Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Antonio Bryant is still a free agent. Do we need him? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

: June 24, 2007, 01:36:49 AM

He is still a guy who has issues.  He is still a guy who can produce big seasons. 

Is it time for Tampa to sign this guy?  I mean, who would you rather have?  Jerramy Stevens, or Antonio Bryant?  Both are obviously bad drivers.  SO lets leave the driving out of this.

I think Bryant is better than all of the Bucs receivers in terms of football skill, except for Joey Galloway.  I mean, Clayton can run block, great.  But being a wideout means having the ability to seperate, and make a few YAC plays happen. 

At this point, the more I see his football talent, the more I think he is better than Mike Clayton, Mo Stove, Ike, or David. 

Sign him, soon please.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 24, 2007, 03:07:33 AM

I like him - as a receiver - I think a little attitude is needed in the WR corps. We definitely could use someone that can hang onto the ball after the catch. A little YAK would be nice - but first things first.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

watson

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 24, 2007, 06:10:31 AM

Didn't he have some team conduct problems in SF?  I also think I saw that he goes "Randy Moss" when he isn't getting the ball thrown to him as much as he wants it to be.  What strikes me as very odd is that SF needs WRs and they didn't do everything they could to keep him.  ???

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#3 : June 24, 2007, 09:47:54 AM

If he tried out for us already and we didn't sign him and neither did anyone else - thats a bad sign.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 24, 2007, 10:02:47 AM

KJ attitude Marty Booker production. The latter isn't worth the former.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 24, 2007, 11:09:01 AM

We took a chance on Stevens we might as well take one on Bryant.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

tonilynn

Starter

#6 : June 24, 2007, 12:31:31 PM

sign him and let him know when he signs that his 1st major mess up he's cut

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 24, 2007, 01:00:05 PM

sign him and let him know when he signs that his 1st major mess up he's cut
Agreed.

I would rather see a guy who has played recently (unlike David Boston), can actually produce YAC (unlike Mike CLayton or Ike), and is a known talent (unlike Mo Stove) come in and snag the #2 spot from right out of Claytons hands...

I just have a feeling that Clayton is tapped out.  He was a Hansen Brother, and it very well might be time to understand he is not a legit #2 wideout, but maybe a package wideout, a #3, #4 type of guy...

T

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 24, 2007, 01:05:58 PM

I think Antonio Bryant is suspended for the first 4 games of the season.So he won't be able to play until Week 5.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 24, 2007, 01:06:59 PM

I think Antonio Bryant is suspended for the first 4 games of the season.So he won't be able to play until Week 5.
Does that mean he is untouchable?

Not to me it doesn't.  The Bucs need to hurry up and sign this kid...

T

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 24, 2007, 01:19:04 PM

Does that mean he is untouchable?

Not to me it doesn't. The Bucs need to hurry up and sign this kid...
I would like to see him signed also,but signing a guy who won't see the field until week 5 doesn't make too much sense, unless he is signed for the right price.

Scurvy

Practice Squad

#11 : June 24, 2007, 01:23:03 PM

It's 2 weeks. He already sat the final 2 of '06.

T

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 24, 2007, 01:57:55 PM

It's 2 weeks. He already sat the final 2 of '06.

I knew he was suspended just didn't know how long he was suspended for.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#13 : June 24, 2007, 03:59:46 PM

he is productive so why not he  has the speed

tonilynn

Starter

#14 : June 24, 2007, 05:04:25 PM

Well Gruden loves offensive talent and if he is worth it im sure we will sign him this would be our depth chart at WR

1.Joey Galloway - can he produce another year like the last two and stay injury free again.
2.Micheal Clayton - Can he regain his rookie form and put up close to them numbers again.
3.Maurice Stovall - Can he continue to get better and blossom into a good 2nd year WR.
4.David Boston - Can he prove that he still has something left and produce like he did in Arizona when he was a Pro-Bowler
5.Ike Hilliard - he does his job as our possession receiver and makes key 3rd down receptions.
6.Antonio Bryant - Can he keep out of trouble and put up the numbers that his talent says he should

Factor in the fact that we have a QB that can produce at a pro-bowl rate. Factor in the fact that we should have a well improved O-Line and factor in the fact that Caddy should put up or exceed his rookie numbers and we could have a good offense that can score. Only if our defense can duplicate the 2005 season with the young talent we have brought in and we can avoid injuries this team might be ready to make some serious noise. We play a 4th place schedule and it is a fact that every year the last place team goes from worst to 1st what makes anyone think that this year will be any different. The wildcard card here is the fact that Gruden has his job on the line and we have new coaches that can coach and proven they can get the job done Larry Coyer and Raheem Morris. I think we are primed for a 10-6 to a 12-4 season and once we get in the playoffs it is anyone's game at that point.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Antonio Bryant is still a free agent. Do we need him? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools