Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My "Encounters" with Celebrities in LA « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#15 : June 25, 2007, 07:26:37 AM

MJ was really a great guy.

I'm not surprised you find MJ to be a great guy.   I guess the old "Birds of a feather" phrase comes into play here.   

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 25, 2007, 07:32:30 AM

Getting back on topic...    I've met lots of sports celebrities, so I won't count them.   But since I fly so often, I sometimes meet celebrities on flights.    My favorite was Gary Bussey since he talked with me all flight about anything and everything.   I was flying from Las Vegas to Dallas in first class.   This absolutely gorgeous blonde with huge breasts sits in the window seat directly across the aisle from me.   I was thinking I'd have a chance to chat her up since it seemed like she was alone.   Then just before they closed the cabin doors, Gary Bussey came running on and jumped in the seat next to her.   At first I was thinking "Damn!".   But I got a chance to talk with Gary during the flight and he was really entertaining.   That guy cracked me up.   The only problem with him was that he talked non-stop.   As entertaining as he was, he was also loud.   It was great for a while, but got old (since I wasn't drunk).   He wasn't drunk either, but just a fun loving guy.   By the end of the flight I was glad to be landing.  LOL!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#17 : June 25, 2007, 12:09:46 PM

Joe, you sound like a young-en! I started in Hollywood back in 1977. I did lighting on the originol M.A.S.H. also worked a season of "LOVE BOAT" FANTASY ISLAND, Did the first 3 years of "MOONLIGHTING" many others. Also did the Number #4 Movie of all time.."RAGING BULL" along with POLTIERGIEST and "BACK TO THE FUTURE" DANTES PEAK "ANY GIVEN SUNDAY" and a few more. I am semi Retired and loving living here in Florida. Back in the 70`s and 80`s before they had their POSSES and and such we were all one big family. I go back every couple of years to do PEPSI Spots and some Car Commercials

Did all of the Michael Jackson PEPSI shoots and also did Brittany Spears PEPSI shoot that was on the Academy Awards a few years back.

Seems as though you have found a great group to be with. I dont know if you are in the UNION..Local 600 is camera This is my 30th year in 728...

Good luck to you

Good stuff. Yeah, I am younger than you. I was WATCHING those shows. Not working on them!

I am not union. And I am not with any group. I just bounce from job to job. I know enough
people that I haven't had to actively pursue work in the last few years. I usually work a few
weeks and then have a few weeks off. Unless, like last year, when I worked on Two A
Days" for three str8 months.

So, you still have contacts in the industry who are still working in tv/films? I do all I can
to get my wife onto shows I work on but most don't use make-up artists. Any contacts
for her?

BTW, I'm 42... "Young," is relative...

Poltergeist scared the hell out of me and I would love to work on something like that now.
But since I am not qualified to shoot or work in film, it would have to be some reality
thing or documentary. I am working towards the documentary thing...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My "Encounters" with Celebrities in LA « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools