Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Chad Johnson really have Ocho Cinco on the back of his jersey? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#15 : November 02, 2006, 10:30:53 PM

He had like a velcro of it on his back over his nameplate. Carson Palmer came over and ripped it off, and look quite disgusted when he did it......

i saw that and you aren't joking.... he had a look on his face as if to say "freakin idiot"!!!

Yeah, Carson didn't find it funny at all. 

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#16 : November 02, 2006, 10:34:13 PM

'ocho cinco' doesn't mean eighty five. It means eight five. Ochenta cinco is 85, but Johnson is a moron and probably didn't check into it.

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : November 02, 2006, 10:36:50 PM

Maybe he can put Delapan Lima on his back this week.   That means 8 5 in Indonesian.  What a loser.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#18 : November 02, 2006, 10:48:02 PM

'ocho cinco' doesn't mean eighty five. It means eight five. Ochenta cinco is 85, but Johnson is a moron and probably didn't check into it.

Seed is correct.  Eighty Five in spanish would be Ochenta y Cinco.

However, Chad's Jersey says 8 5
If he puts Ocho Cinco he is correctly "numbering" 8 and 5, just not the words Eighty Five.

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#19 : November 02, 2006, 11:39:17 PM

The league fines him yet they want to go international-- he just welcomed all the spanish nations to his fan club-- i dont see the big deal-- Ya gotta like johnson his stunts bring a comedic flare that doesn't hurt his team or the NFL image if you ask me. He is a good player who is a clown at heart-- The CPR bit after that score last year was the funniest one I have ever seen.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#20 : November 02, 2006, 11:47:09 PM

His actions are unnecesarry sometimes.  Some of it is funny (and charitable).  Some of it is arrogant, ego driven bullpoop.

nickerson56

Starter
#21 : November 03, 2006, 01:05:47 AM

Anyone here who really thinks Chad Johnson just learned 8 and 5 in spanish is stupid.  Johnson is smart and he is a genius when it comes to self promotion.   Its quite unfortunate that the No Fun League decided to penalize Johnson for harmless pregame conduct that.

nickerson56

Starter
#22 : November 03, 2006, 01:07:00 AM

...adds flare and entertainment to the league.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#23 : November 03, 2006, 01:47:19 AM

Anyone here who really thinks Chad Johnson just learned 8 and 5 in spanish is stupid.  Johnson is smart and he is a genius when it comes to self promotion.   Its quite unfortunate that the No Fun League decided to penalize Johnson for harmless pregame conduct that.
The joke is on everyone else who has been listening to NFL Network's commercial, the one that says, "where you at 85?" and didn't realize that's where Ocho Cinco came from, and why Chad did it.

apirateslife

Practice Squad

#24 : November 03, 2006, 08:16:21 AM

everyone's missing the point ....he did it because he was playing Ron Mexico's team

ArmyBucFan

Practice Squad

#25 : November 03, 2006, 08:34:30 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2647613

Chad Johnson to cough up $5K for 'Ocho Cinco' stuntBy Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

He lost his golden mohawk and now, unless Chad Johnson prevails on appeal, the colorful Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver is going to lose some pesos as well.

The league has fined Johnson $5,000 for wearing "Ocho Cinco" on a Velcro nameplate across the back of his uniform jersey before last Sunday's loss to the Atlanta Falcons. "Ocho Cinco," signifying his uniform No. 85, is the name by which Johnson said he wanted to be called the day leading up to the game.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen first reported Monday evening that the league planned to fine Johnson.

Johnson wore the faux nameplate over his real surname on the uniform for pre-game warmups, and it was con**CENSORED**uous when he met with Falcons cornerback DeAngelo Hall, against whom he vowed to score two touchdowns, in practice. Just before kickoff, quarterback Carson Palmer ripped off "Ocho Cinco" nameplate, revealing "C. Johnson" on the back of the receiver's jersey.

It's expected that Johnson, who has been fined repeatedly in past seasons for his end zone choreography, will appeal the league's action.

The sixth-year veteran appeared at Wednesday's practice minus the mohawk he has been sporting since training camp. Johnson said last week that he would shave his head if he didn't score at least two touchdowns against the Falcons. He scored only once.

Senior writer Len Pasquarelli covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

watson

Hall of Famer
#26 : November 03, 2006, 09:45:08 AM

Anyone think he's wearing Ocho Cinco as a nod to Ron Mexico maybe and that is a reason why the NFL is a bit miffed at this. The NFL loves The Perp with the Herp and anyone referencing that hushed up story threatens jersey sales.
Dal,
I had not thought about that, but if true, that would be just too funny.  Talk about a slam......

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#27 : November 03, 2006, 09:48:38 AM

I thought is was funny as hell

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Eli10

Second String

#28 : November 03, 2006, 09:54:15 AM

Ok, quick questions for everyone.

1) I think he's better than TO because he isn't a disruption to his team overall - your thoughts?
2) Did he really desrved to get fined for that? He didn't play a down with that on his jersey.
3) Where did he find someone that would make that for him????

#29 : November 03, 2006, 10:10:19 AM

The joke is on everyone else who has been listening to NFL Netowrk's comercial, the one that says, "where you at 85?" and didn't realize that's where Ocho Cinco came from, and why Chad did it.

Ding, ding..... we have a winner.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Did Chad Johnson really have Ocho Cinco on the back of his jersey? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools