Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Garcia Gets Fiesty « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#75 : June 20, 2007, 03:45:23 PM

The breakdown on o-line continued AFTER Simms went down. I knew what MJS was aluding to...why didn't you?

As to your point - trying to rebuild an o-line in the NFL is very difficult. Especially when you've been hung with a no talent LOT (Walker) and retreads and introduced to cap hell.

I have not been impressed with the o-line coach that the Glazers hired, prior to Gruden, either. He has been retained and has some history - I have seen a concerted effort to restucture the o-line this year and I expect to see better performance during TC and pre-season - or he should definitely be sent out to pasture with his buddy Parcells. Better coaching of better talent should result in better performance - we should be able to tell that pretty quickly...however - better QB talent will also make the line a little better too....

I knew what mjs was alluding to, but the fact remains that they sucked as bad the first 3 games as much as they did the entire year, unless you think Joseph coming back made us worse. But results speak louder than "grades", which are nothing more than subjective opinions.

Someone else was implying Simms’s level of play was poor because of the O-line, yet Grads benefited from improved O-line play.   The O-line was weak all season but if anything they were marginally better in the first few games.  Grads was a rookie than played like a rookie and regressed, Simms just plain old stank and he has no excuses.

BTW - I expect Red to give me a hard time, that is what old bastards do.   ;D (private joke   ;)

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#76 : June 20, 2007, 03:56:40 PM

I understand, just didn't want to see MJS pilloried for the point about the o-line deteriorating after Simms went down.

Buenning = Maybe adding Kromer as Muir's assistant is paying off? Is Kromer helping or is Muir better than demonstrated? I think the answer will be proved out this year.

You're right o-line grades are made by the coaches....W/L is a better grade all the way around!

mjs and I go back a long way to another board, he can handle anything I dish out. His passive-agressive, anti-Simms rhetoric has been something I've needled him about for a long time, but he knows where I coming from..  :)

Kromer does seem to have some promise, and it helps that he worked with Gruden before in Oakland. So hopefully, with the higher grade talent on the OL, we see some serious improvement.

The only thing that concerns me is that I have never been able to figure out exactly what OL philosophy Muir brought with him and whether he's teaching that less than effective philosophy to Kromer..

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#77 : June 20, 2007, 04:16:57 PM

Interesting Red - what board was that ? Not TBBB?

The cynical side of me says Muir has been not been doing ANYTHING since Kromer arrived!

What I don't understand is why he hung around after his boy Parcells turned downt he Buc gig...and AFTER Gruden brought in Kromer?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#78 : June 20, 2007, 04:19:40 PM

Interesting Red - what board was that ? Not TBBB?

ESPN.....we have been getting old(er) together.......brrrrrrrrrr is it cold in here.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#79 : June 20, 2007, 04:29:47 PM

What I don't understand is why he hung around after his boy Parcells turned downt he Buc gig...and AFTER Gruden brought in Kromer?

Yea, the ESPN troll zone..

I do believe Muir got a promotion of some sort to stay around. Talk about something to not understand...  :(  ???  >:(

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#80 : June 20, 2007, 04:47:36 PM

Troll Zone ? I reserved the trollville moncker for the TBBB...ugly place...I remember seeing MJS over there...were you there too?

Yeah, but I think Muir was given the "assistant head-coach" title to keep him when others were fishing for o-line help and giving them OC titles...that one sure looks like it bit us. I wonder if Gruden CAN fire him once marked as an assistant HC - does that mean only the GM or Owner can fire him?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#81 : June 20, 2007, 04:54:37 PM

I have promoted folks to get rid of them, but in the NFL that isn't possible.  No idea how Muir keeps his position.  Conundrum - got to use that word twice today.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#82 : June 20, 2007, 05:51:20 PM

Refering to Simms, Gradkowski and McCown as "bench sitting others".

Thats it?! I'd hope a guy who's had the coach put faith in him that early isn't going to imply that those guys are going to do anything other than sit on the bench, barring injury. Gruden came right out and said Garcia was the guy so far, and the others had a lot of work to do for him to say otherwise. Garcia says the same thing and he gets cut down for it. [banghead]

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#83 : June 20, 2007, 06:44:29 PM

Troll Zone ? I reserved the trollville moncker for the TBBB...ugly place...I remember seeing MJS over there...were you there too?

Me on TBBB  ???  I have an account there but mainly to stop a troll called Randy ripping my ID off.  I hardly ever go near TBBB, and never have done.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#84 : June 20, 2007, 06:49:57 PM

Could have been mistaken, that would require me going back there to confirm, and that's not gonna happen!

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jeff Garcia Gets Fiesty « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools