Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 11-Year-Old Next Reggie Bush? « previous next »
Page: 1

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

: June 24, 2007, 08:58:33 PM

Wonder when USC is going to sign this kid, since they like locking up young kids these days?

#1 : June 24, 2007, 09:11:18 PM

He's alright, but there's probably alot more like him out there waiting to blossom as they get older.

#2 : June 24, 2007, 09:35:22 PM

pretty impressive.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 24, 2007, 09:35:43 PM

That was impressive, his dad is probably an NFL assistant or something. At 11, he was running pretty fast. RINGER!(j/k)

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#4 : June 24, 2007, 11:22:40 PM

Quick question. Not an observation, not a crying liberal so don't fling that on me. I'm just curious because i was never involved in Pee-Wee football or hockey so I don't really know..

THere are some serious hits going on in that first video. I mean John-Lynch helmet first type stuff. Again, not judging or critiquing. Just curious - is that kind of standard hitting for Pee-Wee leagues - or at least the competitive ones? Judging from that kid's talent and the quality of the uniforms I would guess that league is pretty competitive. NO wonder the NFL is as talented as it is when kids play at that kind of level early.

As for Kaelin - his vision is amazing really. He seems to have an instinctive feel for opening creases and lightning quick reflexes. Speed is one thing - that may be just some kid developing earlier than others (akin to size) but that raw vision is incredible.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#5 : June 24, 2007, 11:35:51 PM

Quick question. Not an observation, not a crying liberal so don't fling that on me. I'm just curious because i was never involved in Pee-Wee football or hockey so I don't really know..

THere are some serious hits going on in that first video. I mean John-Lynch helmet first type stuff. Again, not judging or critiquing. Just curious - is that kind of standard hitting for Pee-Wee leagues - or at least the competitive ones? Judging from that kid's talent and the quality of the uniforms I would guess that league is pretty competitive. NO wonder the NFL is as talented as it is when kids play at that kind of level early.

As for Kaelin - his vision is amazing really. He seems to have an instinctive feel for opening creases and lightning quick reflexes. Speed is one thing - that may be just some kid developing earlier than others (akin to size) but that raw vision is incredible.

Good post.

I agree, speed is one thing, but to me it was vision and understanding of how to run that wowed me.

LG#1

Practice Squad

#6 : June 25, 2007, 12:18:28 PM

The kid is amazing he has great vision just like everyone else said but he also has a feel for the game and knows how where and when to cut.
Some advice do not pat him on the back and tell him he is going to be the best ever all the time you don't want the kid to get a huge ego at 11 years old.
But Kaelin is a good football player keep up the good work.

#7 : June 26, 2007, 10:43:24 PM

Some advice do not pat him on the back and tell him he is going to be the best ever all the time you don't want the kid to get a huge ego at 11 years old.

Having a 13 yr old and being around pee-wee football, its probably too late.

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#8 : June 27, 2007, 12:38:35 AM

The most impressive thing I saw was the kids' understanding of blocking.  There were some receivers out there holding blocks and then disengaging just in time to chip someone else just before the dude was tackled.  I didn't know the kiddies played at that level. 
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 11-Year-Old Next Reggie Bush? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools