Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: prisco's top 50 players...not a buc in sight « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #15 : June 16, 2007, 02:25:44 PM »

How the hell is Ronde not top 25? He's the best corner not named Champ in this league. It's great that this guy has a bunch of rising players on there, but they havent reached Ronde or even BK yet. And Derrick Brooks anyone?

That list is **CENSORED**.

« #16 : June 16, 2007, 03:19:29 PM »

How the hell is Ronde not top 25? He's the best corner not named Champ in this league.

C'mon now!!!

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #17 : June 16, 2007, 03:34:26 PM »

How the hell is Ronde not top 25? He's the best corner not named Champ in this league.

C'mon now!!!

Whos better then?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

« #18 : June 16, 2007, 03:44:02 PM »

C'mon now!!!

Whos better then?

Asante Samuel

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #19 : June 16, 2007, 04:36:11 PM »

C'mon now!!!

Whos better then?

Asante Samuel

Your **CENSORED**ting me right?

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
« #20 : June 16, 2007, 04:52:47 PM »

C'mon now!!!

Whos better then?

Asante Samuel

Ronde- 3 INTs, 2 TDs, 13 passes def., 84 takles

Asante- 10 INTs, 0 TDs, 14 passes def., 59 takles

Well, I guess the only big edge Asante has is the picks...but that's a pretty damn big difference.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #21 : June 16, 2007, 05:44:36 PM »

Good CBs, that have a reputation as good, often don't have a lot of picks.  There are these guys called "scouts" and they say stuff to opposing QBs like " Don't throw near Barber". 

One of the things I don't like about fan voting for Pro Bowl, is they focus on stats and what they see on TV.  TV doesn't show the WR being covered like glue, just the throw to the other side of the field.  There is no stat for number of times a QB looked at a WR then looked elsewhere 'cause he was covered.

bklynbucs11

Starter

« #22 : June 16, 2007, 05:46:38 PM »

C'mon now!!!

Whos better then?

Asante Samuel

I understand you love Ronde. But Ronde is not the second best corner in the league. He's not the 3rd best or 4th best either. He may have numbers - but he is a zone corner. He's not asked to do what the top corner's do - he's not put on an island to defend the #1 receiver one-on-one of the other team for the entire game. There are quite a few corners better than Ronde:

Terrance Newman
DeAngelo Hall
Chris McCallister
Asante Samuels
Rashead Mathis

for starters. And please don't use the Pro-Bowl as a benchmark. THe best years our corners ever had in terms of individual performance was 2002 (for Kelly and Barber) the year where neither went to Hawaii

scope88

Starter

« #23 : June 16, 2007, 06:08:19 PM »

How is Westbrook not in the top50? and Julian Peterson... Richard Seymour #11, when did SI get so stupid?

dbtb135

Practice Squad

« #24 : June 16, 2007, 07:18:41 PM »

You're right, I believe that's probably the only player worthy of saying should be up there.  The only other corner he has up there that beats Ronde when it came to stats was Champ (who I'm sure we all agree deserves his ranking).  D-Hall?  Terrence Newman?  Ronde did much better than these guys last year.  That one's a head scratcher.  Asante Samuel fro NE also got robbed.

Hall gets on lists like these based on hype alone. Newman though, he's better than Barber.

Ericsbucs371

Hall of Famer

« #25 : June 16, 2007, 09:50:35 PM »

How is Derrick Brooks not on this list?
He is the unquestioned leader and cornerstone for the league’s best defense of the last decade.
One of the most respected player in the NFL. 10 straight ProBowls.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
« #26 : June 16, 2007, 09:54:04 PM »

How is Derrick Brooks not on this list?
He is the unquestioned leader and cornerstone for the league’s best defense of the last decade.
One of the most respected player in the NFL. 10 straight ProBowls.

Sorry bro, but remember this is based on last year.  There were many LBs that were better (and younger) than Brooks last year.  No knock on him, because you're right, he is the cornerstone for the best defense of the last decade...excluding last year, when they sucked a fat one...which means he was the cornerstone of THAT defense as well.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #27 : June 16, 2007, 10:20:32 PM »

There is no one in this organization that deserves to be in any top 50 list of any kind, players or coaches. Last season was a disaster.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

« #28 : June 17, 2007, 04:29:03 AM »

C'mon now!!!

Whos better then?

Asante Samuel

Ronde- 3 INTs, 2 TDs, 13 passes def., 84 takles

Asante- 10 INTs, 0 TDs, 14 passes def., 59 takles

Well, I guess the only big edge Asante has is the picks...but that's a pretty damn big difference.

So he had a 10 pick season? Ronde had one when he was up and coming, and teams realized they need to stay away from his side. That played a huge part in Brian Kelly's 10 INT season like a year or two later.

Samuel is not even in the same atmosphere as Ronde.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

« #29 : June 17, 2007, 06:45:06 AM »

I agree.   Ronde is better than Samuel.   Ronde is very likely the best overall corner in the league after Champ Bailey.   You have to consider Ronde's QB pressures as well.   The guy is phenomenal.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: prisco's top 50 players...not a buc in sight « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools