Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scientists to search for evidence Bigfoot exists « previous next »
Page: 1

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

« : June 27, 2007, 11:06:57 AM »

I guess cancer and AIDS can wait awhile until we get to the bottom of this important stuff.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19443010/?GT1=10056

bucboy 64

Second String

« #1 : June 27, 2007, 11:10:55 AM »

Get Joe right on it.

« #2 : June 27, 2007, 01:18:03 PM »

I guess cancer and AIDS can wait awhile until we get to the bottom of this important stuff.

So you're telling us that you think cryptozoologists would have a contribution to make in finding a cure for cancer and AIDS? I really don't see that myself.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #3 : June 27, 2007, 01:40:14 PM »

I guess you should quit your job and stop wasting time on any hobbies too so that you
can do your part to help cure cancer and AIDS.

How much public funding is going into this search for Bigfoot? ZERO.

If it turns out to be Gigantopithecus or Miocene apes, it will be a huge discovery.

Meldrum's book is a good place to start. It's one of two Bigfoot books I have read
and I believe it's one of the best.

http://www.metroactive.com/metro/06.13.07/bigfoot-0724.html

Mainstream science has largely steered clear of the Bigfoot myth and dismissed it as a hoax. A few academics, however, have stepped forward to investigate film footage, footprints, hair samples and other supposed evidence and have concluded there is a large primate hitherto unknown to science out there. The most recent such scientist is Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum, an associate professor of anatomy and anthropology at Idaho State University. In his 2006 book Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science he analyses footprints, hair samples, photographic evidence, the Patterson–Gimlin film, DNA and American Indian lore and concludes Bigfoot is no hoax.

"From a scientific standpoint I can say that a respectable portion of the scientific evidence I have examined suggests, in an independent yet highly correlated manner, the existence of an unrecognized ape, known as Sasquatch," writes Meldrum.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #4 : June 27, 2007, 01:48:33 PM »

I just wonder what the benefits of finding Bigfoot would be. The only thing I could see happening is human curiosity intruding on the peaceful existence of another harmless creature. If there is a Bigfoot species, it's pretty obvious they don't want to be found.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #5 : June 27, 2007, 02:05:37 PM »

Same as the benefits of discovering any other creature over the years. It probably won't change our lives.
But at this point, if one was found and captured or killed, it would show that eyewitness testimony CAN
be valuable. If the thing was somehow related to humans, it would be an important find.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #6 : June 27, 2007, 02:31:08 PM »

So you're telling us that you think cryptozoologists would have a contribution to make  I really don't see that myself.

Fixed that for you. :)

Cryptozoologists, I think these guys used to be called story tellers. I wish my job was looking for animals that don't exist.

Bottom line, the BFRO isn't a scientific group. thy get a bunch of yahoos to roam about the woods and, by their own accounts, about half of these clads see Bigfoot - an animal so clever it is very hard to see any other time.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

« #7 : June 27, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »

Same as the benefits of discovering any other creature over the years. It probably won't change our lives.
But at this point, if one was found and captured or killed, it would show that eyewitness testimony CAN
be valuable. If the thing was somehow related to humans, it would be an important find.

Discovering, or destroying? Is eyewitness testimony worth anything to anyone besides the eyewitness?

IF a bigfoot does exist and has any intelligence at all, if even just on the level of apes, mankind will do less harm to the species by leaving it alone. I don't have a problem with studying a creature in it's natural habitat if possible, but I cringe at the though of "capturing" or "killing" one just for the sake of scientific curiosity. That's Josef Mengelese..

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #8 : June 27, 2007, 02:52:07 PM »

Lots of people agree with you on that.

Still, one body for study and to vindicate all of the witnesses over the years and add to the
scientific knowledge? I think it's worth it to do one capture and release. If they exist.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #9 : June 27, 2007, 03:10:21 PM »

Speaking of cryptozoology I had a strange encounter a few years back.   My job requires me to get up very early. When I moved to NH 4 years ago I had gotten up around 3 am as usual and went outside on the patio. It was early spring I believe and was kind of misty. We lived in an apartment complex at the time but nobody was around. There was a street light across the street for the parking lot of the next building of apartments. For about 5-10 minutes I watched 2 lights about the size of basketballs flying around the street light in quick random patterns. They were flashing off and on. After getting dress I got in my car a drove over there. I was now about 25 feet from them. The two balls of flashing lights continued to dance around the pole. When they flashed it was intensely bright. Almost like fire. They were also making a weird crackling sound. I watched them for several minutes almost hypnotized by them. To this day I don't know what I saw. I would almost describe it as two fireflies on steroids. I did some research and experiences similar to mine have been recorded as mothman sightings  Here's one example:  http://www.rense.com/general38/mmth.htm

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

« #10 : June 27, 2007, 03:48:17 PM »

I realize that Science is a field that includes ocupations that search for ways to cure things such as aids, cancer...  but there are science fields that do other things.  If these people can get footage or whatever of more then one of these things then that would be a great discovery.  What is the point in finding new species thousands of feet below the waters surface?  What is the point in going to the moon?  What is the point in sending satellites to jupiter?  What is the point in anything other then curiosity and the hope that one day it may prove useful? 

I don't know if I believe in Bigfoot for the mere fact that there would have to be hundreds of them in order to sustain the population throughout time.  Waybe their blood holds the key to finding a cure to things like aids and cancer. 

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
« #11 : June 27, 2007, 11:06:27 PM »

I was abducted by bigfoot and gave him a piece of beef jerky to release me.  Soon after I was again abducted by aliens who prodded me and conducted tests to gruesome to discuss.  I really can't get anyone to believe me and can't understand why?!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #12 : June 28, 2007, 01:01:20 AM »

Albert Ostman claimed to have been abducted by a Bigfoot. Excellent anecdote if anybody is interested.
Just Google him.

« #13 : June 28, 2007, 10:04:15 AM »

Link:

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/ostman.htm
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Scientists to search for evidence Bigfoot exists « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools