Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Saints Game, Change of Topic! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
: November 01, 2006, 04:16:13 PM

So to get away from the Gruden and Grads posts, what do we need to do different this time around to beat the Saints?  Keep in mind that they no doubt learned a few things about us and will be better as well.

I really hope Reggie Bush plays.  I know that sounds weird, but this guy isn't all he's cracked up to be, and I'd much rather him split carries with Deuce than have Deuce pounding us all day.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#1 : November 01, 2006, 04:50:58 PM

here were my keys to the game on another board....

1. Get Caddy moving early
2. Stick to the Run
3. Shut Down Deuce and Co.
4. Put pressure on Brees
5. Get some Turnovers
6. WIN THE FIELD POSITION BATTLE
7. Play a full 60 minutes of football

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 01, 2006, 04:55:10 PM

here were my keys to the game on another board....

1. Get Caddy moving early
2. Stick to the Run
3. Shut Down Deuce and Co.
4. Put pressure on Brees
5. Get some Turnovers
6. WIN THE FIELD POSITION BATTLE
7. Play a full 60 minutes of football

agreed

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#3 : November 01, 2006, 05:03:20 PM

Agree for sure about Bush. Bush doesn't scare me. I'd be a lot more worried if they convert Reggie's 11 dump off passes last time into 11 Deuce carries this time. I suspect that will be their biggest finding and change they make. The good news for us is that we looked pretty darn good shutting down Tiki this weekend so maybe the run defense is finally coming around. We can mathcup on their pass game as long as they don't get into a groove pounding the heck of us on the ground.

We need to be able to duplicate the success we had running last time and let Grads pick his shot on passing rather than just going nuts winging it about. I think we got a bit of the surprise factor with Grads and two weeks of preparation so I'm betting the Saints will be a lot more ready for what he does this time so I'm not sure he'll duplicate his success.

I'm kind of afraid of the Grads thing as well.  He had two weeks to prepare and no one had film of him then.  There isn't much film now, but Grads has been rattled and it's there for everyone to see.  Let's hope Grads learns faster than the Saints!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 01, 2006, 05:16:32 PM

Lots of misdirection and a heavy dose of Carnell on offense and on defense just improve the tackling.  Deuce is hard to bring down no doubt but he is no Brandon Jacobs.  I was glad to see the Bucs defense gang tackling and swarming even though Jacobs is a freak and dragged Hovan a couple of yards.  :D ;)

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#5 : November 01, 2006, 05:18:01 PM

Who's this Caddy Carnell guy? 

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 01, 2006, 06:01:50 PM

we have palyed better D as of late just need to pound the rock and shut duce down.  Its the O that realy needs to come up big, the passing game needs to get going

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#7 : November 01, 2006, 06:07:54 PM

Anybody get the feeling we dodged a bullet with Colston last time?  This is the type of big receiver that can kill us.  Boldon should fair okay against him as Colston is not the fastest guy, but I'm afraid he may catch a short one and then muscle Boldon off of him and take it for a big gain.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#8 : November 01, 2006, 06:17:24 PM

yeah bolden gives me a heart attack each week

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#9 : November 01, 2006, 08:32:41 PM

I agree, Bolden always worries me out there.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 01, 2006, 09:14:46 PM

To be quite honest Barber has given up the bigger gains through the air then Bolden this year.  Barber has made a lot of plays but he has also given up a lot of plays downfield.  We know that Bolden is not good at covering beyond 20 yards and yet Barber at this point is worse than him.

But within the first 20 yards as a reserve and now a starter Bolden is doing a good enough job in my opinion.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#11 : November 01, 2006, 09:19:20 PM

good point all da way

original

Pro Bowler

#12 : November 02, 2006, 09:37:58 AM

All we have to do to win is the same as we did last time with one exception, don't let Bush Return the punt for the TD.  All joking aside, we need solid efforts from all three phases of our game, and it would be nice if sonic would break one to the house on our 1st kick off reception.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : November 02, 2006, 09:41:54 AM

Agree for sure about Bush. Bush doesn't scare me. I'd be a lot more worried if they convert Reggie's 11 dump off passes last time into 11 Deuce carries this time. I suspect that will be their biggest finding and change they make. The good news for us is that we looked pretty darn good shutting down Tiki this weekend so maybe the run defense is finally coming around. We can mathcup on their pass game as long as they don't get into a groove pounding the heck of us on the ground.

We need to be able to duplicate the success we had running last time and let Grads pick his shot on passing rather than just going nuts winging it about. I think we got a bit of the surprise factor with Grads and two weeks of preparation so I'm betting the Saints will be a lot more ready for what he does this time so I'm not sure he'll duplicate his success.

I said that at the beginning of the season and most thought I was crazy.  But again, I said that thinking we could tackle...We should have won that game the first time.  I like our chances in our division.  For some reason, knowing we've beaten these guys before, not this season but in the past, give me a lot more solace...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#14 : November 02, 2006, 09:46:56 AM

I think a wildcard will come out of the NFC South this year, but I have no illusions that it will be the Bucs. This division is going to be interesting to watch heading toward the finish line. If Carolina can catch New Orleans and Atlanta; which I think they can, I still think they might take the division. I think the Saints can overtake the Falcons for a wildcard position. If the Panthers can't catch up to the Saints, I think the Falcons will regress past Carolina. New Orleans would take the division, and Carolina would have the wildcard. It should be interesting.

:

Hide Tools Show Tools