Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Free Agents - Yahoo's Robinson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#15 : November 01, 2006, 11:33:45 PM

Where was Gibril Wilson? IMO he is worthy of being on that list especially with CHRIS BROWN on there. He'd be pretty nice in a Buc uni.

Gibril Wilson is a restricted free agent, and with both Strahan and Barber leaving, you can bet that there is no way they will part with him.

As far as Gonzalez, if he has reached the incentives to void his contract then he is just as much a free agent as anyone on any "list" you have seen. PFT may be many things, but they've been reliable on topics like this and they seem confident that he won't be a Chief next year. 

rocketspeed

Practice Squad

#16 : November 02, 2006, 12:46:56 AM

ah Asante in a Buc uniform? one can only dream.

#17 : November 02, 2006, 09:14:05 AM

ah Asante in a Buc uniform? one can only dream.

He's the guy that stuck out at me the most.  Just the most ideal, not necessarily filling our biggest need.  He says the Pats won't let him go...uh...has he been paying attention to the way the Pats do business?

I'd like Briggs or June as well, but I'd love to see some Winborn first...

T

Hall of Famer

#18 : November 02, 2006, 09:30:26 AM

Bucs could rebuild the defense pretty quickly with Freeney,Nate Clements & Adlius Thomas. Then maybe Monte could put in a more aggressive defensive scheme.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#19 : November 02, 2006, 11:41:34 AM

I like one of the OLBs Cato, Briggs or Thomas. 

I think the Bucs would take pleasure in stealing a key defensive player from the Colts.   But the whole league would not mind stealing a key defensive player from Chicago or Baltimore. 

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 02, 2006, 11:04:59 AM

I guess he doesn't read PFT, because Tony Gonzalez should be at the top of that list.

He is one guy that I would definitely like to see a Buc. That three tight end set that Gruden has been running so much, could be something else with him. Hopefully we can see Gruden and Alex Smith get together through the rest of the season and find a way to start working the middle of the field with Gradkowski. Personally I think part of the problem there is that because of Gradkowski's height, Smith needs to get a little further down field for Grads to see him over the line and get a throwing lane, and the protection hasn't been there for that to happen. Either way Gonzalez could open up a ton for all of the other skill position players on this team, including Smith. If I could pick two big name free agents for the Bucs it would be him and Briggs.

That is our problem, 3 TE sets. I think Smith's height is fine, its in line with almost all TE's, its our short QB that we have at the moment. Adalius Thomas would/could play DE here and would get off, June, Briggs, Hamlin....All good picks. We def do not need a 30 something year old FA (31 years old) just because its Tony Gonzalez and he tears up fantasy football.

Baghead #2

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#21 : November 02, 2006, 11:08:17 AM

I guess he doesn't read PFT, because Tony Gonzalez should be at the top of that list.

He is one guy that I would definitely like to see a Buc. That three tight end set that Gruden has been running so much, could be something else with him. Hopefully we can see Gruden and Alex Smith get together through the rest of the season and find a way to start working the middle of the field with Gradkowski. Personally I think part of the problem there is that because of Gradkowski's height, Smith needs to get a little further down field for Grads to see him over the line and get a throwing lane, and the protection hasn't been there for that to happen. Either way Gonzalez could open up a ton for all of the other skill position players on this team, including Smith. If I could pick two big name free agents for the Bucs it would be him and Briggs.

That is our problem, 3 TE sets. I think Smith's height is fine, its in line with almost all TE's, its our short QB that we have at the moment. Adalius Thomas would/could play DE here and would get off, June, Briggs, Hamlin....All good picks. We def do not need a 30 something year old FA (31 years old) just because its Tony Gonzalez and he tears up fantasy football.

i dont want to see any old FA like the last time we spent money , we went out and got a bunch of used junk that was broke half the time.  remember Gardner blow his **CENSORED** out on the first paly, that was funny as hell

Dominico

Starter

#22 : November 02, 2006, 11:47:54 AM

Bucs could rebuild the defense pretty quickly with Freeney,Nate Clements & Adlius Thomas. Then maybe Monte could put in a more aggressive defensive scheme.

Everyone can just forget about seeing Freeney, there is no way in hell the Colts let him hit the market. He more than likely will be franchised then signed to an extension

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : November 02, 2006, 01:32:09 PM

Yeah Freeney has no shot. From what I have heard Briggs is peaved at the Bears, so he may say good bye to them, but we will see.

Baghead #2

#24 : November 03, 2006, 10:52:22 AM

I'd love to see Nate Clements and Lance Briggs here.

gharen

Pro Bowler

#25 : November 03, 2006, 11:28:56 AM

I'd rather have Briggs than June. Briggs is bigger and just as fast. June is a very good player but he only weighs 210lbs. It would be great to walk away with Briggs, Thomas and Clements. Then we could draft Calvin Thomas in the first and more defense in the 2nd.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 03, 2006, 11:38:11 AM

The Bucs are going to throw around a lot of money for free agents.  I'm going to love to see that. Brian Kelly won't love it.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#27 : November 03, 2006, 03:47:35 PM

i would like us to get any of those people, except 9 and 10, Hamlin gets beat up, and we already have a chris brown in michael pittman, except better

gharen

Pro Bowler

#28 : November 03, 2006, 05:25:40 PM

In Chicago there reporting that because the Bears just re-signed Olin Kreutz that Briggs will now become an unrestricted free agent for sure. Good news for the Bucs! Make sure not to vote for him for the Pro Bowl as it will cost us more $.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#29 : November 03, 2006, 05:28:02 PM

In Chicago there reporting that because the Bears just re-signed Olin Kreutz that Briggs will now become an unrestricted free agent for sure. Good news for the Bucs! Make sure not to vote for him for the Pro Bowl as it will cost us more $.

I do not think it would make a difference either way. Briggs will be asking for big money.  That is why Cato June may end up possibly being an alternative if Briggs is up in the sky with the amount of money he is looking for.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Free Agents - Yahoo's Robinson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools