Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: where is Ian Beckles? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

#30 : June 24, 2007, 11:09:23 PM

Jimmy the Greek and Rush Limbaugh were fired for saying things that were deemed "stupid".

There is a vast difference between making a general stupid statement and making a stupid statement directed at someone in particular.

And how does that "difference" apply in this situation? And how is that different in this situation? The Greek certainly wasn't identifying anyone as I recall - and I don't know how Limbaugh got in hear, maybe mistaken with Imus - who was pilloried for his generic word use in relationship to a team. Clearly the Greek and Imus were "general stupid statements"

Didnt the Greek refer to a player as a monkey?

tonyflash

Starter

#31 : June 24, 2007, 11:48:25 PM

Jimmy the Greek and Rush Limbaugh were fired for saying things that were deemed "stupid".

There is a vast difference between making a general stupid statement and making a stupid statement directed at someone in particular.

And how does that "difference" apply in this situation? And how is that different in this situation? The Greek certainly wasn't identifying anyone as I recall - and I don't know how Limbaugh got in hear, maybe mistaken with Imus - who was pilloried for his generic word use in relationship to a team. Clearly the Greek and Imus were "general stupid statements"

I think that was Howard Cosell. Didn't the Greek say something above slave breeding?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 25, 2007, 12:17:03 AM

For those too young to recall or those who don't remember or for those who may not want to remember:

Howard Cosell referred to Alvin Garrett of the Redskins...."look at that little monkey go".

Jimmy "the Greek" Snyder went on about how black athletes were better athletes, bred to be so and that slave owners would hook up a big black man with a big black woman to produce a big black child.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : June 25, 2007, 12:27:47 AM

Cosell said "look at that little monkey go", but I seriously doubt he meant it as a racial slur.   I think he'd have said that even if the guy were white, he just happened to be black.   My grandfather used to call us little monkeys all the time when we played or ran.   And we're as white as they come.

I remember the Greek talking about how blacks had their achilles tendon attached differently than whites which allows them to be quicker.   (I hear that is true.)    Greek also mentioned that when the blacks were brought over from africa that only the strongest ones survived the boat trip over due to the horrible conditions.   So it served as a means of selective athletic breeding.   Then on the plantations, like you mentioned, the owners hooked up the strong black men with big black women to produce big strong offspring.    I believe all of that to be 100% fact.   Hitler tried the same thing with white people where he was mating his strongest men with his strongest, most athletic women as well.   

replica

Hall of Famer
#34 : June 25, 2007, 07:45:04 AM

The show starts in an hour, will Ian be there?

blitz

Pro Bowler
#35 : June 25, 2007, 08:01:27 AM

Cosell said "look at that little monkey go", but I seriously doubt he meant it as a racial slur. I think he'd have said that even if the guy were white, he just happened to be black. My grandfather used to call us little monkeys all the time when we played or ran. And we're as white as they come.

I remember the Greek talking about how blacks had their achilles tendon attached differently than whites which allows them to be quicker. (I hear that is true.) Greek also mentioned that when the blacks were brought over from africa that only the strongest ones survived the boat trip over due to the horrible conditions. So it served as a means of selective athletic breeding. Then on the plantations, like you mentioned, the owners hooked up the strong black men with big black women to produce big strong offspring. I believe all of that to be 100% fact. Hitler tried the same thing with white people where he was mating his strongest men with his strongest, most athletic women as well.

The thing about Synder is that his comments were made at the dinner table at a NY restaurant and someone sitting next to him overheard the conversation.   It hit the papers and the CBS brass pulled the plug on him but his importance to the NFL Today had been waning anyway so it was time for him to leave anyway.........

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#36 : June 25, 2007, 10:03:24 AM

No.  As noted above.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 26, 2007, 02:27:10 AM

Unless 620 has no morals at all they should can this b um.....all we hear all the time is how much Hennessey products he sucks down.....this is a sport show an d in the summer a lot of young kids are listening to the show .....his life style and beliefs are clearly a bad influence on the youths listening in......good time for Scott and Jim to take over.

coolhandluke

Starter

#38 : June 26, 2007, 08:07:40 AM

Heard he back pedaled on the show saying he knows that Crack is bad. I also heard he got it good from the TBYFL where he coaches youth football. They did not like the Bad PUB they got from this.

Kids hear this and think it is cool.. Maybe next he will think first before he puts his foot in his mouth again..
Lucky he is black or he would have been gone!

replica

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 26, 2007, 09:13:22 AM

Lucky he is black or he would have been gone!

ouch..That was not called for.

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 26, 2007, 10:38:29 AM

Ian is great. I like Ian. It allows me to know that there is a place for even the most stupid people to go and make money such as he.
I am also not saying that Ian is wrong. I am just saying that Ian doesn’t know that  his ideas don’t work. 

34swtns

Practice Squad

#41 : June 26, 2007, 12:17:19 PM

He's back on the air.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 26, 2007, 12:47:35 PM

Cosell said "look at that little monkey go", but I seriously doubt he meant it as a racial slur. I think he'd have said that even if the guy were white, he just happened to be black. My grandfather used to call us little monkeys all the time when we played or ran. And we're as white as they come.

I remember the Greek talking about how blacks had their achilles tendon attached differently than whites which allows them to be quicker. (I hear that is true.) Greek also mentioned that when the blacks were brought over from africa that only the strongest ones survived the boat trip over due to the horrible conditions. So it served as a means of selective athletic breeding. Then on the plantations, like you mentioned, the owners hooked up the strong black men with big black women to produce big strong offspring. I believe all of that to be 100% fact. Hitler tried the same thing with white people where he was mating his strongest men with his strongest, most athletic women as well.

The thing about Synder is that his comments were made at the dinner table at a NY restaurant and someone sitting next to him overheard the conversation.   It hit the papers and the CBS brass pulled the plug on him but his importance to the NFL Today had been waning anyway so it was time for him to leave anyway.........

IIRC....it did seem that CBS was simply looking for a way to move JTG out.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#43 : June 26, 2007, 01:35:13 PM

Did he get suspended for his tyrade defending crack selling moms?
I heard that and he had a point.  If you are a mom with six kids and low income, you have to do something.  That was his basic point.  Whether you agree with it or not I don't think his point of view is out of bounds.  He was just saying its not right but its understandable. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : June 26, 2007, 02:29:04 PM

There are a lot of reasons to let Ron and/or Ian go - but I don't think this one is at the top of the list. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: where is Ian Beckles? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools