Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: anyone attending food drive tomorrow at RayJay? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

T

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 03, 2006, 09:58:52 AM

ICIT- I saw you there on my way in. You were folding your Derrick Brooks jersey at the entrance as I was coming in. Did Brooks seem a little pissy or was it just me?

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#31 : November 03, 2006, 09:59:36 AM

yeah he was pissy, i call it standoffish.  But he signed it, and its getting framed ;D thats all that matters.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#32 : November 03, 2006, 10:39:21 AM

ICIT- I saw you there on my way in. You were folding your Derrick Brooks jersey at the entrance as I was coming in. Did Brooks seem a little pissy or was it just me?
why didnt you say hey?  And what made you think it was me?  Pretty astute!

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

T

Hall of Famer

#33 : November 03, 2006, 11:57:39 AM

I'm not trying to shatter anyone's perspective of Derrick, he just didn't come across very fan friendly maybe he hasn't gotten laid in awhile and is cranky. I only meet him that one time and he wasn't very friendly. I'm not gonna say I'm gonna burn all my Brooks stuff, I was just disappointed. Hell he's only human we all have bad days, maybe he just had a bad day or something, plus his team is 2-5, his play has slipped ALOT & his alma mater sucks this year also.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 03, 2006, 10:55:51 AM

Brooks doesn't normally sign autographs unless it's at a fundraiser, and I have been told he seems not to be happy about it when he's there. He doesn't sign on his way into the stadium before the games either.

Alstott and Pittman always sign. Before the Cincy game I got Alstott to sign my authentic old school helmet. Brooks wouldn't sign it for me. On my authentic Pewter helmet, Quarels, Ruud, D. White, Pittman, Clayton, Cadillac and A. Smith all signed no problem.

Ronde wouldn't sign either, but I got him to laugh. When he got out of his car he slammed the hell out of Galloway's Mercedes with his car door. He probably thought nobody noticed. When he shook his head no when I asked him to sign my helmet, I said, "Come on Ronde, if you sign my helmet I won't tell Joey you put a dent in his car." He snapped his head aropund and with a big smile on his face started laughing that guitly laugh people get when they get caught doing something they didn't know anybody was watching.

Chucky tell them about the kid in the wheel chair and Brooks!!!

If you're not going to tell us then I'll start a rumor.

I heard Brooks pushed over a kid in a wheelchair because he asked for an autograph. Is that true??

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 03, 2006, 11:00:12 AM

LMAO

Nah, it wasnt that bad, I guess I was just taken back by the situation

There was a little boy in front of us, not sure what kind of illness he had.  They were ahead of us in line outside for about 40 minutes, he was a real sweet kid.  Talking to people, getting really excited, it was pretty cool to see him so enthusiastic.

So they are talking to DB and the dad asked if he could take a picture of the 2 of them.... Derrick semi rolled his eyes and said "well how many cans of food did you bring?"

You could tell he was very reluctant to do so.  Like I said, it wasnt anything horrible, I just didnt think that was cool.

#36 : November 03, 2006, 11:09:58 AM

God you guys are lucky to be meeting players.

T

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 03, 2006, 11:46:18 AM

LMAO

Nah, it wasnt that bad, I guess I was just taken back by the situation

There was a little boy in front of us, not sure what kind of illness he had. They were ahead of us in line outside for about 40 minutes, he was a real sweet kid. Talking to people, getting really excited, it was pretty cool to see him so enthusiastic.

So they are talking to DB and the dad asked if he could take a picture of the 2 of them.... Derrick semi rolled his eyes and said "well how many cans of food did you bring?"

You could tell he was very reluctant to do so. Like I said, it wasnt anything horrible, I just didnt think that was cool.

I got the same response, I was excited to meet DB shook his hand and told him I've been a fan of his for a long time. He looked at me like I just punched his kid. I told him I just wanted a picture and he reluctantly said yeah. I told him good luck Sunday and he mumbled Thanks. Dewayne White on the other hand was happy to to talk about his play and Louisville football, and said he remembered seeing me at Buffalo Wild Wings last Friday. I told him good luck this Sunday and the Bucs would be smart to resign him. I was very disappointed in Derrick Brooks, being so confrontational when people were donating food to the poor.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#38 : November 03, 2006, 11:52:16 AM

You guys do realize you're shattering the lives of some of the fans on this board that fantasize that Brooks is the greatest person on this planet. Players come and go. Brooks has been the second greatest Buccaneer player ever. As a fan I thank him for that. As a fan I'd also like to see someone younger take his place. Someone that can do a better job than he is doing right now. No one will ever replace the Derrick Brooks we all saw in his prime. But the tide has gone out.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 03, 2006, 12:06:31 PM

You guys do realize you're shattering the lives of some of the fans on this board that fantasize that Brooks is the greatest person on this planet. Players come and go. Brooks has been the second greatest Buccaneer player ever. As a fan I thank him for that. As a fan I'd also like to see someone younger take his place. Someone that can do a better job than he is doing right now. No one will ever replace the Derrick Brooks we all saw in his prime. But the tide has gone out.

it's not about shattering lives it's about being disappointed in his actions. I love what Derrick has brought the franchise as a player but don't think it's right for him to act that way. Sure, he could've been having a bad day, whatever, it's still pretty lame to act that way toward people at an event you're at for the good of the community. Funny Nece and White were cool about it, why be all pissed off??

Groovatron

Pro Bowler

#40 : November 03, 2006, 12:08:32 PM

Maybe he's been reading some of the stuff written about him on these boards...

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#41 : November 03, 2006, 12:09:38 PM

I'm not trying to shatter anyone's perspective of Derrick, he just didn't come across very fan friendly maybe he hasn't gotten laid in awhile and is cranky. I only meet him that one time and he wasn't very friendly. I'm not gonna say I'm gonna burn all my Brooks stuff, I was just disappointed. Hell he's only human we all have bad days, maybe he just had a bad day or something, plus his team is 2-5, his play has slipped ALOT & his alma mater sucks this year also.
It's not just one day. I'm sure it gets tiresome and aggravating for stars sometimes with fans harassing them all the time....but at an event like this, where that is the focus of what is happening. At least pretend that you appreciate the fans.

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#42 : November 03, 2006, 12:11:30 PM

I've met Brooks on a couple of occasions, and my kids were with me both times. I won't say what makes me think this way of the man, but I think Brooks is very opinionated on the section of fans he relates to, and I won't say anything more about it. You are welcome to figure out my statement, but I don't think it's appropriate to say here.

T

Hall of Famer

#43 : November 03, 2006, 12:16:17 PM

I've met Brooks on a couple of occasions, and my kids were with me both times. I won't say what makes me think this way of the man, but I think Brooks is very opinionated on the section of fans he relates to, and I won't say anything more about it. You are welcome to figure out my statement, but I don't think it's appropriate to say here.

I have no idea what your talking about, your so vague do write for the TV show LOST?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 03, 2006, 12:29:02 PM

I have no idea what your talking about, your so vague do write for the TV show LOST?
He only likes Asian fans

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: anyone attending food drive tomorrow at RayJay? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools