Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski v. Simms When They Miss « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #15 : November 02, 2006, 10:14:38 PM »

Speaking of dropped passes the Panthers are up there as a team.  Especially Steve Smith believe it or not.

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

« #16 : November 02, 2006, 10:18:53 PM »

I have noticed on a lot of "failed screen attempts" (where it's clear the RB or WR is going to get drilled as soon as he catches it, or the play hasn't developed by the time the pass rusher is on Grads), Grads has thrown the ball at the receivers feet.  Obviously this doesn't account for all the poorly thrown balls, but it's definitely more than a couple

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #17 : November 02, 2006, 11:49:25 PM »

Good stuff Dal! :)

I too, believe that Young Grads pass accuracy will come around significantly. As long as we keep this kid healthy and confident, I do believe he will work quite well in this offense. Good luck to the youngblood!

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #18 : November 03, 2006, 12:52:38 AM »

I've seen him throw balls in the dirt because he recognizes the defender is right there.

That's hilarious!!!!

Big_MAC_Buc

Starter
« #19 : November 03, 2006, 02:07:18 AM »

Watching the Giants game and the Philly game before that, it appeared to me that many of the "bad throws" may be intentional, probably more so that most QB's. In the Giants game a number of his throws, maybe half his incompletions, looked to miss the receiver by at least ten yards where the ball was thrown way, way out of bounds, but on second look the receiver was covered to some degree and with the weather being what it was Gradkowski may have simply made certain no one else would catch it. And he usually makes those decisions really quick.

Also, he does throw some away by throwing it into the ground. He also has thrown a few too low to be caught by the receiver, but again I think it is because Gruden and Hackett have drilled it into his head not to turn the ball over and he may be over compensating so as not to disappoint on that score. He may be throwing it away too often sometimes, but if he has any doubt about the coverage, throwing it away is better than turning it over. I don't know how long he can keep it up, though, and I won't be too surprised if he has one of those games with several picks along the way. As a rookie he is over due.

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma  made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth. --Umberto Eco

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

« #20 : November 03, 2006, 07:31:14 AM »

One pass that I have seen Grads miss in every game he has played in but get closer and closer each time to hitting, is that crossing route where the reciever (normally Galloway) is going to the left sideline. I think this week Grads and the recievers will be able to get on the same page going against NO for the second time in a month, and we'll see those numbers improve. I don't know how much this group will get done against the better defenses as the year goes on, but I think they will start to make plays against the secondaries they face that are not top tier.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

« #21 : November 03, 2006, 08:26:09 AM »

I think Gradkowski explodes this week.

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #22 : November 03, 2006, 08:59:12 AM »

Let's hope so! I think Grads has played as well as can be expected given his circumstances. He's played well enough period.
But a breakout game at home this week would be awsome!
Not like the saints have a bad defense either.
Going to be a good game and I'm really looking forward to it!

We are all here because we are NOT all there.....
As always, GO BUCS!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #23 : November 03, 2006, 09:05:17 AM »

What, like spontaneous combustion  ???  that will be fun to watch.  ;D

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #24 : November 03, 2006, 09:08:01 AM »

Let's hope so! I think Grads has played as well as can be expected given his circumstances. He's played well enough period.

A lot of people are making too much of his last two performances and trying to suggest there is a trend.  We face two pretty good pass rushing D's and other QB have struggled with them.  Favre and Bledsoe both had a few interceptions and a lower rating than Grads against the Eagles.

Grads will be just fine, he makes good decisions and when the timing comes he will be worth his weight in gold.

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #25 : November 03, 2006, 09:15:18 AM »

A lot of people are making too much of his last two performances and trying to suggest there is a trend. We face two pretty good pass rushing D's and other QB have struggled with them. Favre and Bledsoe both had a few interceptions and a lower rating than Grads against the Eagles.

Grads will be just fine, he makes good decisions and when the timing comes he will be worth his weight in gold.

Agreed and the timing WILL come. Here's a brilliant thought! Timing takes time. LOL
I think Gradkowski has all the tools, even the arm for a good enough deep ball. The hand size thing is ridiculous, his are fine. Look at the photos in the new PR and tell me they're not big enough to hold and throw the ball!

As always, GO BUCS!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #26 : November 03, 2006, 09:21:48 AM »

A lot of people are making too much of his last two performances and trying to suggest there is a trend.

There is a trend, he's a rookie and rookies aren't very good.

Even when JG suggests  a "breakout" game he's talking about 1 year too early. We're gonna see a lot of what we saw over the last 3 weeks for the rest of the year most likely and people need to get comfortable with that fact because it doesn't matter if he's Gradkowksi R6 pick or Vince Young #3 overall or Matt Leinart #10 overall rookie years look a lot alike and they rarely look good.

I don't dispute that, but the last two weeks were bad Ds for a rookie to face.  The Bucs have always destroyed rookies.  The main thing is Grads gets plenty of experience and learns the offense this season.

Garv

Hall of Famer
« #27 : November 03, 2006, 09:31:24 AM »

A lot of people are making too much of his last two performances and trying to suggest there is a trend.

Even when JG suggests a "breakout" game he's talking about 1 year too early. We're gonna see a lot of what we saw over the last 3 weeks for the rest of the year most likely and people need to get comfortable with that fact because it doesn't matter if he's Gradkowksi R6 pick or Vince Young #3 overall or Matt Leinart #10 overall rookie years look a lot alike and they rarely look good.

This is true. Probably wishful thinking on my part. Another reason to want him to succeed is not having to draft a first day QB next April and start anew.....again!

As always, GO BUCS!!!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

« #28 : November 03, 2006, 09:37:21 AM »

This is true. Probably wishful thinking on my part. Another reason to want him to succeed is not having to draft a first day QB next April and start anew.....again!

A rookie for another year and a huge contract......god I hope Grads progresses.

watson

Hall of Famer
« #29 : November 03, 2006, 09:38:54 AM »

Even when JG suggests a "breakout" game he's talking about 1 year too early. We're gonna see a lot of what we saw over the last 3 weeks for the rest of the year most likely and people need to get comfortable with that fact because it doesn't matter if he's Gradkowksi R6 pick or Vince Young #3 overall or Matt Leinart #10 overall rookie years look a lot alike and they rarely look good.
Dal,
I think that is a very accurate statement.  One of the things that has been said by many commentators is that it usually takes a young QB until his 3rd year in a system to really fully grasp it so the game slows down and he starts to see the entire field and makes the read progressions that are needed.  I expect Grads to struggle the rest of this year and show improvement next year...but still struggle and then show what he can really do by year 3.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.
  Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gradkowski v. Simms When They Miss « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools