Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could this be Brooks last year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#45 : November 04, 2006, 09:11:00 AM

After watching the Broncos secondary be torched for the third time by the Colts people would get an idea..oh well.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#46 : November 04, 2006, 09:32:58 AM

the only reason lynch wasnt re-signed is because he failed our physical.
This is total BS. He agreed to take a paycut if they made him the starter & they wouldn't do it--great call by the way. And DB is a 1st round HOF.
actually your post is total bs.  Thats from an inside guy.  Our doc was willing to pass even though he failed because he is john lynch but Gruden said he wanted no part of it.  Put things together logically.  If Lynch was willing to take a pay cut, he would have been here no questions asked.  But he wasnt there physically, hence hes gone numb in his extremities 2x since he left.  Nice job showing your ignorance, but what should I have expected.  Lynch has a neck problem, that and that alone is why hes not a buc.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#47 : November 04, 2006, 08:32:12 PM

Yeah I know you were tempted.

Lycnh wont tell anyoe the truth because he wants to save face.  This guy in TB, my inside guy, is very good.  Everything he has told me has proven itself true over time.  So DEN and Shanny were willing to look the other way, good for them.  Hes made the PB on rep and he cant hold a candle to the other PB safeties in his conf like Reed and Polomalu.  Fact is hes gone numb in his extremities 2x since we cut him, once vs us and a few weeks back vs BAL.  We made the right move not just for the bucs but for John Lynch.  He shouldve retired.  Trust me, this guy is in and hes always right.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#48 : November 04, 2006, 08:34:55 PM

Alrighty then ... back to Mr. ole Brooks ...  He does talk like he's been playing the same as he always has, and hasn't acknowledged that he's lost ALOT of speed.  I do hope we actively look for a replacement this year and not just sit around and "hope" he regains his lost form.

shall555

Starter

#49 : November 04, 2006, 06:37:53 PM

We need to stop falling in love with Brooks at the WLB spot. If he's a true leader, he would do whatever it takes to help the team, because he's just not getting it done at his position. I think he could be a Pro Bowl MLB, if given the chance. He has the instincts and looked pretty unstoppable when blitzing up the middle. I think he's lost a step, but playing @ MLB would put him one step closer to the action and could extend his career 2-3 more years and give Ruud time to develop. Putting him @ SLB would be a slap in the face.

I'd like to see him retire a Buccaneer, but not at the cost of defensive excellence. I'm not giving up on him either. I do not want to see the Bucs dump him and watch him make the Pro Bowl on another team. For all he has done for this franchise, he deserves a look next season. If he's really lost it, then they should pull the plug.   

#50 : November 04, 2006, 06:57:48 PM

Beniro,

Why keep him just because he was great in years past.

He's playing horrible this year.

Just my opinion, but i think he knows it.  A caller called into his show after the Eagle game and asked him about the missed tackles. His response was something along the lines of that he didn't have to answer questions about missed tackles in a game that we won, and he was a lil testy about it. Again, it just my opinion but that just wasn't the Brooks i've become used to hearing.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#51 : November 04, 2006, 08:21:32 PM

the only reason lynch wasnt re-signed is because he failed our physical.
This is total BS. He agreed to take a paycut if they made him the starter & they wouldn't do it--great call by the way. And DB is a 1st round HOF.
actually your post is total bs. Thats from an inside guy. Our doc was willing to pass even though he failed because he is john lynch but Gruden said he wanted no part of it. Put things together logically. If Lynch was willing to take a pay cut, he would have been here no questions asked. But he wasnt there physically, hence hes gone numb in his extremities 2x since he left. Nice job showing your ignorance, but what should I have expected. Lynch has a neck problem, that and that alone is why hes not a buc.
How very civil of you ICIT---I disagreed with you but didn't call you ignorant--although I was tempted. Case in point--he passed Denver's physical & has been to every probowl  every year since. Would you care to enlighten as to how you are so inside--in Ct? Lynch told this to certain people @ the superbowl in J'ville.

#52 : November 04, 2006, 08:51:15 PM

Are our safties better than Lynch? Do you hit somebody hard enuff to draw a 75,000 fine if you haven't got it any more? You can not say (with a straight face) that we wouldn't be better with him.

umm hitting people with your helmet and hitting people hard are two different things.

Orangegone1

Starter

#53 : November 04, 2006, 09:20:14 PM

We need to stop falling in love with Brooks at the WLB spot. If he's a true leader, he would do whatever it takes to help the team, because he's just not getting it done at his position. I think he could be a Pro Bowl MLB, if given the chance. He has the instincts and looked pretty unstoppable when blitzing up the middle. I think he's lost a step, but playing @ MLB would put him one step closer to the action and could extend his career 2-3 more years and give Ruud time to develop. Putting him @ SLB would be a slap in the face.

I'd like to see him retire a Buccaneer, but not at the cost of defensive excellence. I'm not giving up on him either. I do not want to see the Bucs dump him and watch him make the Pro Bowl on another team. For all he has done for this franchise, he deserves a look next season. If he's really lost it, then they should pull the plug.
I was thinking the same thing about Brooks playing the middle. He has lost a step but still could clog up the middle for a few more years. We could get some more speed for the outside.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#54 : November 04, 2006, 09:57:46 PM

Brooks in the middle is a recipe for disaster.  You want a guy whos game has never been taking plays head on to be responsible for doing so on every single running play?  Not to mention the Mike backer in oru system is basically a safety in the aspect he's got the deep middle 1/3 of the field when we play cover Y, so you think thats a good place to hide a guy whos lacking speed?  I think not.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#55 : November 05, 2006, 01:06:59 AM

Brooks in the middle is a recipe for disaster. You want a guy whos game has never been taking plays head on to be responsible for doing so on every single running play? Not to mention the Mike backer in oru system is basically a safety in the aspect he's got the deep middle 1/3 of the field when we play cover Y, so you think thats a good place to hide a guy whos lacking speed? I think not.

Brooks is still a bit faster than Quarles, and younger as well.  And he knows the defense inside-out, and could easily make the calls, the adjustments.  His speed is causeing him to miss tackles, to not drive into people like he once did.

Putting him at MLB would be sacriledge, and won't happen, but it wouldn be an upgrade over Q, and would give Winborn (who has speed), a chance to become a part of the starting trio at the second level.  The Bucs have converted Sam backers into the MLB position before, it would give Ruud more time to learn the nuances WHILE being a part of the starting unit at the same time.

I would love to see Winborn, Brooks, and Ruud out there.  Espescially considering Q is out next year, no doubt.

Edit:  And Brooks doesn't miss games.  He is about as durable as they come, the most durable Buc ever.

karen anderson

Practice Squad

#56 : November 05, 2006, 01:23:04 AM

And a lock for 1st round HOF. I will have to travel to Canton for that!

defntlydiffrnt

Starter

#57 : November 05, 2006, 01:35:33 AM

Before I get flamed let me say that he is one of my all time favorite players.  I know he has a contract past this season, but it seems to me if he looks back over the tapes for this season with an honest eye, he may retire.  There is no doubt he has lost a step and is missing tackles because of it.   He should go out before it gets embarasing IMO.

After the way he re-structured so he could stay for awhile and retire - I would say this is not his last year but I wouldn't be surprised if next year is.

#58 : November 05, 2006, 06:15:41 AM

Are our safties better than Lynch? Do you hit somebody hard enuff to draw a 75,000 fine if you haven't got it any more? You can not say (with a straight face) that we wouldn't be better with him.
Lynch wouldn't have made a difference. If you believe that you're kidding yourself.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#59 : November 05, 2006, 06:18:36 AM

Lynch wouldn't have made a difference. If you believe that you're kidding yourself.

Lynch helped in stopping the Colts through the air last Sunday.   :D :D :D
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Could this be Brooks last year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools