Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alarming Gruden stat « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11

JC510

Practice Squad

: June 22, 2007, 07:25:25 AM

When Jon Gruden calls 70% or more passes the Bucs are....

1-25

Most will argue that he has to pass because the team is losing, but the problem is that when he calls 70% or more passes the team still isn't scoring, only averaging 13.3 points per game.

More passes don't equal more points. Keep it balanced boy wonder.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#1 : June 22, 2007, 07:29:37 AM

Interesting stat ... John Gruden has called 70% passes is less than half the games he has been here and has drafted Oline help 3 straight seasons to try and improve the running game.  Tell him something he doesn't know einstein.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#2 : June 22, 2007, 07:51:08 AM

Interesting stat ... John Gruden has called 70% passes is less than half the games he has been here and has drafted Oline help 3 straight seasons to try and improve the running game. Tell him something he doesn't know einstein.

Maybe that's why he calls him boy wonder.   I think of Gruden as just another guy who happens to be a pretty good football coach.    JC seems to think he's a "boy wonder".    Maybe it's all relative, and relative to JC...  Gruden is a boy wonder.   I "wonder" how old JC is to call Gruden a boy?   Must be at least 65 to be able to call a man in his mid 40's boy.   I guess the older guys aren't always the wisest.

BornaBuc47

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 22, 2007, 08:09:41 AM

Another interesting stat...The Bucs are .422 in the last four years with Gruden calling the offensive plays. Maybe we should think about getting an offensive coordinator? Obviously Gruden isn't the offensive guru we all had hoped for. Our offense has gotten worse, it's sad to say, since Dungy left. If we lose again this yiear it's time to send him packing.

From 12 Pro Bowlers to 0-We got hosed alright

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 22, 2007, 08:14:45 AM

Another interesting stat...The Bucs are .422 in the last four years with Gruden calling the offensive plays. Maybe we should think about getting an offensive coordinator? Obviously Gruden isn't the offensive guru we all had hoped for. Our offense has gotten worse, it's sad to say, since Dungy left. If we lose again this yiear it's time to send him packing.

Here's another.  We won a Super Bowl with Gruden calling the offensive plays and he took the Raiders from bums to contenders in 3 years calling offensive plays.  Maybe he bumped his head and forgot how to coach.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 22, 2007, 08:15:45 AM

Oh and there was that Division Championship/11-5 record with him calling offensive plays two seasons ago.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#6 : June 22, 2007, 08:26:37 AM

Oh and there was that Division Championship/11-5 record with him calling offensive plays two seasons ago.
The defense won that division.. we saw what happened to our "offense" in that playoff game at home...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 22, 2007, 08:31:28 AM

The defense won that division.. we saw what happened to our "offense" in that playoff game at home...

I saw what happened to Chris Simms in that game.  I also saw a team that had a chance to win in the end if the players executed.  Regardless of how integral the defense was there were still offensive plays being called as far as I can remember.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#8 : June 22, 2007, 08:35:51 AM

I saw what happened to Chris Simms in that game.  I also saw a team that had a chance to win in the end if the players executed.  Regardless of how integral the defense was there were still offensive plays being called as far as I can remember.
Yep.. just what I expected....

acacius

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 22, 2007, 08:40:03 AM

Here's another alarming Gruden stat:

Under his leadership, when the other team has scored more points than the Bucs, the team is 0-41!

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 22, 2007, 08:42:27 AM

I saw what happened to Chris Simms in that game. I also saw a team that had a chance to win in the end if the players executed. Regardless of how integral the defense was there were still offensive plays being called as far as I can remember.
Yep.. just what I expected....

Which statement that I made was false.  Chris Simms looked like a deer in head lights.  Check.  Team had a chance to win if Sheppard catches the ball.  Check.  Offensive plays were called.  Check.  Did you expect me to make something up? ;)

JC510

Practice Squad

#11 : June 22, 2007, 08:44:17 AM

Interesting stat ... John Gruden has called 70% passes is less than half the games he has been here and has drafted Oline help 3 straight seasons to try and improve the running game. Tell him something he doesn't know einstein.

Maybe that's why he calls him boy wonder.   I think of Gruden as just another guy who happens to be a pretty good football coach.    JC seems to think he's a "boy wonder".    Maybe it's all relative, and relative to JC...  Gruden is a boy wonder.   I "wonder" how old JC is to call Gruden a boy?   Must be at least 65 to be able to call a man in his mid 40's boy.   I guess the older guys aren't always the wisest.

"Boy Wonder" was what he was called when he was with the Eagles. Chapter 8 of his book is titled "Boy Wonder or Boy Blunder?"

When he runs a balanced offense he's a great coach: Boy Wonder
When he throws the run out of the window he's a bad coach, 1-25: Boy Blunder

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 22, 2007, 08:46:40 AM

When Jon Gruden calls 70% or more passes the Bucs are....

I'm guessing that is true of any coach/team. Passing = losing.

The real problem is the way Gruden seems to panic that "losing" means < 2 scores and the run game goes out the window even with plenty of time left. Gruden is very willing to run the ball ahead but behind he loses his cool and tosses the game plan way to soon.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

orlandobuc

Starter

#13 : June 22, 2007, 08:48:57 AM

I would be curious what any coaches record is when they pass 70% of the time.

JC510

Practice Squad

#14 : June 22, 2007, 08:54:21 AM

I would be curious what any coaches record is when they pass 70% of the time.

The point isnt about winning/losing when calling 70% passes. It's about the fact that he keeps doing it and doing it and doing it eventhough the results are putrid (1-25, 13.3 points per game)
Page: 1 2 3 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alarming Gruden stat « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools