Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Garcia Gets Fiesty « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
: June 20, 2007, 08:23:28 AM

For those still against Garcia, do yourselves a favor and read the mini-camp articles and get educated.  Clearly he is kicking everyone's a$$ so why shouldn't he feel **CENSORED**y?  Seems to me if he wasn't here this team might as-well have packed it in for another season before it even started.  Sounds to me, even at his age he's already proving to the team and the players he's the best QB on this team - and I like the swagger - this team really hasn't had that in a long time.

LtFox

Starter

#1 : June 20, 2007, 07:19:49 AM

Sense of humor has nothing to do with it, he wasn't trying to be funny. I wasn't gonna say anything until I read the post about him being a leader. This isn't something a leader would say, this is something an arrogant 17 year old high school quarterback would say.

This is the same guy who hasn't shown his face all offseason and has retired. Why should Garcia expect to not be the starter? Likely, Plummer would be on the bench. What do you what Garcia's reaction to be? "Yeah, I'd love to have him here starting. I'd be ecstatic if he could come in and be the starter. That's what this team needs, as surely I'm not that guy. I might even give him my locker too, depending on how much it meant to him." Gruden recently commented to the media that he had confidence in Jeff, and now Jeff shows he has confidence in himself. Nothing he said was a shot at Plummer, or a deterrent for Jake to come here and TAKE Garcia's job. So yeah, what a jerk......

How about acting like a professional. Would Brad Johnson, Mike Alstott, Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, John Lynch ever say anything like this? No, they are true leaders.

Someone needs to knock Garcia off his pedestal and remind him he didnt win the starting job, he was handed it.

Yeah...he was handed it by the coach that evaluates him everyday. Do you really think you are better at evaluating quarterback talent better then Gruden? Get real. Sometimes it is just plain obvious when one player "gets it" and one doesn't. You don't need a full blown training camp to see that.

JC510

Practice Squad

#2 : June 20, 2007, 06:49:31 AM

How about acting like a professional. Would Brad Johnson, Mike Alstott, Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, John Lynch ever say anything like this? No, they are true leaders.

Someone needs to knock Garcia off his pedestal and remind him he didnt win the starting job, he was handed it.

It's so unprofessional to point out Plummer wouldn't immediately be the starter? This has nothing to do with the guys you mentioned. What was so unprofessional about what JEFF said?

Refering to Simms, Gradkowski and McCown as "bench sitting others".

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#3 : June 20, 2007, 06:34:36 AM

Sense of humor has nothing to do with it, he wasn't trying to be funny. I wasn't gonna say anything until I read the post about him being a leader. This isn't something a leader would say, this is something an arrogant 17 year old high school quarterback would say.

This is the same guy who hasn't shown his face all offseason and has retired. Why should Garcia expect to not be the starter? Likely, Plummer would be on the bench. What do you what Garcia's reaction to be? "Yeah, I'd love to have him here starting. I'd be ecstatic if he could come in and be the starter. That's what this team needs, as surely I'm not that guy. I might even give him my locker too, depending on how much it meant to him." Gruden recently commented to the media that he had confidence in Jeff, and now Jeff shows he has confidence in himself. Nothing he said was a shot at Plummer, or a deterrent for Jake to come here and TAKE Garcia's job. So yeah, what a jerk......

Yeah none of those guys have ever shown a bit of **CENSORED**iness.  EVER.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#4 : June 20, 2007, 04:56:19 AM

It's so unprofessional to point out Plummer wouldn't immediately be the starter? This has nothing to do with the guys you mentioned. What was so unprofessional about what JEFF said?

And Garcia has done what he had to do to WIN the starting job, perform better than the guys here. While Jake the Snake was at home. Quite the opposite, this statement says Plummer will be handed nothing.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 20, 2007, 04:40:36 AM

Does any of this really matter?   Leadership is all about respect.   This little flippant comment is miniscule in the scheme of things.  This is Garcia's girlfriend.   If that doesn't command respect, I don't know what does.

JC510

Practice Squad

#6 : June 20, 2007, 04:36:00 AM

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 20, 2007, 01:32:46 AM

Now get back to work!

That is all.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#8 : June 20, 2007, 01:30:09 AM

Good.  He knows he's the best fit for the system and that he is the starter for this team.  I like the confidence, and hopefully that can translate to the field.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 20, 2007, 12:45:32 AM

Agreed Boid, and it seems like he understands that.

And for the record corpse, no one handed him this, it's something he earned, with the 9ers, even the bad years with the Lions and Browns and especially last year with the Eagles. He proved what he could do if you give him something to work with. He is saying he wants this and he's staking his claim to it.

Glad, good to see it. Now get back to work!

Incomparable sig by Incognito

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 20, 2007, 12:36:37 AM

Wow.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 20, 2007, 12:37:52 AM

Garcia better grow some nuts.  Because at his age, with thte offense around him, he has a lot, and I do mean a LOT of work ahead of him...

He can have all the 'tude in the universe.  But he better have tools to drill with.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 20, 2007, 12:35:22 AM

Love the confidence and the **CENSORED**iness...as others have said...it's required from the leader.

As for the TO thing - who knows or cares why he held his tongue. Maybe he's learned from not speaking up.

A sophist would try and make you think that Chris was the man - they tended to be the ambulance chasers of philosophy.

Corpse your pessimism, as your screen name also indicates, speaks volumes about your views on life and the pursuit of happiness. Some people enjoy being negative and stirring up others with incessant yammering about how bad the offense, coach and QB will be...hope springs eternal and it's been a better off-season than we've had around here in a long time...yet you keep trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

It makes me wonder....

Incomparable sig by Incognito

goto11

Starter
#13 : June 19, 2007, 01:48:53 PM

When asked if he would mind if Jake Plummer eventually showed up...

"That's fine. If he wants to come, he can come and sit on the bench with the others,'' Garcia said.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2007/06/rice_sears_held.html

Nice.

#14 : June 19, 2007, 01:50:58 PM

Hell yea!!! I can't get the link to work but if he said that, I like!!!

This offense hasn't had any attitude since Key.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Garcia Gets Fiesty « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools