Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Antonio Bryant is still a free agent. Do we need him? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#30 : June 25, 2007, 10:37:55 AM

Imagine that Keyshwn is a disruptive infulence, who knew? -

As far as the Bucs are concerned, could it be that the Bucs discussed ranges and sent him on his way with a "call us if you don't get an offer you like..."?

As I said I wouldn't have a problem with it. If Galloway could help ride herd over Bryant then I wouldn't think Gruden would either. Maybe the Bucs are also keeping their options open from a trade perspective?

Too many unknowns at this point - I guess we'll know something if we get any Antonio Bryant sightings at the airport or One Buc?

I do like the Galloway is a good infuence thing....

Incomparable sig by Incognito

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#31 : June 25, 2007, 11:24:07 AM

It wasn't key that did it that time, at least not his actions - it was parcells who I believe put key on the field taking byrant's play away. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#32 : June 25, 2007, 11:36:38 AM

Bryant should have an opportnity. Hopefully all of this time spent "peddling his wares" to GM'ss is hurting his ego a bit. I mean with his ego he had to think someone would JUMP at taking him.

I'd like to think so, I'd like the Bucs to ttake a chance on him and not miss out at a position of need.

I want the best option, if that's Antonio Bryant, then so be it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#33 : June 25, 2007, 12:18:41 PM

It wasn't key that did it that time, at least not his actions - it was parcells who I believe put key on the field taking byrant's play away.

Right.

As a result they end up cutting the possesion WR( Keyshawn) to sign TO (deep threat).  And we all know TO is not a cancer in a locker room. :P

Like I said before Parcells made a mistake by demoting him so quickly.  Had Keyshawn beaten him out fair and square that would be different.  But that never happened.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : June 25, 2007, 01:38:02 PM

Like I said before Parcells made a mistake by demoting him so quickly.  Had Keyshawn beaten him out fair and square that would be different.  But that never happened.

It did happen. Bryant is a screw up. He lost his job when he wasn't running the right routes and when he'd run the right "route" he'd run it at the wrong depth for example. He's a lousy practice player. Parcells was sick of the kid long before KJ got there

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#35 : June 25, 2007, 01:45:02 PM

Chemistry is a delicate thing on a young offense trying to gain it's legs. Gotta think about risk/reward, and Bryant hasn't shown to be that rewarding..

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : June 25, 2007, 01:48:41 PM

Chemistry is a delicate thing on a young offense trying to gain it's legs. Gotta think about risk/reward, and Bryant hasn't shown to be that rewarding..

Bryant might make a play for you here or there but he'll cause several INT's by not being where he should be or at least not being there when the QB thinks he'll be there.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#37 : June 25, 2007, 06:04:37 PM

IMO,

There is no reward-only trouble, that he has already shown with 3 different teams.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#38 : June 25, 2007, 07:28:19 PM

IMO,
There is no reward-only trouble, that he has already shown with 3 different teams.

Exactly, his potential impact would be so minimal there's no reason to take that risk.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#39 : June 26, 2007, 01:28:37 AM

Bryant might make a play for you here or there but he'll cause several INT's by not being where he should be or at least not being there when the QB thinks he'll be there.
Are you sure that is his fault, or the QBs he has been running routes for?

That statement should be the blanket excuse for all QBs in the NFL.  Just imagine if Chris Simms receivers all ran the proper routes...

Bryant hasn't exactly been playing for the genius QBs of the NFL now.

He has a ton of speed, a lot of YAC skill, some juke moves, and if he acts out, we all know the truly great thing about Jon Gruden is this:  He will send you packin' out of town.  Gruden did invent the Keyshawn, after all.

In all honesty, come Sunday, who would you rather see line up opposite Galloway.  Clayton, Boston, Ike, Stove, or Bryant?  If you are talking about fielding talent, Bryant is the man.  If you are talking about a positive influence, Ike is the man.  Clayton might be kept around because Gruden drafted him.  How about that for being a Gruden-fan?  IMO, Clayton is a dud.  Aside from Joey G, Garcia is not going to have many targets on offense. 

Once again, if Bryant acts up, you give him a boot to the cool, and roll with what you got...

Bryant is worth a signing.  He most likely won;t get that chance, but it would be interesting to see JG and AB line up and let it rip...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#40 : June 26, 2007, 08:45:07 AM

Him since he's been deported from 3 NFL cities and no one wants to touch him. Plus, that was the reason Parcells gave for moving him and the local reporters with the inside scoop said that his problems in that realm were well known to everyone but him - he'd apparently argued with his position coach about rather he did or didn't run the right route in a game.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#41 : June 27, 2007, 03:07:52 AM

Him since he's been deported from 3 NFL cities and no one wants to touch him. Plus, that was the reason Parcells gave for moving him and the local reporters with the inside scoop said that his problems in that realm were well known to everyone but him - he'd apparently argued with his position coach about rather he did or didn't run the right route in a game.
Smacks of T.O.

Are you sure they did not mistake Bryant for T.O.?  I know I know...just kidding....

Anyway, it seriously sounds like sour grapes.  Tuna has always been hard on prima donna wideouts.

Ask her.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#42 : June 27, 2007, 11:04:45 AM

Tuna has always been hard on prima donna wideouts.

Ask her.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#43 : June 27, 2007, 01:25:52 PM

If the Patriots of all teams can take a chance on Moss who is not exactly known as a great route runner why would a team not consider Bryant?  Bryant is a proven deep threat.  Maybe he is one dimensional but a deep threat he definatey is.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#44 : June 27, 2007, 01:32:44 PM

If the Patriots of all teams can take a chance on Moss who is not exactly known as a great route runner why would a team not consider Bryant? Bryant is a proven deep threat. Maybe he is one dimensional but a deep threat he definatey is.

I dunno, depends what you consider deep. As far as Bryant goes, out of 250 career receptions, only 14 have been over 40 yards. Not even 6%..  :-

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302179

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Antonio Bryant is still a free agent. Do we need him? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools