Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Garcia Gets Fiesty « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 19, 2007, 05:47:32 PM

I find it strange because he sat there and took all that crap from T.O., then snaps at Plummer. Then again when a coach makes you a starter ahead of the guy who won the start last season, and the season before, prior to you taking a snap in TC it tends to go to your head.

Your posts are hilarious, really, really entertaining. 98% of them are full of a hot steam of something and says one of two things about you as person a) you're an idiot or b) you're joking in all of your posts. Take a guess what my pick would be....

#31 : June 19, 2007, 05:50:03 PM

Yeah, maybe if the wonder boy showed some of that chutzpah Gruden wouldn't have to keep looking for a QB to run this team.

I agree completely. While i'd love for Chris to date my sister, he doesn't excite me as my qb.  The guy has no grit.... no fire, IMO. And with him not having the sack to test free agency, I question his faith in his own abilities.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#32 : June 19, 2007, 06:35:12 PM

Of course Garcia is going to say that.. he knows there is no chance he isn't the starter short of injury.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 19, 2007, 07:25:15 PM

Yeah, maybe if the wonder boy showed some of that chutzpah Gruden wouldn't have to keep looking for a QB to run this team.

I agree completely. While i'd love for Chris to date my sister, he doesn't excite me as my qb.  The guy has no grit.... no fire, IMO. And with him not having the sack to test free agency, I question his faith in his own abilities.

Bleeding internally, in pain, yet refusing to exit a game against Julius Peppers and Co. showed me all the grit I needed to see. And perhaps comfort in knowing the playbook, loyalty to the team who drafted him and knowing that coming off a major injury would hamper his value had a lot more to do with him choosing to stay than him questioning his own ability.

He was bad last year, granted, but he didn't have much help around him. Some of the statements I read about Simms in here really have me confounded..

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 19, 2007, 07:27:44 PM

He was bad last year, granted, but he didn't have much help around him. Some of the statements I read about Simms in here really have me confounded..

A sophist would argue Simms deserves the criticism. 8)

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 19, 2007, 07:35:10 PM

For his play, sure that's logical and deserved, but the statements challenging his courage is what I can't understand. There's absolutely no basis for that.

#36 : June 19, 2007, 07:59:02 PM

For his play, sure that's logical and deserved, but the statements challenging his courage is what I can't understand. There's absolutely no basis for that.

Not true:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/heart

Get with the program man!

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#37 : June 19, 2007, 08:18:58 PM

**CENSORED**y and confident, I already like it

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

#38 : June 19, 2007, 08:32:50 PM

Bleeding internally, in pain, yet refusing to exit a game against Julius Peppers and Co. showed me all the grit I needed to see. And perhaps comfort in knowing the playbook, loyalty to the team who drafted him and knowing that coming off a major injury would hamper his value had a lot more to do with him choosing to stay than him questioning his own ability.

With respect to his injury, he didn't know he was bleeding internally.... he thought he was dehydrated. Its not like he chose to stay on the field while leaking blood internally.

Granted i'm not in the huddle but players feed off the qb and i just don't see anything from him that would inspire fellow players to greatness. And any good player has a bit of **CENSORED**iness to them. I love it in Garcia.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 19, 2007, 08:46:50 PM

LOVE IT! Translated ... bring them all on, I'll beat out anyone you bring in....even at the age of 37 - and BTW, MY WIFE IS HOT but boy do I love Chris Cooley's new shorts!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 19, 2007, 08:52:11 PM

Got no problem with that AT ALL! Oh no, confidence, imagine what would happen if that spreads to the rest of the team?

exaaaaaaaaaactly.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#41 : June 19, 2007, 08:54:21 PM

When asked if he would mind if Jake Plummer eventually showed up...

"That's fine. If he wants to come, he can come and sit on the bench with the others,'' Garcia said.

Confidence and sarcasm, two great qualities.   ;)

goto11

Starter
#42 : June 20, 2007, 09:11:50 AM

There is a distinct line that is crossed between being confident of one's own talents and denigrating others in the process.  If he had said something like, "Let him come, I welcome all competition and think I can hold my own against anyone in the league," it would have been a non-issue because he would have just been talking about himself.  "He can sit on the bench with the others" is not saying he is good, it is saying the other quarterbacks are bad.

I often get frustrated with the canned, cliched, BS responses a lot of players give the media when responding to potentially touchy questions.  But sometimes that's the answer that's called for.  Part of being a leader, especially on a football team, is promoting team chemistry and making sure the locker room has as much camaraderie as possible.  I'm guessing Garcia alienated himself somewhat from the other quarterbacks with his statement.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : June 20, 2007, 09:18:01 AM

There is a distinct line that is crossed between being confident of one's own talents and denigrating others in the process.  If he had said something like, "Let him come, I welcome all competition and think I can hold my own against anyone in the league," it would have been a non-issue because he would have just been talking about himself.  "He can sit on the bench with the others" is not saying he is good, it is saying the other quarterbacks are bad.

I'm less concerned with that than the fact that I'm worried that they are all gonna go sit on the bench next to Kelly Holcomb and Joey Harrington who booted Jeff out of his starting gig the last time he got a shot. I home he can put those bums on the bench.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 20, 2007, 10:00:10 AM

It's simply people who don't like Gruden/have a love affair with Chris Simms finding something to pick at. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Garcia Gets Fiesty « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools