Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs' Depth Chart At Thursday's OTA « previous next »
Page: 1 2

bucs1

Practice Squad
: June 14, 2007, 03:10:52 PM

From TBO.com: http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/depth-chart-of-the-future/

Depth Chart Of The Future?

If the season were to begin today, Jeff Garcia would be the Bucs starting quarterback - I know shocking, right?

What is somewhat shocking is the way the rest of the quarterback rotation pans out. Bruce Gradkowski would be the backup and Chris Simms would be relegated to No. 3 duty. That would leave Luke McCown at No. 4, likely off the team.

As expected, Garcia took snaps with the first-team offense during 11-on-11 drills at today’s workout. The offensive line in front of Garcia included tackle Jeremy Trueblood and Davin Joseph on the right side, John Wade at center and guard Anthony Davis, last year’s starting left tackle, and tackle Luke Petitgout on the left side.

Gradkowski was under center with the second team, behind a line consisting of Davis at left tackle, Jeb Terry at left guard, Matt Lehr at center, Chris Denman at right guard and Donald Penn at right tackle. 

The Bucs wrapped up their final OTA on Thursday (No. 14) and will hold a three-day mandatory mini camp next week. Everyone is expected to attend, but not everyone will be able to participate, including defensive end Simeon Rice, who has been rehabilitating a shoulder injury that ended his season last year.

“I think Brian Kelly will participate, certainly,” Gruden said. “Simeon Rice, that will be announced when he gets here and we get a good look at him. He’s made great progress and we’ll make that decision when we see him.”

Gruden also added he thinks Rice will be ready to play when training camp opens next month.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 14, 2007, 03:13:46 PM

As expected, Garcia took snaps with the first-team offense during 11-on-11 drills at today’s workout. The offensive line in front of Garcia included tackle Jeremy Trueblood and Davin Joseph on the right side, John Wade at center and guard Anthony Davis, last year’s starting left tackle, and tackle Luke Petitgout on the left side.

Let's just say that arrangement wouldn't cause me to blink an iota if that is opening day reality.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#2 : June 14, 2007, 03:16:11 PM

Let's just say that arrangement wouldn't cause me to blink an iota if that is opening day reality.

I was very surprised that Arron Sears wasn't on the 1st or 2nd team offensive lines.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 14, 2007, 03:19:47 PM

I was very surprised that Arron Sears wasn't on the 1st or 2nd team offensive lines.

While no one ripped Davis harder at LOT than me I've alway thought his size, strength and mobility (too limited for a LOT but above average for an OG) would make him a nifty OG. Chev I disagreed about him at LOT but I always thought he could be a contributor to the team.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 14, 2007, 03:20:52 PM

AD is fat.  He has a massive gut on him that makes his arms look puny.  Good for interior work.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 14, 2007, 03:50:15 PM

Chris Simms was taking second-string reps today – not third-string reps. Luke McCown and Bruce Gradkowski were taking third-string reps today. Pewter Report doesn't necessarily believe the Fox 13 report and we think the Tribune is just piggy-backing on the report without really studying at practice today.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#6 : June 14, 2007, 03:53:12 PM

Chris Simms was taking second-string reps today – not third-string reps. Luke McCown and Bruce Gradkowski were taking third-string reps today. Pewter Report doesn't necessarily believe the Fox 13 report and we think the Tribune is just piggy-backing on the report without really studying at practice today.

I can't wait until Pewter Report's Insider article on the OTAs so I know what really happened and I get full analysis of the practices and tons of inside scoop instead of the lies that the newspapers are telling us.  It's great to be an insider!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 14, 2007, 03:56:34 PM

While no one ripped Davis harder at LOT than me I've alway thought his size, strength and mobility (too limited for a LOT but above average for an OG) would make him a nifty OG. Chev I disagreed about him at LOT but I always thought he could be a contributor to the team.

True that.  He and Petitgout should provide a lot of "nasty" on the left side, if the P-Man is all everyone says he is...I still want to see it...with my own eyes...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

bucs1

Practice Squad
#8 : June 14, 2007, 04:13:15 PM

Chris Simms was taking second-string reps today – not third-string reps. Luke McCown and Bruce Gradkowski were taking third-string reps today. Pewter Report doesn't necessarily believe the Fox 13 report and we think the Tribune is just piggy-backing on the report without really studying at practice today.

SR, are the Fox 13 reports about Cadillac Williams practicing shoeless true?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 14, 2007, 04:16:08 PM

True that.  He and Petitgout should provide a lot of "nasty" on the left side, if the P-Man is all everyone says he is...I still want to see it...with my own eyes...

I've always agreed that AD has the stuff to make a solid OG, which is why I felt the Bucs would have been better served going in a different direction with the 2nd-rounder this year.

skip

Starter

#10 : June 14, 2007, 05:36:09 PM

No way Gradkowski is number two.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 14, 2007, 10:39:34 PM

From TBO.com: http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/depth-chart-of-the-future/

Depth Chart Of The Future?

Everyone is expected to attend,
Oh?  What about Mr. Plummer?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 15, 2007, 07:55:11 AM

Completely agree. Davis isn't a real left tackle, but I always thought he was an asset to the team and I was puzzled why the Bucs used two second round picks (on Trueblood and Sears) to ensure we never see Davis again.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Diehart fisherman

Starter

#13 : June 15, 2007, 09:34:24 AM

No way Gradkowski is number two.

Why not???     Why should Simms be #2???  Please tell me please!!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#14 : June 15, 2007, 09:46:38 AM

Completely agree. Davis isn't a real left tackle, but I always thought he was an asset to the team and I was puzzled why the Bucs used two second round picks (on Trueblood and Sears) to ensure we never see Davis again.

Bill Muir knows something ? <insert laughter here> ;)

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Bucs' Depth Chart At Thursday's OTA « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools