Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Benoit & his family found dead??? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#60 : June 28, 2007, 02:46:04 AM

New details about the killings emerged Wednesday.
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/06/27/0628metbenoit.html

Daniel appeared to have been killed in a chokehold because he had internal neck injuries but no visible bruises, according to Scott Ballard, district attorney for Fayette County.

Nancy Benoit, 43, had bruises on her back and stomach, indicating her husband had his knee in her back as he pulled on a cord that was around her neck.

Benoit killed himself by wrapping a cord around his neck that was attached to a weight machine. He released the weights � about 240 pounds � to cause strangulation, Ballard said.

During the weekend, Benoit made groggy calls to co-workers and left text messages, according to the WWE.

On Saturday, he said he was delayed in catching his flight to an event in Beaumont, Texas, because of family health issues, the WWE said. In one call he said "I love you" to a co-worker, who called it "out of context," the organization said.

In other calls, Benoit said his wife and son were sick with food poisoning and that they had gone to the hospital, WWE said.

On Sunday, Benoit sent text messages to friends from his cellphone and his wife's cellphone. The last text message was sent at 3:58 a.m. Sunday, according to WWE.

The WWE lawyer tried to get inside the mind of the wrestling star to explain why he would kill his child.

"The time gap between the death of Nancy and the time he was with this child, it doesn't take much to figure out what was going on in his mind," McDevitt said. "The mother can't take care of [Daniel], he'd killed her. He was going to jail. There was nobody left to take care of this little boy."

McDevitt could not find any other explanation why Benoit would take Daniel's life. The boy adored his father and had his pictures in his room, McDevitt said.

Also Wednesday, Benoit's longtime physician, Dr. Phil Astin, said he had prescribed testosterone for the wrestler in the past but would not say what, if any, medications he prescribed the day of their meeting.

"He was in my office on Friday to stop by just to see my staff," Astin, of Carrollton, said. "He certainly didn't show any signs of any distress or rage or anything."

Not a 'roid rage'

That the violence went on for an extended period indicates it was not a "roid rage" sparked by steroid use, according to WWE and others.

Toxicology results from Benoit's autopsy won't be available for weeks.

Benoit received drug deliveries from a Florida business that sold steroids, human growth hormone and testosterone, according to the Albany County, N.Y., district attorney's office, which is investigating the business, MedXLife.com.

"This gentleman may have had other significant mental health problems," said Gary Yesalis, an epidemiologist at Penn State University. "The death of Benoit and his family wasn't spontaneous. I don't see steroids had much if anything to do with this."

At the gate and stacked stone wall at the family's 8-acre home, flowers, stuffed animals and wrestling figurines were left by fans.

And so were notes.

One was written by a child in pencil on lined notebook paper. "I will miss you, we will always love you," it says. "I left you my [toy] wrestler. See you in heaven."

Runole

Hall of Famer
#61 : June 28, 2007, 01:04:59 PM

Not a 'roid rage'

That the violence went on for an extended period indicates it was not a "roid rage" sparked by steroid use, according to WWE and others.

Of course it couldn't be linked to steroids as that would make a business built on them to have some serious issues associated with it!  ;)

"This gentleman may have had other significant mental health problems," said Gary Yesalis, an epidemiologist at Penn State University. "The death of Benoit and his family wasn't spontaneous. I don't see steroids had much if anything to do with this."

May?   So steroid effects are only spontaneous?  And of course steroids have nothing to do with this.. I mean how could a drug like this ever effect anyone?? Why its a miracle of medical science totally beneficial to all!! ::) :o

mjpwooo

Pro Bowler

#62 : June 28, 2007, 01:16:05 PM

THIS GUY'S A MURDERER.  HE STRANGLED/CHOKED HIS 7 YEAR OLD, MENTALLY HANDICAPPED BOY, HE WAS MENTALLY HANDICAPPED.  MURDERING SOB...

THE PARENTS OF THE CHILD IN THE STORY ABOVE I HOPE WERE WRITING TO DAVID, NOT CHRIS.  HE DESERVES NO SUCH SYMPATHY, AS MUCH AS I LOVED WATCHING HIM PERFORM IN THE RING.

Sorry for the ALL CAPS...but I'm PO'ed that an innocent, helpless child was murdered by his father!

#63 : June 28, 2007, 06:39:54 PM

So I guess what it all comes down to is, that Benoit was a weird scumbag at heart and his use of roids - alchohol - and pain killers probably contributed to his behavior & weekend murdering spree.   

#64 : June 28, 2007, 07:25:02 PM

Anybody else thinking concussions were involved in some way?

#65 : June 28, 2007, 07:33:27 PM

that article is crazy!!!

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#66 : June 28, 2007, 09:37:12 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19468182/?GT1=10056

that's weird

#67 : June 28, 2007, 11:20:40 PM

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19468182/?GT1=10056

that's weird
Odd.

DBrooksIsMyDaddy

Pro Bowler

#68 : June 29, 2007, 05:41:01 AM

What an awful story.  I don't follow wrestling, but what a tragedy for so many children who looked up to Benoit.

I'm kind of disturbed by the WWE's defensive reaction to the mention of 'roid rage, and as a nurse I am very disturbed by the increased use of anabolic steroids, especially by young people.  Here's an excerpt from the American Academy of Pediatrics' website about anabolic steroids.  Not trying to hijack the thread, sorry!
http://www.aap.org/family/steroids.htm
"Will steroids make me a better athlete?
No. Steroids cannot improve an athlete's agility or skill. Many factors help determine athletic ability, including genetics, body size, age, sex, diet, and how hard the athlete trains. It is clear that the medical dangers of steroid use far outweigh the advantage of gains in strength or muscle mass.

What are the side effects of steroids?
Steroids can cause serious health problems. Many changes take place inside the body and may not be noticed until it is too late. Some of the effects will go away when steroid use stops, but some may not.

For both sexes
Possible side effects for males and females include the following:

* High blood pressure and heart disease
    * Liver damage and cancers
    * Stroke and blood clots
    * Urinary and bowel problems, such as diarrhea
    * Headaches, aching joints, and muscle cramps
    * Nausea and vomiting
    * Sleep problems
    * Increased risk of ligament and tendon injuries
    * Severe acne, especially on face and back
    * Baldness

A special danger to adolescents
High school and middle school students and athletes need to be aware of the effect steroids have on growth. Anabolic steroids, even in small doses, have been shown to stop growth too soon. Adolescents also may be at risk for becoming dependent on steroids. Adolescents who use steroids are also more likely to use other addictive drugs and alcohol.

Males
One of the more disturbing effects of steroid use for males is that the body begins to produce less of its own testosterone. As a result, the testicles may begin to shrink. Following is a list of some of the other effects of steroid use for males:

* Reduced sperm count
    * Impotence
    * Increase in nipple and breast size (gynecomastia)
    * Enlarged prostate (gland that mixes fluid with sperm to form semen)

Emotional effects
Steroids also can have the following effects on the mind and behavior:

* "Roid rage" - severe, aggressive behavior that may result in violence, such as fighting or destroying property
    * Severe mood swings
    * Hallucinations - seeing or hearing things that are not really there
    * Paranoia - extreme feelings of mistrust and fear
    * Anxiety and panic attacks
    * Depression and thoughts of suicide
    * An angry, hostile, or irritable mood

#69 : June 29, 2007, 11:45:56 AM

Seems that he thought it out more than just simply rage.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#70 : June 29, 2007, 02:42:52 PM

The wikipedia entry was posted by...

Sylvia Browne!
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Chris Benoit & his family found dead??? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools