Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kevin Garnett trade talks.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : June 26, 2007, 09:25:16 PM

i seem to keep finding different scenarios that the celts give up.  one is jefferson and #5.  the other is green, telfair, ratliff and the #5.    if they can do the second option that would give the celtics quite the squad.  would the wolves be willing to start from scratch though?

kobe and KG still wouldnt win the title either.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#16 : June 26, 2007, 09:35:06 PM

the Celtics do not want to get rid of Al Jefferson

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : June 27, 2007, 10:43:00 PM

nah, way too many teams would tank it.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#18 : June 28, 2007, 01:38:15 AM

Now the Hawks have pulled out... that franchise is the biggest mess in the NBA. The owners and GM arent even on the same page. They turn down Amare for a 3rd and 11th pick in a draft that actually isnt very deep. Now watch they will trade the 11th for Luke Ridnour.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : June 28, 2007, 02:06:51 AM

He would be a good sidekick.

He isn;t a guy who is going to win it by himself, as he is perceived.

He gets his, but he isn't "the man".

Throw the numbers, I could care less.  Garnett is a man who needs a GREAT partner to wear some rings.  His time is coming though...the time when his knees will wear out...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : June 28, 2007, 06:51:44 AM

the hawks pulling out of that deal was the smartest thing theyve done in years.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : June 28, 2007, 01:35:45 PM

the hawks pulling out of that deal was the smartest thing theyve done in years.

why? who will they draft Conley who in most drafts isnt a top 15 pick? Horford... who will never be as good as Amare? You add Amare with Joe Johnson and your a playoff team in the east. You add Conley/Horford whoever and your still a very young team with very little direction.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : June 28, 2007, 02:07:42 PM

i think nash magnifies amare's talents, where i dont believe joe johnson could produce similar results.  and im no nba junkie, but i gotta think you have head issues if conley isnt in your top 15.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#23 : June 28, 2007, 04:23:47 PM

i think nash magnifies amare's talents, where i dont believe joe johnson could produce similar results. and im no nba junkie, but i gotta think you have head issues if conley isnt in your top 15.

Conley is in my top 15 this draft because theres no PG. This draft is very thin at PG. You know its a weak PG draft when the Hawks listen to offers of Jarrett Jack or Luke Ridnour for the 11th pick. That says a lot on how good they think Conley/Law will be.

#24 : June 28, 2007, 07:35:10 PM

It was just reported on espn that the Warriors are now in Garnett talks.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#25 : June 28, 2007, 07:37:28 PM

Warriors and the Bobcats

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : June 29, 2007, 02:21:00 AM

Garnett is not worth all the talk.

Just my dime, but hey...

Can't say I have been impressed with his ability to win big games.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#27 : June 29, 2007, 02:50:15 AM

Garnett is not worth all the talk.

Just my dime, but hey...

Can't say I have been impressed with his ability to win big games.

I just dont know what the Hawks were thinkin pulling out. And the suns for even thinking about dumping Amare for Garnett

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#28 : June 29, 2007, 10:33:07 AM

Looks like the Warriors got their big man in Brandan Wright,so no KG talk for them. The Bobcats still have money to spend they should get to talking with the Wolves.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Kevin Garnett trade talks.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools