Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yamon Figurs - the secret weapon? « previous next »
Page: 1

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
: November 05, 2009, 09:00:20 AM

So, we haven't heard much about Figurs since his signing a couple of weeks ago. It's made me wonder, with Freeman starting, the deep ball is back into the Bucs' game plan. Freeman and Figurs had some chemistry back in the K-State days and lord knows the Bucs need some speed at wide out.

Maybe Figurs is active and sees a couple plays to help Free stretch the defense.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#1 : November 05, 2009, 09:07:17 AM

I'd much rather have a guy who can actually catch a ball. If Figurs was worth a dang, the Ravens never would have let him go. Baltimore has been looking for WR's for most of the past year. Figurs is just a guy. He has some ST's ability but we can't develop anyone with this coaching staff.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#2 : November 05, 2009, 09:13:41 AM

I'd much rather have a guy who can actually catch a ball. If Figurs was worth a dang, the Ravens never would have let him go. Baltimore has been looking for WR's for most of the past year. Figurs is just a guy. He has some ST's ability but we can't develop anyone with this coaching staff.

I'm not saying he's any more than just a guy - but he does have speed and the ability to stretch a defense. He also doesn't lead the league in drops like a certain wideout we know.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#3 : November 05, 2009, 09:18:26 AM

Well that is true.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#4 : November 05, 2009, 09:31:27 AM

Figurs is a scrub...end of story.  He's only here because he went to KSTATE!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#5 : November 05, 2009, 11:00:55 AM

Figurs is a medicore WR, but as a decoy he is gold. We shall see if he is active for the Packers game, but I imagine him being used when the Bucs spread the Packers D.  Hopefully that gives Carnell some running room as well with some draws.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#6 : November 05, 2009, 11:03:40 AM

I'm not saying he's any more than just a guy - but he does have speed and the ability to stretch a defense. He also doesn't lead the league in drops like a certain wideout we know.

TO leads the league in drops.  Clayton's actually got several people ahead of him in that category now.  Might not last long though...

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#7 : November 05, 2009, 11:30:45 AM

Ya I highly doubt that Figurs is a "secret" weapon. He may have speed and can return some balls, but that is about it.

#8 : November 05, 2009, 12:18:02 PM

Figurs is a medicore WR, but as a decoy he is gold. We shall see if he is active for the Packers game, but I imagine him being used when the Bucs spread the Packers D. Hopefully that gives Carnell some running room as well with some draws.

Josh has only got to hit the kid (and he catch it) on 1 or 2 slants...  get some YAC.

Then we'll see some lanes open up for CW and DW

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#9 : November 05, 2009, 12:43:44 PM

on madden!

play action deep ball down field

or hit him on a slant in space

and hes gone!

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#10 : November 05, 2009, 01:17:34 PM

on madden!

play action deep ball down field

or hit him on a slant in space

and hes gone!

this is true

k_bassuka

Starter

#11 : November 05, 2009, 02:14:18 PM

We need to evaluate the players we have right, at least that the excuse to play all this scrubs on gamedays. Give the guy a chance sit Clayton since he's not woth a dime and if he can't catch oh well we don't miss out on much.

burger40

Hall of Famer

#12 : November 05, 2009, 03:52:13 PM

the best thing about playing yamon if we do on a play is safeties can't be comin up so tight in support with his speed.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis de Tocqueville
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Yamon Figurs - the secret weapon? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools