Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Bucs be good next year? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JuliusOwnsBucs

Rookie

: October 05, 2006, 01:53:43 PM

I think that the Bucs could be very good next year with a young offense (although the defense is ancient) and a good offseason and draft. I also think the Panthers can be almost as good if not as good next year because of our offensive line, linebacker, and secondary injuries. I also like don't think the Falcons will make them next year because I think they will go quite deep this year and burn themselves out. Questions? Comments? Complaints?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 05, 2006, 02:07:43 PM

(although the defense is ancient)

Well, there is some youth available there. White,  Ruud, Zemaitis, Will Allen, possibly Cox, for instance.

JuliusOwnsBucs

Rookie

#2 : October 05, 2006, 02:11:51 PM

Cox isn't exactly Ronde Barber

bucster

Rookie

#3 : October 05, 2006, 02:17:40 PM

Julius, pantherfan told us you like Coxs.

JuliusOwnsBucs

Rookie

#4 : October 05, 2006, 02:20:07 PM

HAHAHA wow that was a good one!!! OMFGROFLMAO!!!! Jesus man don't make me laugh so hard next time...WOW!!! THAT WAS FUNNY!!!

bucster

Rookie

#5 : October 05, 2006, 02:47:01 PM

Relax, don't want a roid induced heart attack

JuliusOwnsBucs

Rookie

#6 : October 05, 2006, 02:51:42 PM

wont have one...they've made my heart too strong for that

gone

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 05, 2006, 02:54:15 PM

Bucs will be good THIS year.  The future starts Sunday.

Sactobuc

Starter

#8 : October 05, 2006, 02:54:43 PM

I think every year the NFC South will be good.  Competition and rivalries make for better games, and with experience through playing time, yes the Bucs will be a good team next year, offensive and defensive, but watch out for our special teams this year and years to come.  Gruden finally understands this.

Falcons, Panthers, good next year, probably every year when it comes to divisional games.  That's what I like about football, there's one small term goal of winning your division, and that sets you up to win the Super Bowl.  I say the Bucs repeat as SB champs before anyone else in the NFC South wins it......

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"They thought it was the end of the world, The day they heard the pirates sing-But the only treasure for a Buccaneer, Is a Super Bowl Ring\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#9 : October 05, 2006, 02:57:55 PM

Bad thing about this offense.. youth isnt exactly the best thing for it. It takes a long time for young players to pick up the timing the WCO demands. In 2005, we ran a very vanilla offense and got by with amazing play from our defense. We got too comfortable this year and Gruden tried to run the offense the way he has been wanting to with guys who arent ready, and the results speak for themselves.

Oh and anyone who wants to try and argue that with me, explain to me why Galloway and Hillard, two veterans, are the best offensive players we have going right now?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : September 26, 2007, 12:07:31 AM

Bad thing about this offense.. youth isnt exactly the best thing for it. It takes a long time for young players to pick up the timing the WCO demands. In 2005, we ran a very vanilla offense and got by with amazing play from our defense. We got too comfortable this year and Gruden tried to run the offense the way he has been wanting to with guys who arent ready, and the results speak for themselves.

Oh and anyone who wants to try and argue that with me, explain to me why Galloway and Hillard, two veterans, are the best offensive players we have going right now?
My how things have changed.

Except the part about Ike and Galloway...lol!

(Please note the original date of the thread...)

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#11 : September 26, 2007, 09:00:40 AM

our team will be different next year too. more money to spend in free agency, draft, possible trades. You never know...

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#12 : September 26, 2007, 09:26:33 AM

ike and joey are still our starting WRs -- thats worrisome. the pats picked up moss, stallworth and welker all in the past 1 yr.

getting WRs is possible. we need to go get 1-2 quality WRs this offseason -- 1 from the draft and 1 from FA. and for pete's sake please don't bring that weirdo boston back. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 26, 2007, 11:16:35 AM

(although the defense is ancient)

Well, there is some youth available there. White, Ruud, Zemaitis, Will Allen, possibly Cox, for instance.
LOL. At least it looks like Ruud is working out.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

superbuc

Practice Squad
#14 : September 26, 2007, 11:53:14 AM

I think that the Bucs could be very good next year with a young offense (although the defense is ancient) and a good offseason and draft. I also think the Panthers can be almost as good if not as good next year because of our offensive line, linebacker, and secondary injuries. I also like don't think the Falcons will make them next year because I think they will go quite deep this year and burn themselves out. Questions? Comments? Complaints?

Kind of a funny post.  Are you writing off this year?  The Panthers DL and LBs are old and/or hurt frequently.  The secondary is being held together with band-aids.

Actually, the D is far from ancient - Cato June is only 27.  Then there's Ruud, Adams, White, Phillips, Jackson, Will Allen,  Buchannon (27-28?), Black, Hayward, Cash, Haye, and Davis.  Aren't all of them 28 or younger?

What do we "need"?  More DL, WRs, RB, and a young QB (I don't have confidence in the young QBs we have for the starting role when Garcia eventually retires).  Garcia is an athlete, though.  If he can stay healthy, he can play another 3 years (beyond this one).
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Will Bucs be good next year? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools