Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your opinion please « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#15 : July 01, 2007, 09:05:25 PM

You don't want my opinion. But feel free to read my sig.

What is your sig in response to? Appears to me to be just a mere sentence fragment. Would you elaborate?

drywallbuc

Starter

#16 : July 01, 2007, 09:39:37 PM

IMO. Theres no way we make playoffs this year. New orleans is going to win the division, leaves us alot of decent teams to beat for wildcard spot.
1. o-line
2.d-line
3.qb
4.rb's
5.db's
 order of importance, IMO

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

Badabingnrt

Starter

#17 : July 01, 2007, 11:12:23 PM

IMO. Theres no way we make playoffs this year. New orleans is going to win the division, leaves us alot of decent teams to beat for wildcard spot.
1. o-line
2.d-line
3.qb
4.rb's
5.db's
 order of importance, IMO

We made the playoffs in 05 with this starting line-up(for a majority of the season)
QB Chris Simms
RB Cadillac Williams
FB Mike Alstott
WR Joey Galloway
WR Michael Clayton
WR Ike Hilliard
TE Anthony Becht
T Anthony Davis
G Dan Buenning
C John Wade
G Sean Mahan
T Kenyatta Walker

DE Simeon Rice
DT Anthony McFarland
DT Chris Hovan
DE Greg Spires
LB Derrick Brooks
LB Shelton Quarles
LB Ryan Nece
CB Ronde Barber
CB Brian Kelly
CB Juran Bolden
S Jermaine Phillips
S Will Allen

I definetly see that we upgraded at QB Jeff Garcia, slot WR Maurice Stovall, TE Alex Smith, T Luke Pettigout, G Arron Sears, G Davin Joseph, T Jeremy Trueblood, DE Gaines Adams, DT Kevin Carter, LB Cato June, CB Phillip Bucchanon.....

We are a better team then we were when we went 11-5.  So what do you have to say?  We had an easier schedule?  Well we got the 4th easiest this year.  I think we will be a 10 win team and make the playoffs.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 01, 2007, 11:21:11 PM

If everyone stays healthy, we may very well end up with the top rated offense in the NFL.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#19 : July 01, 2007, 11:28:03 PM

UmGuy1999...

I know you want to bring up that thing about Garcia not perfoming well in CLE and DET....well I just dont think many QBs would perform well there...

Besides, he played great last year...and I mean Great.  You cant totally judge somebody off their past.  I mean Drew Brees was left for dead until he finally got things goin in San Diego.  However, many had him not amounting to anything.

Hasselbeck and Bulger became franchise Qbs of their teams that they weren't even drafted by and got for cheap, being 6th rounders....

Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl after being a journeyman.  Jake Delhomme finally caught on with Carolina and has had them competitive since 2003.

Garcia threw for over 30 touchdowns twice when he was with the 49ers.  He threw for 10 last year in 6 games(one in which he barely played-atl last game).  So he basically averaged 2 touchdowns a game.  I'll take that from a QB without factoring in our running game which will be much better, along with a defense that will be much better..

If we can get 14 points from our QB, without even factoring in our kicking game, defensive/special teams, and running game, I think you will see us making a run.
Hasselback was behind Favre.. Drew Brees was let go because of Phillip Rivers. But what we have on our offense is much closer to those Detroit and Cleveland teams. We have a RB who can't catch and can't block. We have 1 decent WR, 1 decent TE and our OL.. well they sucked last year. Garcia is not a miracle worker, he is in the lower 3rd of NFL QB's. His "upgrade" will not be much, more along the lines of making our offense a 25th ranked offense as opposed to a 29th ranked offense.

#20 : July 01, 2007, 11:40:22 PM

What is your sig in response to? Appears to me to be just a mere sentence fragment. Would you elaborate?

What it means is that Simms isn't capable of winning on his abilities alone.

whobdis

Pro Bowler

#21 : July 02, 2007, 10:06:45 AM

. But what we have on our offense is much closer to those Detroit and Cleveland teams.

Are you serious..did you see Cleveland play last year. Hell even with Rattay at QB we almost doubled their offensive
output in yardage when we played them.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 02, 2007, 10:12:06 AM

Anyway you look at it hes an upgrade over what the Bucs have had the past couple of years

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 02, 2007, 10:43:36 AM

We made the playoffs in 05 with this starting line-up(for a majority of the season)
QB Chris Simms
RB Cadillac Williams
FB Mike Alstott
WR Joey Galloway
WR Michael Clayton
WR Ike Hilliard
TE Anthony Becht
T Anthony Davis
G Dan Buenning
C John Wade
G Sean Mahan
T Kenyatta Walker

DE Simeon Rice
DT Anthony McFarland
DT Chris Hovan
DE Greg Spires
LB Derrick Brooks
LB Shelton Quarles
LB Ryan Nece
CB Ronde Barber
CB Brian Kelly
CB Juran Bolden
S Jermaine Phillips
S Will Allen

I definetly see that we upgraded at QB Jeff Garcia, slot WR Maurice Stovall, TE Alex Smith, T Luke Pettigout, G Arron Sears, G Davin Joseph, T Jeremy Trueblood, DE Gaines Adams, DT Kevin Carter, LB Cato June, CB Phillip Bucchanon.....

We are a better team then we were when we went 11-5. So what do you have to say? We had an easier schedule? Well we got the 4th easiest this year. I think we will be a 10 win team and make the playoffs.
Looking back it's pretty apparent that 2005 team was duct taped together and hung by a string. They got a lot of fortunate bounces and last gasp performances by a lot of aging stars and career years by a lot of journeymen. They only scored 28 points more than they gave up all season. It's great the team was able to come together and fight out those wins, but it really shouldn't be used as any sort of measuring stick for what we hope this new team can become.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Fresh

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 02, 2007, 11:01:35 AM

Garcia is iLLeT

Quote from: True Playa
I'm a playa from way back and playa's gotta play. I'm straight pimpin'. Southside OG's keep it real. Represent the third coast.

JC510

Practice Squad

#25 : July 02, 2007, 12:07:50 PM

What it means is that Simms isn't capable of winning on his abilities alone.

Neither is Garcia.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#26 : July 02, 2007, 12:36:41 PM

I think Garcia will be better than grads and simms in this offense but I don't think he will be the ultimate savior I mean we still have some questions to be answered on offense. The Offensive line will have 3 new starters so that is going to take some time to jell. Also the defense has a question on its d-line at the under tackle position. The safeties still have questions. If our defense can help out our offense early in the season by getting turnovers and giving our offense more opportunities to score then I think Our O-line will be good as the year goes which will help Garcia and Williams out a long way. Our young recievers (Stovall, Clayton, even Boston) will benefit from Garcias experience in the WCO and he will be able to use and know effectively Jon Grudens Playbook to where Garcia will be able to point out the mismatches in his audibles that Gruden has done so much of here. I think that if the O-line and Defense jell early in the year then the bucs will be fine next year. Not only that but I think that Garcia along with some other bucs (offense & defense) will be at the pro-bowl next year.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#27 : July 02, 2007, 01:17:59 PM

They only scored 28 points more than they gave up all season. It's great the team was able to come together and fight out those wins, but it really shouldn't be used as any sort of measuring stick for what we hope this new team can become.
s

That's because of the backup QB in 05.  The Bucs offense went downhill after Grease went down.   A new leader under center will make Tampa competitive in every game.  It's up to the D now to get back to where it was.

JC510

Practice Squad

#28 : July 02, 2007, 01:50:58 PM

The Bucs offense went downhill after Grease went down. 

That's pretty funny.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 02, 2007, 02:31:17 PM

Garcia provides an instant upgrade to this offense, no doubt.  The o-line has also been upgraded, so Caddy should actually find some holes this year. That being said, it's gonna be tough to predict just how capable our offense will be because our WR's are the X factor.  We know Galloway can rock, but can MC return to form?  Will Stovall step it up?  Will the Bucs find a free agent gem?  It seems that finding another lock at WR should be the Bucs biggest concern right now...

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your opinion please « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools