Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Round Mound of Touch Down « previous next »
Page: 1

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
: June 24, 2007, 06:26:27 AM

Bruce Eugene has no chance of making the final roster as a QB. The Bucs could use another FB. We know Eugene can run with the ball. In his only start in NFLE he ran for 50 yards and a TD and the team had over 400 yards of total offense. At 283 lbs with unusual speed and agility, he should be able to block in pass protection. If he can run block and catch the occasional pass, we have a great replacement for Mike Alstott who should retire soon. Gruden could devise some great trick plays with the NFL's first FB/QB (to my knowledge). Bruce could also serve as a last ditch reserve emergency QB, and I can't imagine anyone rupturing his spleen.

Is there any chance Gruden would seriously consider using Eugene in this manner?

JC510

Practice Squad

#1 : June 24, 2007, 08:14:37 AM

Knowing Gruden he would do something like put a QB at FB, it's not like he's gonna call running plays anyway.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 24, 2007, 11:06:24 AM

and I thought the title was about Garcia's wife...

bucs1

Practice Squad
#3 : June 24, 2007, 11:34:26 AM

I've watched some NFL Europe games before when Bruce Eugene was playing and he's huge for a QB.  He's like a fullback playing quarterback.  He's extremely quick and fast for being such a big guy.  He also has a very strong arm-kind of like Michael Vick's arm where he can throw the ball all the way down the field with just a flick of the wrist.  He isn't very accurate though on short to intermediate passes, but he's pretty accurate on long balls.  I think that he would be a good candidate for the practice squad this year.  He is a long shot to make the team though.  I would give him a try at FB just to see how he does.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#4 : June 24, 2007, 07:33:59 PM

I've watched some NFL Europe games before when Bruce Eugene was playing and he's huge for a QB.  He's like a fullback playing quarterback.  He's extremely quick and fast for being such a big guy.  He also has a very strong arm-kind of like Michael Vick's arm where he can throw the ball all the way down the field with just a flick of the wrist.  He isn't very accurate though on short to intermediate passes, but he's pretty accurate on long balls.  I think that he would be a good candidate for the practice squad this year.  He is a long shot to make the team though.  I would give him a try at FB just to see how he does.

I just can't get interested in NFLE and I never saw Grambling games when Eugene was there. I can only go by written reports on the guy. It seems more logical to me to transition him to FB considering his strengths and abilities.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#5 : June 24, 2007, 09:39:41 PM

Knowing Gruden he would do something like put a QB at FB, it's not like he's gonna call running plays anyway.
How original of you to say....

orlandobuc

Starter

#6 : June 25, 2007, 10:54:17 AM

I dont think we need another guy who is OK at a few positions but not good at any one.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#7 : June 25, 2007, 01:22:09 PM

and I thought the title was about Garcia's wife...

That would have been ''mounds'' plural.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 26, 2007, 04:41:46 AM

I dont think we need another guy who is OK at a few positions but not good at any one.

And you know this for a fact how?

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#9 : June 26, 2007, 01:57:40 PM

And you know this for a fact how?

What?....he stated his opinion...

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#10 : June 26, 2007, 05:40:08 PM

think (thingk)v.
1. To have or formulate in the mind. 2.a. To ponder b. To reason. 3. To believe, suppose, have an opinion about.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#11 : June 27, 2007, 04:27:39 AM

You're speculating, but then so am I, but 114 yards rushing and a TD in just two starts is not too shabby for a QB. Imagine the impact he could have as a receiver. Some DBs might want to protect their own spleen, being outweighed  by 80 or 90 pounds.

The man has some talent (52 TDs with 6 interceptions in a single college season), has size, speed, and agility. He can't play QB in the near future. He's not ready for that. There has to be some way to use him. Gruden used Warren Sapp as a TE.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Round Mound of Touch Down « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools