Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DD up and running. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 16, 2007, 11:04:00 AM

I don't think Sammy Davis makes the roster.  There's nothing invested in him (either salary or draft pick), so no loss.

I think a report came out recently that Zemaitis was recovering from an injury all last year (I believe one of the fishwraps covered it).  ETA: here it is: http://www.sptimes.com/2007/05/30/Bucs/No_longer_shouldering.shtml

In any event, the Bucs have a good track record with drafting corners and plugging them into the system, even when it doesn't happen during the first several years.  I think Zemaitis has all the tools to succeed in this system.

The problem for Zemaitis is numbers. With Barber, Kelly, Phillips and Smith starting is there enough room for Sabby, Tanard Jackson, Buchanon, Torrie Cox, Sammy Davis and even Kalvin Pearson plus Zemaitis? Who does he beat out, factoring in ST play, based on what we've read about his troubles?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

bouconagain

Pro Bowler

#16 : June 16, 2007, 04:14:08 PM

I don't think Sammy Davis makes the roster.  There's nothing invested in him (either salary or draft pick), so no loss.

I think a report came out recently that Zemaitis was recovering from an injury all last year (I believe one of the fishwraps covered it).  ETA: here it is: http://www.sptimes.com/2007/05/30/Bucs/No_longer_shouldering.shtml

In any event, the Bucs have a good track record with drafting corners and plugging them into the system, even when it doesn't happen during the first several years.  I think Zemaitis has all the tools to succeed in this system.

The problem for Zemaitis is numbers. With Barber, Kelly, Phillips and Smith starting is there enough room for Sabby, Tanard Jackson, Buchanon, Torrie Cox, Sammy Davis and even Kalvin Pearson plus Zemaitis? Who does he beat out, factoring in ST play, based on what we've read about his troubles?

Well, Sabby, Jackson, Pearson, Phillips, and Allen (I think that's who you meant by Smith) all play safety, so that doesn't affect Zemaitis.  Certainly he doesn't beat out Kelly or Barber for a starting role, and I think PBuc has the nickel signed sealed and delivered. 

But since Kelly and/or Barber are entering either their last year or last two years, you need their replacement, and I'm hoping that's PBuc and Z.

My only point is that I wouldn't freak out about his complete lack of activity last year or even the negative rumors floating around now - the Bucs do well in the draft with CBs, and there's no rush getting them on the field.  If Z was injured all of last year, that's probably why he didn't see the field even when the Bucs were down to Juran Should Be In Canada Bolden.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: DD up and running. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools