Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: your Top 10 all time favorite Bucs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #45 : June 18, 2007, 07:20:47 AM »

Who died and made you boss?

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

« #46 : June 18, 2007, 01:23:21 PM »

during my lifetime

1)Hardy Nickerson
2)Horace Copeland
3)Errict Rhett
4)Derrick Brooks
5)Rhonde Barber
6)Ian Beckles
7)Mike Allsott
8)Joe Jurevicius
9)Simeon Rice
10) Cadillac Williams

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #47 : June 18, 2007, 01:28:16 PM »

I can't agree with u guys on K-Mac. The guy held out because of conversations/promises made to him by Gruden, alledgedly. And if thats selfish and idiotic, then so be it. We all go to work to make money... and would like to be paid according to our value to our employers. If our season sucked because he wasn't here, then maybe he was worth more than he was making.

I completely disagree with this.   Although I dont know what was truly said between Gruden and McCardell, Gruden is not the contract negotiator with the Bucs.   He's the football coach.    If McCardell wants to re-negotiate his contract, he needs to talk to Allen or Glazer.  From what I understand, McCardell walked up to Gruden at a pro bowl practice or something like that and said "now that I'm the number one receiver, I should get a pay raise", and Gruden replied "we'll take care of you".    What else was he supposed to say?  The entire thing was ridiculous and unprofessional on McCardell's part.   Gruden shouldn't even have been involved in the discussion.

I go to work to make money.  But if I had signed a contract, I would stick by it and not let my team down when they needed me most.  To say his holding out ruining our season made him worth the money is ludicrous because if a guy like Brooks, Ronde, Kelly, etc etc etc had done the same, the same would have resulted.   Hell, everyone can't get a pay raise.   There's something called a salary cap. The team has to make decisions on player signings based on that cap. If they sign a player and he later wants to back out on that deal, that screws up the entire cap structure. Keenan was paid fairly at the time.  He had signed a contract.   If he didn't like that contract, why did he sign it in the first place?   He'd already been in the league 10 years, he should have known his value by then.   He went to his coach for a raise?   How many players are stupid enough to do that?   You go to the GM.   I have zero respect for the way KM handled the whole thing.   

Exactly.

« #48 : June 18, 2007, 01:32:05 PM »

I can't agree with u guys on K-Mac. The guy held out because of conversations/promises made to him by Gruden, alledgedly. And if thats selfish and idiotic, then so be it. We all go to work to make money... and would like to be paid according to our value to our employers. If our season sucked because he wasn't here, then maybe he was worth more than he was making.

I completely disagree with this.   Although I dont know what was truly said between Gruden and McCardell, Gruden is not the contract negotiator with the Bucs.   He's the football coach.    If McCardell wants to re-negotiate his contract, he needs to talk to Allen or Glazer.  From what I understand, McCardell walked up to Gruden at a pro bowl practice or something like that and said "now that I'm the number one receiver, I should get a pay raise", and Gruden replied "we'll take care of you".    What else was he supposed to say?  The entire thing was ridiculous and unprofessional on McCardell's part.   Gruden shouldn't even have been involved in the discussion.

I don't pretend to know how the conversation went between those two so i won't discuss it any further HOWEVER I do believe that Gruden is far more than just "the football coach" and I'll leave it at that.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
« #49 : June 18, 2007, 01:32:38 PM »

We all go to work to make money... and would like to be paid according to our value to our employers.

Practice what you preach.  Bottom line is he had a contract.  Honor it.  He shouldn't have asked for a raise and he definitely shouldn't have asked Gruden while at the Pro Bowl.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: your Top 10 all time favorite Bucs? « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools