Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Garcia Gets Fiesty « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 19, 2007, 01:55:02 PM

I like it!  Thats what we need in a starter!

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#16 : June 19, 2007, 02:05:11 PM

Thats funny, it doesn't sound like Garcia who seems respectful and even when T.O was calling him a fruit he never said anything so snappy. If Plummer shows up for TC and they compete I would bet my car that Plummer won't beat out Garcia, Simms or Grad's, he doesn't know the system and he is not that good of a QB.

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#17 : June 20, 2007, 12:05:33 AM

Sense of humor has nothing to do with it, he wasn't trying to be funny. I wasn't gonna say anything until I read the post about him being a leader. This isn't something a leader would say, this is something an arrogant 17 year old high school quarterback would say.

This is the same guy who hasn't shown his face all offseason and has retired. Why should Garcia expect to not be the starter? Likely, Plummer would be on the bench. What do you what Garcia's reaction to be? "Yeah, I'd love to have him here starting. I'd be ecstatic if he could come in and be the starter. That's what this team needs, as surely I'm not that guy. I might even give him my locker too, depending on how much it meant to him." Gruden recently commented to the media that he had confidence in Jeff, and now Jeff shows he has confidence in himself. Nothing he said was a shot at Plummer, or a deterrent for Jake to come here and TAKE Garcia's job. So yeah, what a jerk......

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 19, 2007, 03:03:00 PM

THAT'S how a leader on offense should talk....

JC510

Practice Squad

#19 : June 19, 2007, 03:08:23 PM

That's not being a leader. That's sounding like a jerk.

gone

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 19, 2007, 03:17:03 PM

There's nothing jerkish about it.  Try growing a sense of humor. 

Still doesn't sound like him though....

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#21 : June 20, 2007, 12:05:22 AM

He can be as **CENSORED**y as he wants.. but he is what he is, a journeyman QB. I wonder why he was so readily available for us to sign? Because no one else wanted him.

JC510

Practice Squad

#22 : June 19, 2007, 03:33:21 PM

Sense of humor has nothing to do with it, he wasn't trying to be funny. I wasn't gonna say anything until I read the post about him being a leader. This isn't something a leader would say, this is something an arrogant 17 year old high school quarterback would say.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#23 : June 19, 2007, 03:43:38 PM

I find it strange because he sat there and took all that crap from T.O., then snaps at Plummer. Then again when a coach makes you a starter ahead of the guy who won the start last season, and the season before, prior to you taking a snap in TC  it tends to go to your head.
Gruden can't be too happy with that, since he is still trying to get Plummer here (for some ego motivated reason) and Garcia is talking trash. With Grudens history I wouldn't doubt he would prefer Plummer to Garcia, its not like he can have a 4 or 5 year run with a 37 year old QB.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#24 : June 19, 2007, 04:10:03 PM

Facts again.  Keep getting in the way.  Simms took over as starter in  2005 due to Griese's injury after he was beat out by Griese much to your chagrine (sic).  He led the team to a barely .500 record (6-5) after taking over a 5-1 team.  Last year he "earned" the starting job over a 6th round rookie, a career back up (traded for a 6th round pick), a limp arm vet, and another injured QB.  He promptly jumped out to a 0-3 start and I believe 1 TD to 7 picks (could be slightly off).  So Garcia being named the "starter" is far from a stretch.  Unless you expected Grads or McCown to be named the starters. I'm sure Gruden would love PLummer to come in and have some legitimate competition between competent QBs.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#25 : June 19, 2007, 04:17:33 PM

LMAO, well what do you know, he does have a pair.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 19, 2007, 04:26:08 PM

Yeah, maybe if the wonder boy showed some of that chutzpah Gruden wouldn't have to keep looking for a QB to run this team.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 19, 2007, 04:40:25 PM

I like it a lot.  Only I don't take it as snapping at Plummer as much as the stupid reporter who asked the question.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 19, 2007, 05:07:08 PM

Got no problem with that AT ALL! Oh no, confidence, imagine what would happen if that spreads to the rest of the team?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#29 : June 19, 2007, 11:19:39 PM

Well, BT, you and Chris likely will be the ONLY ones wearing them! Saw that on PTI and, wow, that looked bad and uncomfortable.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Garcia Gets Fiesty « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools