Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alarming Gruden stat « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#30 : June 22, 2007, 12:17:40 PM

Just trying to figure out which one is Duemig.  What a crock of crap. 

The day you find out a coach game plans to throw the ball 70% of the time is the day you let him go.

IF the bucs could have put a NFL average qb on the field the Oline and Running Game would look a damn sight better - and vice versa.  If the bucs had a NFL average Oline and running game the QB would look a damn sight better. 

So get some talent, fill in the gaps as best as one can and we will see.

And the opening of this thread is about as dumb a offering as I have read this offseason. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

JC510

Practice Squad

#31 : June 22, 2007, 12:27:01 PM

Just trying to figure out which one is Duemig.  What a crock of crap. 

The day you find out a coach game plans to throw the ball 70% of the time is the day you let him go.

IF the bucs could have put a NFL average qb on the field the Oline and Running Game would look a damn sight better - and vice versa.  If the bucs had a NFL average Oline and running game the QB would look a damn sight better. 

And the opening of this thread is about as dumb a offering as I have read this offseason. 

It doesn't matter if he doesn't "plan" to do it. HE'S DOING IT!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 22, 2007, 12:28:48 PM

"Boy Wonder" was what he was called when he was with the Eagles. Chapter 8 of his book is titled "Boy Wonder or Boy Blunder?"

When he runs a balanced offense he's a great coach: Boy Wonder
When he throws the run out of the window he's a bad coach, 1-25: Boy Blunder

Since that boy wonder phrase was coined when he was offensive coordinator of the Eagles over 10 years ago, I don't think it applies anymore.    I guess you'll still be calling him that when he's 70.    LOL!    It's a phrase people seem to like to use when insulting Gruden.   But it's outdated.   He's mid 40's now.

Running the ball and never getting a first down doesnt do you any good.    This offense is actually the best scheme we've ever had (in my opinion).    We should see a drastic improvement with Garcia in there.   If not, I'll eat 2 dozen donuts.

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#33 : June 22, 2007, 12:36:19 PM

Another interesting stat...The Bucs are .422 in the last four years with Gruden calling the offensive plays. Maybe we should think about getting an offensive coordinator? Obviously Gruden isn't the offensive guru we all had hoped for. Our offense has gotten worse, it's sad to say, since Dungy left. If we lose again this yiear it's time to send him packing.

Here's another. We won a Super Bowl with Gruden calling the offensive plays and he took the Raiders from bums to contenders in 3 years calling offensive plays. Maybe he bumped his head and forgot how to coach.

Here is a stat our defense put up a many points at the Raiders... Since our SB Grudens play calling and coaching got us 2 top 5 draft picks. (Silver lining I suppose) With the same QB we won the SB with, with a 69% completion QB in Griese, and the... I forgot his name, blonde guy played in Texas...anyway he lead us to 3 4th QTR comebacks you know the guy... ANd some short 6th rounder who is perfect for this system...Lets see what he does with old man river....

Bucfanut

Starter

#34 : June 22, 2007, 12:37:51 PM

just out of curiosity, of those 26 games, which one was the lone win?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 22, 2007, 12:41:08 PM

I wonder what Andy Reids numbers are when he decides to throw over 70 percent of the time...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#36 : June 22, 2007, 12:56:25 PM

The scary thing now is that Gruden doesnt have a blocking FB behind Alstott, instead going with a finese-pass catching FB in Askew.
Basically we'll never see this next year...

We don't have a blocking FB with Alstot.  Never have.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 22, 2007, 12:58:27 PM

Another interesting stat...The Bucs are .422 in the last four years with Gruden calling the offensive plays. Maybe we should think about getting an offensive coordinator? Obviously Gruden isn't the offensive guru we all had hoped for. Our offense has gotten worse, it's sad to say, since Dungy left. If we lose again this yiear it's time to send him packing.

Here's another. We won a Super Bowl with Gruden calling the offensive plays and he took the Raiders from bums to contenders in 3 years calling offensive plays. Maybe he bumped his head and forgot how to coach.

Here is a stat our defense put up a many points at the Raiders... Since our SB Grudens play calling and coaching got us 2 top 5 draft picks. (Silver lining I suppose) With the same QB we won the SB with, with a 69% completion QB in Griese, and the... I forgot his name, blonde guy played in Texas...anyway he lead us to 3 4th QTR comebacks you know the guy... ANd some short 6th rounder who is perfect for this system...Lets see what he does with old man river....

Actually the 69% passer led us to a 5-1 record which the blonde guy able to hold on to make us a playoff team.  Fact is when we had a passer that could hit open receivers we had some success.

JC510

Practice Squad

#38 : June 22, 2007, 01:06:51 PM

just out of curiosity, of those 26 games, which one was the lone win?

Bengals last year

umguy1999

Practice Squad

#39 : June 22, 2007, 01:16:08 PM

Actually the 69% passer led us to a 5-1 record which the blonde guy able to hold on to make us a playoff team. Fact is when we had a passer that could hit open receivers we had some success.

I guess if you discard Caddy then the 5-1 is a valid point...However if you consider Caddy gained 434 yards in our first 3 games, then we were able to defeat the mighty Lions without Caddy, and lost to the Jets without him, then I can give Griese full credit for the Miami game that Caddy missed.
Not only did Simms win every game when Caddy got 100 yards or more rushing, but he beat the Skins with Caddy only gaining 20 yards on the ground... Oh and had 3 4th QTR comebacks....

JC510

Practice Squad

#40 : June 22, 2007, 01:17:36 PM

Running the ball and never getting a first down doesnt do you any good.    This offense is actually the best scheme we've ever had (in my opinion).    We should see a drastic improvement with Garcia in there.   If not, I'll eat 2 dozen donuts.

It does better good than 70% passing (1-25, 13.3 points per game)

Garcia is irrelevant. As I've stated before, under Simms when Cadillac runs for 3.7 ypc or better the team wins (5-1). In three of those games the team scored 30, 27 and 27. The problem always was the lack of running game. We should see drastic inprovement, but it won't be because of Garcia, it will be because of Petitgout, Davis/Sears, Buenning, Joseph, Trueblood. If anything Garcia's weak arm will hold this offense back.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 22, 2007, 01:29:29 PM

Just trying to figure out which one is Duemig. What a crock of crap.

IF the bucs could have put a NFL average qb on the field the Oline and Running Game would look a damn sight better - and vice versa. If the bucs had a NFL average Oline and running game the QB would look a damn sight better.

Expect nothing more from you, unfortunately. 

Let's go in this direction for a second.  You call the plays, the running game is facing 8 & 9 in the box bc you qb position is not producing.  You don't have another qb who is worth the powder to blow him to hell, and you oline is getting pushed back by numbers.  YOU MAKE THE CALL.  You want to pillory the coach - as always - for the lack of a qb.  Go ahead - you do it constantly and wrongfully without cessation.  Good that the owners and GM disagree with your insights.  To bad you are so unhappy as a fan. 

Healthy the O was marginal, injured the chance for success was bleak.  Ignore the obvious - the play calling meant little to nothing, the talent and ability to execute was damn near everything.  Want to be angry - be angry about the lack of offensive talent, be angry the receivers forgot how to catch the damn ball, be angry Simms got injured, that Griese ran to the bears, that Brad's arm went bad, the Brees wasn't signed to a buc contract (though he was a huge risk)...  Playcalling -

No need to respond to me - bc I am done responding to your petulant little rants regarding the obvious issues arising from a unit with insufficient talent to withstand injuries. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#42 : June 22, 2007, 01:33:37 PM

Actually the 69% passer led us to a 5-1 record which the blonde guy able to hold on to make us a playoff team. Fact is when we had a passer that could hit open receivers we had some success.

I guess if you discard Caddy then the 5-1 is a valid point...However if you consider Caddy gained 434 yards in our first 3 games, then we were able to defeat the mighty Lions without Caddy, and lost to the Jets without him, then I can give Griese full credit for the Miami game that Caddy missed.
Not only did Simms win every game when Caddy got 100 yards or more rushing, but he beat the Skins with Caddy only gaining 20 yards on the ground... Oh and had 3 4th QTR comebacks....

Regard/disregard...whatever helps you make your point.

JC510

Practice Squad

#43 : June 22, 2007, 01:48:56 PM

Just trying to figure out which one is Duemig. What a crock of crap.

IF the bucs could have put a NFL average qb on the field the Oline and Running Game would look a damn sight better - and vice versa. If the bucs had a NFL average Oline and running game the QB would look a damn sight better.

Expect nothing more from you, unfortunately. 

Let's go in this direction for a second.  You call the plays, the running game is facing 8 & 9 in the box bc you qb position is not producing.  You don't have another qb who is worth the powder to blow him to hell, and you oline is getting pushed back by numbers.  YOU MAKE THE CALL.  You want to pillory the coach - as always - for the lack of a qb.  Go ahead - you do it constantly and wrongfully without cessation.  Good that the owners and GM disagree with your insights.  To bad you are so unhappy as a fan. 

Healthy the O was marginal, injured the chance for success was bleak.  Ignore the obvious - the play calling meant little to nothing, the talent and ability to execute was damn near everything.  Want to be angry - be angry about the lack of offensive talent, be angry the receivers forgot how to catch the damn ball, be angry Simms got injured, that Griese ran to the bears, that Brad's arm went bad, the Brees wasn't signed to a buc contract (though he was a huge risk)...  Playcalling -

No need to respond to me - bc I am done responding to your petulant little rants regarding the obvious issues arising from a unit with insufficient talent to withstand injuries. 

Don't ask me a question and then tell me not to respond.

I don't care how many guys they put in the box, 8, 9, 10, 11. I'm giving Cadillac and Alstott the ball. Gruden always has an excuse: we fell behind in the 1st qtr, they have big DTs, and the classic one about needing to use the wind in the Giants game.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 22, 2007, 01:57:40 PM

1.  Okay
2.  No surprise, and still wrong. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Alarming Gruden stat « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools