Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Free Agents - Yahoo's Robinson « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#30 : November 04, 2006, 12:18:27 AM

Freeney and Briggs.  What is most impressive about this list, is that it focuses on the two things the Bucs need most, O-line and Defense.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#31 : November 04, 2006, 12:28:00 AM

I hope we draft our LB's.. Im not into Briggs.. Really hope we utilize draft big time and save the cap money for the following year. Lets not spend just to spend.

BUCarino

Pro Bowler

#32 : November 04, 2006, 10:58:11 AM

I still remain very optimistic myself about the state of the Buc's.  Look bottom line is many of us fooled ourselves about this season as it really is a transitional year for the Buc's.  Many experts predicted this kind of season for the Buc's and the majority of us ignored them.

Really the Buc's have had the breaks go against them and they really are playing a brutal schedule.  The best thing I can see coming from this season is the experience all of the youg players are getting in the line of fire.  I honestly think both Trueblood and Joseph will be solid for years to come as they're playing very well.

We just need to reload the defense and tweak a few areas.  IMHO we need another RB to go along with Caddy as most teams nowadays are successful with that one-two punch.  I like Pittman and his versatility, but he just isn't a feature type RB.  He's a good 3rd dwon and ST's player.

I remain opitmistic due to next years cap situation as I know the Gruden/ Allen team will be major players indeed.  Gruden will be like a little kid in the candy store next off season.  Defense of course will be our biggest need for sure.

The players on that list I would love to see in a Buc's uni are Adalius Thomas as I would love to see him at RDE in place of Greg Spires as he would immediately give our front 4 some real pressure and athleticism.  Also the OG Steinbech from the Bengals as he could be our LG for years to come and would immediately improve the entire OL and he's still young.

I would also love to see CB, Asante Samuel and LB Lance Briggs in a Buc's uni.  Possibly also look at the Eagle's Michael Lewis for our SS position.  Also to go along with the nice cap space I believe we have 5 picks so far for the first day of the draft and our full compliment on the 2nd day, so we're sitting in pretty decent shape for the future.

"Life's too short not to live in caution,
But life's too long not to live at all!"

#33 : November 04, 2006, 11:00:43 AM

.  Also the OG Steinbech from the Bengals as he could be our LG for years to come and would immediately improve the entire OL and he's still young.
Dan Buenning says hi.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 04, 2006, 11:02:41 AM

Bucarino, I agree with everything you said except the comment about Thomas playing RDE.  I think you meant LDE because Simeon is our RDE.  I agree we need to replace Spires next year, but his replacement is allready on the roster.  Dewayne White.

I agre MBF, Buenning is our LG hands down.  Now if Steinbach can play C, then bring him in.  But Buenning is too good to mess with.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 04, 2006, 11:04:31 AM

Steinbach if brought in would step in a center.  I rather see a Buenning (LG)-Steinbach (C) combo than a Steinbach (LG) - Mahan (C) combo.

Michael Lewis is a huge liability in coverage so I am not so sure he is worth looking at.  I feel more comfortable if the Bucs draft a safety instead.

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#36 : November 04, 2006, 03:18:18 PM

I would love to see another Safety along the lines of Lynch.....or polomalu

but I also think we need a leader on the defenseive side like Sapp was similar to the way R Lewis does Baltimore

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

#37 : November 04, 2006, 03:39:28 PM

i could only seeing three of those people comming to tampa bay lance briggs nate clements and leonard davis
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Top 10 Free Agents - Yahoo's Robinson « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools