Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The inside on the buenning situation « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#45 : November 02, 2006, 04:17:37 PM

Hmmm Trueblood, Joseph, Mahan Buenning and Davis on the OL - not sure if that would be a great OL although with no "franchise" LT's as free agents or in the draft

I actually like that O-line.  I really do.  :)

BucHarbour

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 02, 2006, 04:46:17 PM

Well, this makes a lot more sense then the coaching staff liking Mahan over Buenning. Now we can stop thinking that politics were responsible. Hopefully he'll be able to go again really soon, because we really need to be able to run the ball to both sides.

>>Ugh.

Ft. Myers Buc Fan

Practice Squad

#47 : November 02, 2006, 09:41:48 PM

You gotta love the fact that Buenning lied about his injury to get back on the field. That shows not only the toughness we want on an Offensive Lineman but also the passion to want to play through a painful injury

Gruden loves that. That's why JJ fell out of favor, he didn't want to play unless he considered himself 100% or very close to it. Staff and some teammates (especially those playing hurt) felt that wasn't right approach.

Exactly.  Gruden won't forget that but was smart enough to pull him off the field.  You just knew he was furious with JJ

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#48 : November 03, 2006, 11:13:53 AM

This same guy told me not to be surprised if Winborn is brooks eventual replacement.

that's what i was thinking - he seems like a talented playmaker who can hold that spot down, and isn't a guy whose cap number or draft status dictates we get him on the field right away at brooks' expense.  i also see us burning a late first day pick on that position in one of the next 2 drafts, though, given winborn's durability issues
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The inside on the buenning situation « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools