Boards > The Red Board

Overlooked, 48 passes and 0 interceptions

(1/3) > >>

coopsxx:
Ignoring all the other problems and complaints surrounding the Giants game, and dispite not playing that well. it is pretty impressive that Grad threw 0 interceptions in that game.

If his ability to protect the ball is for real, when he does develop, and are WRs re-learn to catch we should be a pretty good offense.

keeponbucn:
thanks for the jinx

coopsxx:
if jinx were in order the bucs would be unstoppable after a week of bashing on this board

keeponbucn:

--- Quote from: coopsxx on November 02, 2006, 04:03:21 PM ---if jinx were in order the bucs would be unstoppable after a week of bashing on this board

--- End quote ---

true.

RedAlert:
..and 20 completions (41%). But more important, 3 measly points.

coopsxx:
good point dalbuc. I think it is the best trait you can have as a young qb. If he was scoring td's people would be making the excuse that there is no game film on him, the low int's is attributable to him solely (well maybe a bit to Hackett and Gruden, but since simms thrw 7 int's with the same pair, i would say it is all Grad.)

bradentonian:

--- Quote from: coopsxx on November 02, 2006, 06:47:37 PM ---good point dalbuc. I think it is the best trait you can have as a young qb. If he was scoring td's people would be making the excuse that there is no game film on him, the low int's is attributable to him solely (well maybe a bit to Hackett and Gruden, but since simms thrw 7 int's with the same pair, i would say it is all Grad.)

--- End quote ---

With a slight thank-you to a few butter-fingered Bengals.

JavaBuc:
Does anyone remembr Trent Dilfer's first regular season action?   He relieved Craig Erickson against the Falcons at the Georgia Dome.   His first drive, he looked awesome.   Rifling the ball all over the place and going downfield for a td.   I was thinking he was really going to be a great QB.   Then the rest of the game he threw the stupidest passes in the world for INT's left right and center.   He was still throwing alot of great passes as well.   But those INT's cancel everything out.   Of course, we lost that game.  

I agree with you guys.   The most important stat is no turnovers.   It's a good start for Grads.    However, to be great, he's going to need to step it up eventually.

Warhorse:

coops....excellent observation.
 That is a HUGE plus for that young rookie.

Even with all the missed passes Saturday, a few clutch catches, and the Bucs have just gone in and knocked off one of the hottest teams in the NFC on their home turf.

Listening to some the nat'l handicappers tonite, several felt like Tampa was on the way up right now.
 Improved defense and a young, mobile QB who was the real deal.

I'm looking forward to the Bucs sending the Saints home crying.

coopsxx:
Yeh i mean im like everyone i would love to win a superbowl now, but lets be serious it aint happening this year, looking to the future have a seriously talented team on offense. The frustration is that with young guys it;s just a matter of waiting for them to prime, it's usually alot easier to say we just need to get this FA and we are in the hunt.

But I am more inclined to gamble a few losing seasons for the hope of a perenial playoff team than push for a superbowl once every 5 years, and to get a perenial playoff team you have to build a team through the draft which is what we are doing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version