Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Troy Smith « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : November 03, 2006, 04:26:43 PM

Give me Quinn or Smith over Grads and his current play anyday. I don't think that Quinn would fit the dink and dunk West Coast Offense very well at all. I say Calvin Johnson with the #3 pick.

Ditto!

I want defense as much as anyone. I wouldn't mind taking Joe Thomas or Levi Brown at OT either though. If we cannot get a QB we may have to take one in R1 because what we have right now, playcalling, offensive line play aside, its not showing much upside.

Baghead #2

fanobucs

Practice Squad

#31 : November 03, 2006, 09:39:47 PM

Why would we take a tackle.  AD is the best lineman we have and Trueblood has not shown enough to know if he will be good or bad.  The only lineman we would take on the first day might be a center.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#32 : November 03, 2006, 10:46:27 PM

GIVE ME ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!!!   ::)

Stretchcaddy

Starter

#33 : November 04, 2006, 12:07:08 AM

I like gradkowski, i especially like the fact that he is so cheap and he has probably 2-3 years or so left on his contract i think. But to be honest he has not looked very good the past 2-3 weeks but he has looked good at crucial times in games. I'm sure the playcalling has some to do with it, as well as defenses and gradkowski's  own ability to play at a high level at the qb position. I do see the positives , he has thrown a lot of balls with very few interceptions and knows when to scramble out the pocket, so hopefully he can continue to progress and be the qb of this franchise.........................

That being said, if he doesn't workout and improve by the end of the season, I would love for the bucs to get troy smith. 1st of all i think its time the bucs had a "franchise QB". I know we need help on defense, alot of help, but if u have a chance to get a franchise QB, you gotta get him, especially with what he brings to the field. And he can keep the bucs defense on the sideline a little longer because he will get at least 500 yards rushing in a season.

Go ahead and bash me, but that's my thoughts on this topic.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#34 : November 04, 2006, 09:26:05 AM

The only way we get Smith or Quinn is by drafting in the top five, and we are currently outside the top five.  If we take a QB in the top five they will command a contract of well over $40 million.

Then we have a QB that will not be productive for a year or two and a huge financial burden on the franchise....I will pass.

BTW - Grads was/is a very quick learn, not all rookie QBs will be game ready as quick.  We draft a rookie they might not be ready to play year one, and year two will be a huge learning curve.  So they probably wouldn't make an impact until year three, 2009.   :o

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#35 : November 04, 2006, 09:29:53 AM

The only way we get Smith or Quinn is by drafting in the top five, and we are currently outside the top five. If we take a QB in the top five they will command a contract of well over $40 million.

Then we have a QB that will not be productive for a year or two and a huge financial burden on the franchise....I will pass.

BTW - Grads was/is a very quick learn, not all rookie QBs will be game ready as quick. We draft a rookie they might not be ready to play year one, and year two will be a huge learning curve. So they probably wouldn't make an impact until year three, 2009. :o
quoted for truth.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

STERN11354

Starter

#36 : November 04, 2006, 10:36:35 AM

Living up here in Columbus, Ohio and seeing Smith play every game the guy is good.  He has zip on the ball, throws a great deep ball, and can definitely move around and make poeple miss in the open field should he decide to run with the ball.  He'd be a good QB for us BUT I'd rather take another Buckeye in the first round if he comes out early.  TED GINN JR!!!!  This guy can replace at least 3 people on our squad.  He returns kickoffs (Pittman), punts (Jones), and catches the ball (Galloway).  With Pittman freed up from returning kicks we could put him in the backfield with Williams and have a thunder/lightning backfield once again.  Ginn will be able to replace Galloway with his speed.  He can blow by a defender deep down field or going across the middle.  I'd like for us to get him if he comes out early.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#37 : November 04, 2006, 10:42:33 AM

Living up here in Columbus, Ohio and seeing Smith play every game the guy is good.  He has zip on the ball, throws a great deep ball, and can definitely move around and make poeple miss in the open field should he decide to run with the ball.  He'd be a good QB for us BUT I'd rather take another Buckeye in the first round if he comes out early.  TED GINN JR!!!!  This guy can replace at least 3 people on our squad.  He returns kickoffs (Pittman), punts (Jones), and catches the ball (Galloway).  With Pittman freed up from returning kicks we could put him in the backfield with Williams and have a thunder/lightning backfield once again.  Ginn will be able to replace Galloway with his speed.  He can blow by a defender deep down field or going across the middle.  I'd like for us to get him if he comes out early.

The biggest need for our offense is a good FB/RB to partner Caddy.  We can live with the WRs and QBs we have now, and for next year at least they would be better than a rookie.  Caddy needs help back there and we need a little insurance if he goes down.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#38 : November 04, 2006, 10:51:45 AM

The biggest need for our offense is a good FB/RB to partner Caddy.  We can live with the WRs and QBs we have now, and for next year at least they would be better than a rookie.  Caddy needs help back there and we need a little insurance if he goes down.

This is key considering Pittman is a good third down back but he is simply not the solution to the 1-2 punch needed to team with Carnell for the ground game.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#39 : November 04, 2006, 10:54:58 AM

This is key considering Pittman is a good third down back but he is simply not the solution to the 1-2 punch needed to team with Carnell for the ground game.

2nd round - Brian Leonard FB Rutgers.  Good blocker, bruising runner and nice soft hands.  That gives Caddy a real backfield partner and a little insurance if Caddy is injured.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#40 : November 04, 2006, 10:56:59 AM

Ted Ginn = NFL Bust

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#41 : November 04, 2006, 10:58:00 AM

Ted Ginn = NFL Bust

Probably so, and lets hope it is not in Tampa.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#42 : November 04, 2006, 11:01:48 AM

Ted Ginn = NFL Bust

Probably so, and lets hope it is not in Tampa.

LOL, that was meant for the Ted Ginn thread...oops.

corruptpirate

Pro Bowler

#43 : November 04, 2006, 11:20:30 AM

Leonard in the second woudn't be bad at all. But because he is such a specimen, he might go in the first.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#44 : November 04, 2006, 11:22:02 AM

Leonard in the second woudn't be bad at all. But because he is such a specimen, he might go in the first.

FBs rarely go in the first, so fingers crossed.   ;D

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Troy Smith « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools