Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DD up and running. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« : June 15, 2007, 06:55:18 PM »

And a good one too, Hugh.

Thanks.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

« #1 : June 15, 2007, 07:05:44 PM »

Thanx for keeping the heat on him, Unc.

As for #6

How bout our other young talent on this team? These are supposed to be our building blocks for the future and I'm not feeling too encouraged.

T

Hall of Famer

« #2 : June 15, 2007, 07:55:22 PM »

Intresting read.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
« #3 : June 15, 2007, 08:05:38 PM »

Good one, Hugh.  I think the Panthers will be awful, but remember they have Carr.  I guarantee he'll be the starter by our second match up.  I'm not saying he'll be their savior or anything, but IMHO the sooner they get rid of Jakey-boy, the better for them.

NativeOfTheBay

Second String

« #4 : June 15, 2007, 08:17:16 PM »

ummm, yeah. PM is good too.

PewterReportHM

Starter
« #5 : June 15, 2007, 09:46:59 PM »

Thanks Uncle Stan.  I didn't want to let you down.

Hate, as for the other young talent, the time will tell.  You can't tell anything about the linemen draftees until the pads come on, but guys like Petigout, Carter and Chukwurah will make a difference if they are healthy.

The guys who will tell the tale this year in my mind are Caddy, Stovall, Clayton, Smith in that order............and I am presuming Joseph and Trueblood solidify the right side of the line.

HM

« #6 : June 15, 2007, 10:27:51 PM »

The guys who will tell the tale this year in my mind are Caddy, Stovall, Clayton, Smith in that order............and I am presuming Joseph and Trueblood solidify the right side of the line.

HM

Carnell and Clayton are the ones i was referring to. These guys should be the nucleus that this team is built around for the future and i'm just not feeling either one of them.  Hopefully, i'm wrong.

T

Hall of Famer

« #7 : June 15, 2007, 10:59:59 PM »

HM

Carnell and Clayton are the ones i was referring to. These guys should be the nucleus that this team is built around for the future and i'm just not feeling either one of them. Hopefully, i'm wrong.
I think Caddy will bounce back but Clayton will force the Bucs to draft a WR in either round 1 or 2 next year.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #8 : June 15, 2007, 11:14:24 PM »

Notes:
#5  The front-loaded schedule might be more worrisome than some are admitting.  While the schedule as a whole seems softer than last year, Gruden's history as a "front-runner" leads me to believe if we lose 3 or 4 of the first 5 games, the whole season might end up in the toilet
#6  I hope they give Zemaitis a shot at Safety before they give up on him.  I think Z at FS and Jackson at CB gives us a better chance to get both guys on the field by next year.
#7  Carolina's season (IMO) will be as successful as their success in executing the ZBS.  It suits Williams and Foster to a T and will make them very dangerous.  Hopefully it will take them a good chunk of the season for the OL to gel in the new scheme.

bouconagain

Pro Bowler
« #9 : June 15, 2007, 11:31:08 PM »

I think the Zemaitis concerns are overblown.  Dude was a rookie last year.  No one would have thought Ronde would have become Ronde based on his first three years.

This scheme makes so-so corners into good ones (for this scheme).  Zemaitis is built for the cover 2.  Relax, amigos.

PewterReportHM

Starter
« #10 : June 16, 2007, 08:13:06 AM »

Hate----agree with you that I feel better about Caddy (if he can catch the damned ball) than Clayton at this point.  Hearing that Stovall could push Clayton for a starting job is both good and bad news.  It's bizarre what happened to the kid.

bradentonian----agree with your 3 comments.  I do think Carolina's defense is weaker than it has been, however, and their offense is nothing to write home about.  ZBS or not, Foster has never shown he can carry the load, Williams is pretty small (maybe he turns into Warrick Dunn, but I need to see it), and Shelton can't stay on the field.  I just think the national media tends to overrate them since they went to that Super Bowl.

boucon----yeah, I've been harping on Zemaitis since last season.  I've heard it all about Ronde and the scheme.  But honestly, the guy played cover-2 at Penn State.  He couldn't see the field one time in 16 games?  We're playing 5th round and 7th round picks on the DL and we have no safeties, BK is gone for the year, Torrie Cox gets lit up like a Christmas tree when he plays nickel, and Zemaitis can't see the field for one snap?  One?  In a lost season where we are starting a 6th round rookie at QB?  I agree with you about not getting too, too worked up over things like this, but something just smells wrong here.  I get the P-Buc signing, but the Sammy Davis signing was a sign to me that this kid might not make the roster.

HM

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : June 16, 2007, 10:04:08 AM »

Hugh,

Agree with you about Z not making the roster. He's been around a whole year and so far apparently has shown nothing.

Would appear (on paper) we drafted better talent this year than what Z has shown to date.

He's on my list of players who were on the roster last year, who will not make it this year.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

bouconagain

Pro Bowler
« #12 : June 16, 2007, 10:14:38 AM »

I don't think Sammy Davis makes the roster.  There's nothing invested in him (either salary or draft pick), so no loss.

I think a report came out recently that Zemaitis was recovering from an injury all last year (I believe one of the fishwraps covered it).  ETA: here it is: http://www.sptimes.com/2007/05/30/Bucs/No_longer_shouldering.shtml

In any event, the Bucs have a good track record with drafting corners and plugging them into the system, even when it doesn't happen during the first several years.  I think Zemaitis has all the tools to succeed in this system.

LVBUC

Practice Squad

« #13 : June 16, 2007, 10:16:08 AM »

5. My only worry besides Garcia remaining upright is the way the schedule is set-up. For you pessimists out there, the first five games are the thing to wring your hands over. At Seattle, New Orleans, St. Louis, at Carolina, at Indianapolis. Even an optimist doesn’t have to squint too hard to see 1-4 being a distinct possibility if this team doesn’t jell in a hurry. With so many new faces, including a new defensive coaching staff under Monte Kiffin, the Bucs’ coaching staff will be put to a supreme test in training camp getting everyone on the same page.

I'm hoping for 2-3 or 3-2 with one of he wins against Carolina.

PewterReportHM

Starter
« #14 : June 16, 2007, 10:35:05 AM »

boucon----I obviously hope you are right, but Davis is looking good so far in OTAs.  Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out in training camp.

LVBUC----I think it all depends on how quickly the personnel and the coaches come together.  It is very possible to steal a win at Seattle, as our personnel and schemes will have been tweaked enough that they will not be certain what to prepare for......the Bucs won't be the same team they played week 17 last season.  I think if the Bucs are 3-2 after five games, there is good reason to be very excited about the season. 

HM
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DD up and running. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools