Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chauncey Billups opts of his contract « previous next »
Page: 1

Fresh

Hall of Famer

: June 25, 2007, 05:24:49 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NBA&hl=82993

Chauncey Billups officially opted out of his contract Monday, making him an unrestricted free agent as of July 1.

"Chauncey's first intention is to come back to Detroit, and we'll continute to explore that as an option, but if we're unable to make a deal with the Pistons my obligation is to look at other possibilities that will provide long-term security for Chauncey and his family," agent Andy Miller told ESPN.com. The same kind of chatter was coming out of Detroit about Ben Wallace last year at this time, and we all know how that ended. Look for teams desperate for a point guard with cap room to make a hard push for Billups this summer. However, early indications are that he'll be back in Detroit for the long haul.

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#1 : June 25, 2007, 05:26:00 PM

uh oh, Orlando Magic needs to get him. Or he ends going in the West somewhere

I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#2 : June 25, 2007, 05:36:54 PM

Lakers?  Trade for KG and sign Billups.  Kobe stays and finally has a shot with "his team" maybe?

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#3 : June 25, 2007, 05:41:16 PM

Lakers don't got money like that. Billups to the Lakers would be insane
PG- Billups
SG- Bryant
SF- Evans
PF- Cook
C- Garnett

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#4 : June 25, 2007, 05:42:21 PM

Lakers? Trade for KG and sign Billups. Kobe stays and finally has a shot with "his team" maybe?

They gotta do something to replace Smush. I don't know if Farmar's the answer, but Parker pretty much blows..

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : June 25, 2007, 05:46:16 PM

yeah replace smush with Billups... its that easy. Farmar is nothing but a role player, another player that was hyped way to much just because of March.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#6 : June 25, 2007, 05:46:55 PM

Lakers? Trade for KG and sign Billups. Kobe stays and finally has a shot with "his team" maybe?

They gotta do something to replace Smush. I don't know if Farmar's the answer, but Parker pretty much blows..
yea Smush defintely isn't the answer, but don't you think the Lakers will already be on a budget bringing in Garnett?

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#7 : June 25, 2007, 05:52:43 PM

yea Smush defintely isn't the answer, but don't you think the Lakers will already be on a budget bringing in Garnett?

Yea, not sure of the numbers, but he'll likely eat up all the space created by Odom and Bynum's departure. But they may opt to pay the luxury tax if the right player comes along, they have plenty of $$$. Even more so if Garnett is playing at Staples. That place will sell out every game..

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#8 : June 25, 2007, 05:56:58 PM

uh oh, Orlando Magic needs to get him. Or he ends going in the West somewhere

We should have held on to him on the cheap when we had the chance in 2000 but had to renounce his rights to get T-Mac and Hill.  Oh well, what could have been.

matt

Starter

#9 : June 25, 2007, 10:55:35 PM

Chauncey will end up staying in Detroit. Hopefully it will be for less than a max contract, because he's past his prime. I wouldn't be opposed to a sign and trade, and I wouldn't rule that out based on Joe Dumars' risk-taking history.

T

Hall of Famer

#10 : June 25, 2007, 09:45:26 PM

Be nice to see the Magic grab him, good player.

#11 : June 25, 2007, 10:58:34 PM

I'd say getting rid of Billups and Big Ben would've been worth it had we landed Duncan along with either Hill or McGrady, wow imagine that....
Billups, McGrady, Mike Miller, Duncan, Wallace

....Gotta go play NBA 2k7

MarleyMon81

Hall of Famer

#12 : June 26, 2007, 06:50:07 AM

I'd say getting rid of Billups and Big Ben would've been worth it had we landed Duncan along with either Hill or McGrady, wow imagine that....
Billups, McGrady, Mike Miller, Duncan, Wallace

....Gotta go play NBA 2k7

Oh definately losing either of those two and even Chucky Atkins would have been well worth it if the Magic would have been able to land Duncan and Hill/McGrady.  Duncan was the whole key for the Magic rebuilding their team.  When they didn't get him as a FA in 2000 is severly threw a wrench in their plans.  They went with the next best thing and that was T-Mac and Hill, it just didn't work out.

TEAMCALI

Starter

#13 : June 26, 2007, 10:25:54 AM

Lakers don't got money like that. Billups to the Lakers would be insane
PG- Billups
SG- Bryant
SF- Evans
PF- Cook
C- Garnett

#14 : June 26, 2007, 07:30:42 PM

KG, Kobe and Billups would send the Lakers over the cap woth those 3 players alone. Kobe is making in the 20-25 mil range next year I believe. Billups will get a max contract, if he was going to sign for any less he wouldve just stayed in Murder City.

Id llve to see Billups in Orlando. Not sure how many years he has left. Not sure how we would solve our need for a swingman when we are paying so much to Billups, Darko aand Howard. Maybe with a leader like Billups at PG and Howard and Darko in the frontcourt we would have more than enough help with Hedo and Ariza at the 2/3.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chauncey Billups opts of his contract « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools