Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where's the golf? « previous next »
Page: 1

abucsfan

Starter

: June 17, 2007, 02:27:23 PM

Gees the coverage of the U S Open began an hour and a half ago and all NBC seems to be showing is their own footage.  Come on - show us some live action!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 18, 2007, 09:41:25 AM

It was a great final day with the Tourney up for grabs until the final group putted out on 18.  I heard the WDAE idiots bashing Cabrera has a joke and a fluke this morning, which shows what ignorant morons they are.

He has ten wins in the last 6 years, winning the the BMW Championship, which is the most prestigious event on the European Tour schedule outside of the majors and the World Golf Championships in 2005.  He was also recently of 9th in the Official World Golf Rankings, and he was ranked 17th going into the Open.   Angel Cabera was obviosuly a contender to win a major sooner or later.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#2 : June 19, 2007, 11:58:15 AM

Cabrera usually does well in the Masters, too. Wasn't surprised to see him win.

Ironphist

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 19, 2007, 03:30:12 PM

sorry to see the Duck win as i've had him in so many Master's pools expecting that big hittin' 'tinian to bring it home...  can't say that i'm surprised though, always said this guy was a few made putts away from being a high end player.  remains to be seen if he can do it consistently, but he was spot on Sunday when it counted...

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#4 : June 19, 2007, 11:54:10 PM

Tiger is the greatest golfer in the history of the sport - anyone that counts him out doesn't know golf. Give him a decade, provided he stays healthy, and he'll have surpassed Jack Nicklaus's major record.

Congrats to Tiger - his wife delivered a baby girl yesterday.

#5 : June 19, 2007, 05:43:50 PM

Great finish to a great tournament!!  ;D

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 19, 2007, 06:37:31 PM

Great finish to a great tournament!! ;D

Yep......a Tiger 25 foot birdie would have been sweet on the last, but then again US Open Monday play-offs SUCK.

#7 : June 19, 2007, 06:40:27 PM

I would've loved to seen Tiger win, but I never counted him out while others around me did.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Where's the golf? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools