thompson (great person, but cost us a fortune)
Keenan McCardell

You dislike a guy who caught 2 TD's in our super bowl win? Wow.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 16, 2007, 03:12:54 PM

My 10 most disliked Bucs of all time:

Keyshawn Johnson
Alvin Harper
Dan Sileo
Booker Reese
Dan Moritz
Bo Jackson
Danny Peebles
Chris Chandler
Jack Thompson (great person, but cost us a fortune)
Keenan McCardell

And held out half a season for the most selfish and idiotic of reasons.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#32 : June 16, 2007, 03:26:31 PM

Warrick Dunn
John Lynch
Mike Alstott
Hardy Nickerson
Warren Sapp
Lee Roy Selmon
James Wilder
Ronde Barber
Derrick Brooks
Paul Gruber

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#33 : June 16, 2007, 04:43:41 PM

1. Warren Sapp
2. Hardy Nickerson
3. John Lynch
4. Derrick Brooks
5. Warrick Dunn
6. Simeon Rice
7. Cadillac Williams
8. Donnie Abraham
9. Mike Alstott
10. Keyshawn Johnson

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 16, 2007, 08:30:10 PM

Brooks <---The reason I became a Bucs fan. Followed him all the way form High School.
Sapp
Lynch
Alstott
Barber
Dunn
Jurevicious
Caddilac
Rice
Quarles

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#35 : June 16, 2007, 09:29:43 PM

back up qb
back up qb
back up qb
back up qb
back up qb
back up qb
back up qb
back up qb
back up qb
back up qb

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 16, 2007, 11:01:27 PM

Moved to FL in 1987, so my list doesn't go beyond that.  In no particular order:

Mark Carrier
Hardy Nickerson
Donnie Abraham
Warrick Dunn
Broderick Thomas
Ervin Randle
Derrick Brooks
Warren Sapp
Shelton Quarles
Nate Webster

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 16, 2007, 11:04:59 PM

Exactly.   He almost single handedly ruined our 2004 season with his BS.   Had he retired before the season, we could have prepared fro him not being there.   But to hold out when under contract was flat out unethical.   The guy is the 2nd biggest jackass we've ever had on the roster after KJ.   Alvin Harper isn't far behind those 2 either.

#38 : June 17, 2007, 11:40:54 AM

Exactly.   He almost single handedly ruined our 2004 season with his BS.   Had he retired before the season, we could have prepared fro him not being there.   But to hold out when under contract was flat out unethical.   The guy is the 2nd biggest jackass we've ever had on the roster after KJ.   Alvin Harper isn't far behind those 2 either.

I can't agree with u guys on K-Mac. The guy held out because of conversations/promises made to him by Gruden, alledgedly. And if thats selfish and idiotic, then so be it. We all go to work to make money... and would like to be paid according to our value to our employers. If our season sucked because he wasn't here, then maybe he was worth more than he was making.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 17, 2007, 02:54:39 PM

Exactly. He almost single handedly ruined our 2004 season with his BS. Had he retired before the season, we could have prepared fro him not being there. But to hold out when under contract was flat out unethical. The guy is the 2nd biggest jackass we've ever had on the roster after KJ. Alvin Harper isn't far behind those 2 either.

I can't agree with u guys on K-Mac. The guy held out because of conversations/promises made to him by Gruden, alledgedly. And if thats selfish and idiotic, then so be it. We all go to work to make money... and would like to be paid according to our value to our employers. If our season sucked because he wasn't here, then maybe he was worth more than he was making.

"Allegedely"  the key word.  And he had a contract he should have honored.  There's many players who would be considerd "underpaid" on an annual basis based on the current salary structure.  If you're going to redo the deal every year then why do mulit year contracts?  Get rid of the signing bonuses and go year to year.  Hell, most of us are day to day.

#40 : June 17, 2007, 08:22:39 PM

Exactly. He almost single handedly ruined our 2004 season with his BS. Had he retired before the season, we could have prepared fro him not being there. But to hold out when under contract was flat out unethical. The guy is the 2nd biggest jackass we've ever had on the roster after KJ. Alvin Harper isn't far behind those 2 either.

"Allegedely" the key word. And he had a contract he should have honored. There's many players who would be considerd "underpaid" on an annual basis based on the current salary structure. If you're going to redo the deal every year then why do mulit year contracts? Get rid of the signing bonuses and go year to year. Hell, most of us are day to day.

Please don't compare the business of the NFL to our every day jobs. Thats a very poor analogy. By the way, teams redo contracts all the time.

LA BUC

Starter

#41 : June 18, 2007, 02:07:54 AM

David Lewis
Ricky Bell
Derrick Brooks
Hardy Nickerson
John Lynch
? Swoope
Brian Kelly
Mike Alstott
Sim. Rice
Coach Mckay
Leroy Selmon
Warren Sapp
Oh well thats 12

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 18, 2007, 02:08:57 AM

"Allegedely" the key word. And he had a contract he should have honored. There's many players who would be considerd "underpaid" on an annual basis based on the current salary structure. If you're going to redo the deal every year then why do mulit year contracts? Get rid of the signing bonuses and go year to year. Hell, most of us are day to day.

Please don't compare the business of the NFL to our every day jobs. Thats a very poor analogy. By the way, teams redo contracts all the time.
Agreed.

It is absurd to do so.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 18, 2007, 02:17:52 AM

I completely disagree with this.   Although I dont know what was truly said between Gruden and McCardell, Gruden is not the contract negotiator with the Bucs.   He's the football coach.    If McCardell wants to re-negotiate his contract, he needs to talk to Allen or Glazer.  From what I understand, McCardell walked up to Gruden at a pro bowl practice or something like that and said "now that I'm the number one receiver, I should get a pay raise", and Gruden replied "we'll take care of you".    What else was he supposed to say?  The entire thing was ridiculous and unprofessional on McCardell's part.   Gruden shouldn't even have been involved in the discussion.

I go to work to make money.  But if I had signed a contract, I would stick by it and not let my team down when they needed me most.  To say his holding out ruining our season made him worth the money is ludicrous because if a guy like Brooks, Ronde, Kelly, etc etc etc had done the same, the same would have resulted.   Hell, everyone can't get a pay raise.   There's something called a salary cap.   The team has to make decisions on player signings based on that cap.   If they sign a player and he later wants to back out on that deal, that screws up the entire cap structure.   Keenan was paid fairly at the time.  He had signed a contract.   If he didn't like that contract, why did he sign it in the first place?   He'd already been in the league 10 years, he should have known his value by then.   He went to his coach for a raise?   How many players are stupid enough to do that?   You go to the GM.   I have zero respect for the way KM handled the whole thing.  

SCLOBERNOCKER47

Practice Squad

#44 : June 18, 2007, 02:38:30 AM

All of you with Meshawn on your list can leave your membership card at the door...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: your Top 10 all time favorite Bucs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools